Gaming The 50 Best Freeware Games

SSVAV

Lurker in space
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you very much for this.

Now I have enough games to play for two months.

BTW, you should add to the list Nitronic Rush. Great "survival racing" game, supports ghosts and online friend scoreboards (though people have hacked the game, you might as well just compete with friends).

Also has a large amount of content which just got updated to version 4 and beautiful neon graphics.

[yt]vNuSvuzPL10[/yt]

Reactions: Wolfy

Framework43

I'm International
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ktj9JgMBqi0
Warface =-D
Free to play FPS only available in Russia, but there are many tutorials on how to get the game in English.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm surprised to see that FLaiL and the jumper series (1,2,3,redux), their all good freeware games made by the guy who made give up robot. (Ogmo from jumper was also in the pc version of super meat boy)

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
stuff.png

The Alien Swarm pic was causing the 401, so I replaced it with one hosted on tinypic.

TheLoneWolfGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey! How come CS 1.6 ain't on that list! And you left many awesome games out too! I'll say 2. transcendence.kronosaur.com and wz2100.net

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
This thread isn't updated much anymore. But I'll still mention some that just can't be missed:

-Team fortress 2 (as mentioned by Satangel some years ago)
-OpenRA: basically recreations of C&C (Tiberian Dawn), C&C: Red Alert, and Dune 2000
-OpenTTD: Transport Tycoon Deluxe remade. Haven't played this as much, but seems to work fine...and in fact better than some of the other commercial clones released in the day...
-fistful of frags. Just heard about this from Totalbiscuit yesterday, but apparently very, very good.
EDIT: almost forgot:
world of tanks. Pretty decent. :-)
Unreal Tournament. Currently still in pre-alpha version (though the final product will be free as well). Keep an eye on this one. :)

Last edited by Taleweaver,
Reactions: TheLoneWolfGamer

memoca

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i have a user submission to suggest!! wadanohara and the great blue sea. it's a heavily story-based rpg maker game. here's the description of the game from the wiki:

"Wadanohara and the Great Blue Sea is an adventure RPG made in late 2013. It follows the young witchWadanohara and her familiars. After a journey from the witch world she had been visiting, she returns to her deep sea home to find it had been attacked by an unknown enemy. Wadanohara is tasked with repairing the magical barriers protecting the kingdom destroyed by this enemy, but fixing them shall not be the last of her worries...

Although Wadanohara and the Great Blue Sea was initially a Japanese-language game, there is an English fan-translation by web translator vgperson. The English translated version of the game can be downloaded from vgperson's website, here
."

however, keep in mind that it is rated 15+ due to violence, body horror/gore and sexual assault.

aside from the mature themes, this game is very emotional and it WILL make you cry. it is sad, but beautiful. it has very deep meanings and backstories to it. HIGHLY recommend!!!!

RyanAnayaMc

The ACE
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DUDE. You forgot Unturned! Out of my 60+ PC games, it is the ONLY free-to-play game in my library. Not only that, but it is my MOST PLAYED Steam game out of all of them. I have 1061 hours of my life wasted on that game. The second most played game in my library is Terraria at 395 hours - not even close.

Fun gameplay, runs on low-end PCs, looks great on higher-end PCs, has a large community, is updated weekly, has lots of content (plus the Steam workshop), and is 100% free to play. Anything you can buy is purely cosmetic and gives you no advantage whatsoever in the game. I would honestly pay $40 for that game - it's that good.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...