THE *Original* 1 Man Army
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
51 is an odd number...what would be #52? D.C. :rofl2:

On a serious note...I'm no political expert, but I'd say who gives a shit if they are a state? Doesn't Puerto Rico get most of the benefits that states have for being a territory anyways?

Sanoblue

The Fuzzy Blue Woof!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
technically we dont have the 50 we claim to have.... as some states arnt really states.... we have principalities commonwealths and the like as well...

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
will we be able to trade in our old flags towards new ones?

or maybe I'll just wait another year for the next upgrade with the bigger screen and shinier stars

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
technically we dont have the 50 we claim to have.... as some states arnt really states.... we have principalities commonwealths and the like as well...

It's the other way around, actually. We have 50 states + the District of Columbia + the territories, commonwealths, etc.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Lacius

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had wandered into this thread hoping it would be a discussion of my favourite Samuel L Jackson film.

As for the matter at hand assuming it is a benefit for the area I see no reason to say nay if that is what people want. What little I know of the situation says it might not be a clear cut thing as the measure of autonomy afforded to it does allow for some interesting things.

ok but they still have odd laws and its own governing force of that such and its own tax messed upness

Odd laws and interesting taxation methods both of which are state specific seem to be the norm for most states I have ever been in. Indeed trying to figure out what goes in what state provides 90% of the nightmares me and mine have trying to do business across state lines and that is before we try to figure in city/county/area specific stuff. Own governing thing was a bit more nebulous but don't most places have a state government as well?

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no less of a state just not the traditional form of state judicial and governing body. it has maintained alot of the traditional views of a commonwealth

The Commonwealth ideal of having a "government based on the common consent of the people" is shockingly common throughout the United States. Plus, the state government isn't all that different from the rest of the United States; the exact makeup and balance between the branches may differ slightly, but each state has its own individual quirks. Whatever differences exist in the structure of the state's government aren't radically different from the rest of the nation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu