Hacking testers needed for new XCXGecko version

MiMiCAX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've gotten it to work with SSBB disc. Loadiine exploit -> loadiine + pygecko -> press Y on game -> pyGecko(Loadiine) -> select SSBB game -> Play.

The Items section (Materials, Precious Resources, Data Probes, etc.) isn't working properly for me at all, I can confirm the slot's contents manually, and the search function jumps to the correct slot (in this case Dried Seaweed Lichen, Type 68, ID 161, Slot 35) but the Item ID section doesn't update and neither does the Item ID, filling it in manually returns "POKE Materials Slot 035 failed: cannot poke empty item slot" when the slot is indeed full.

DP MERGE: If you're interested in implementing editing augment slots, they're the same exact values as the base effects, shifted to 0xxx 0yyy0zzz instead of xxx0yyy0 zzz0.

I've tested the latest version (1.5beta2) on an european WiiU on 5.5.1, using the official disc (updated on 1.0.1E), using the 0 offset. I'm running the kernel exploit + TCPGecko with this site.
"General" and "Character Traits" cheats are working well. "Items" and "Gear Mod" cheats are also working, but there seems to be a mismatch on Slot nubers: for example, on Materials, when i click on the "Cache Slots" button, XCXGecko detects the right amount of Materia slots but, if in the game on Slot 2 I have 2 "Vesper Fang", XCXGecko tells me that in Slot 2 there are 3 "Small Insect Leg" (I have 3 Small Insect Legs, but they're on a different Slot number).
Thanks for the tool anyway, I hope my report was useful.

please guys, just the "item" section its not working for me, everything else works, im on 5.3.2, loadiine gx3, xcx 1.0.2u

-click on cache slots (precious resources) i got this

[05/24/16 18:51:03]: READ 1C3CB540 1200
[05/24/16 18:51:03]: Found 15 Precious Resources slots in memory
[05/24/16 18:51:03]: READ 1C3D6540 4
[05/24/16 18:51:04]: Cache error: val(0x1C3D6540)=00646464, type (8C) != expected (64)
[05/24/16 18:51:04]: Cache error: val(0x1C3D6540)=00646464, type (8C) != expected (64)

so i change to the slot 002 and try to poke some bonjelium for example, but i got this

[05/24/16 18:51:50]: READ 1C3D654C 4
[05/24/16 18:52:11]: POKE Precious Resources Slot 002 failed: cannot poke empty item slot

what can i do ?? like i say every others section work fine

https://github.com/mimicax/XCXGecko/releases/tag/v1.5beta3

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

-same Wii and conditions as my first post, 5.5.1 U, Loadiine GX2 (latest "Nightly") w/ XCX update v32(aka 1.0.1U), first with XCXGecko 1.5Beta2, problem persists in XCXGecko 1.5Beta3.
-full verbose enabled, lines 17-19 are me checking to make sure the offsets where correct, 23-30 are me clicking through the slots, all showing "[NOT IN DB], 000", "Fix Name" shows the correct item type but the ID still shows as 000. http://pastebin.com/RMAyQsk3
-I meant editing Augment Slots, not Gear Base Augments. I'm also in the process of mapping out every individual weapon ID in the game http://pastebin.com/yDEZfTC0

My notes are based on your notes, so credit on those is still yours.
Edit: GBATEMP isn't keeping my formatting, ULed to Pastebin. :(
That's some awesome work dude!
Unfortunately I don't quite have the time in the next month to take on this volume of addition. I'll try to check back in July.

H_Oz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've tested the latest version (1.5beta2) on an european WiiU on 5.5.1, using the official disc (updated on 1.0.1E), using the 0 offset. I'm running the kernel exploit + TCPGecko with this site.
"General" and "Character Traits" cheats are working well. "Items" and "Gear Mod" cheats are also working, but there seems to be a mismatch on Slot nubers: for example, on Materials, when i click on the "Cache Slots" button, XCXGecko detects the right amount of Materia slots but, if in the game on Slot 2 I have 2 "Vesper Fang", XCXGecko tells me that in Slot 2 there are 3 "Small Insect Leg" (I have 3 Small Insect Legs, but they're on a different Slot number).
Still the same issue for me.

mauroxp69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
so sad, still the item section not work for me, the read give me a wrong number (99) of the material, its send the poke but in the game not work

5.3.2u, loadiine gx 03, xcx 1.0.2u

D

Deleted User

https://github.com/mimicax/XCXGecko/releases/tag/v1.5beta3

That's some awesome work dude!
Unfortunately I don't quite have the time in the next month to take on this volume of addition. I'll try to check back in July.

Thanks for fixing that issue, this'll definitely make getting the more annoying mini-quest things out of the way a hell of a lot easier. I have to change my offset to something else and back to get it to apply to the Items section, though it is probably because I set the offset manually in the config.ini.

When I've got them all laid out in human-readable format I'll work on a version of the list reformatted as a trio of databases, laid out the same way you did your gear_id database. One for Melee, One for Ranged, and one for Armor. I'll hopefully have at least armor done by July since there are just under 7,000 total Weapons and Armor Pieces in the game, including the duplicates and unused versions.

We also need someone to start getting the IDs for Skell Weapons and Armor. I can do these as well but if we can get another person helping out that'd certainly cut the load and get the whole thing ready before August rolls around.

Last edited by ,

Nevermore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh, dunno if I should bring this up here, but for some reason I can't delete the folder if I had XCX Gecko in it. This pops up.

GjfNQAJ.png

D

Deleted User

Uh, dunno if I should bring this up here, but for some reason I can't delete the folder if I had XCX Gecko in it. -snip-
That's a issue on windows' side. if you've already closed all other explorer windows just reboot and try again.

Nevermore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a issue on windows' side. if you've already closed all other explorer windows just reboot and try again.
Yeah, turns out it's something regarding network drives (OneDrive, Dropbox, etc) and thumbnails. Disabling it in folder options and restarting let me delete it.

Latios12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if this is the place to post this, but when the drop down list appears to select a character, i noticed a couple of them were missing, such as irina, mia and nagi.
http://prntscr.com/bg9z93

Not sure if it was unintentional or if its simply incomplete, but regardless, is there anyway to modify the playable characters not in the list, and if so, how (sry, im new to this) Besides Lins name being erased on the Wii U, everything works perfectly as far as the rest of the character traits, replacing items and the general catagory

This is on Loadiine 5.5.1 US Version btw, no disc in sight, using XCX 1.02 update

Last edited by Latios12,

MiMiCAX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not sure if this is the place to post this, but when the drop down list appears to select a character, i noticed a couple of them were missing, such as irina, mia and nagi.
http://prntscr.com/bg9z93

Not sure if it was unintentional or if its simply incomplete, but regardless, is there anyway to modify the playable characters not in the list, and if so, how (sry, im new to this) Besides Lins name being erased on the Wii U, everything works perfectly as far as the rest of the character traits, replacing items and the general catagory

This is on Loadiine 5.5.1 US Version btw, no disc in sight, using XCX 1.02 update
Are you sure you scrolled down sufficiently? All names should show. Otherwise, did you modify codes.txt?

I think you are referring to the difference in order between XCXGecko and in game. That's to be expected -- "Slots" in XCXGecko are ordered by their placement in memory addresses, whereas the game sorts these items in other ways (e.g. alphabetical / chronological).

i have with the item section, when i click on cache slot send me this "type (8C) != expected (64)"

5,3,2u
loadiine gx3
xenoblade 1.0.2u

evereything else work fine
I just tested a similar setup: 5.3.2U, loadiine GX2 0.3, XCX 1.0.1E

With a 0xB000 setup, all codes are working for me. (cash / chars / items / gears)

Reactions: H_Oz

H_Oz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
MiMiCAX said:
I think you are referring to the difference in order between XCXGecko and in game. That's to be expected -- "Slots" in XCXGecko are ordered by their placement in memory addresses, whereas the game sorts these items in other ways (e.g. alphabetical / chronological).
Now I feel dumb, I never thought about that honestly :D Thank you!

Latios12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure you scrolled down sufficiently? All names should show. Otherwise, did you modify codes.txt?

I did, but also didnt change the code.txt, however a simple redownload did the trick when i tried it an hour after the post so it must of been something with the inital download, prob cause a power outage happened during the download. Everything was fine after the second download tho, so thx for the awesome tool and the other one your working on :D (sry for the late reply, i dont go on here much)

Last edited by Latios12,

LuismaSP89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
(Do not post here if you need help getting XCXGecko to run; read this thread instead)

I've added the ability in XCXGecko to change the offset, applied to all code addresses. This is meant to support people using different firmware / payload configurations, as the base memory addresses are different (urgh).

I'd like to get a few people to test this beta release of XCXGecko and make sure it works. I myself have confirmed that it still works with WiiU 5.3.2 + Loadiine (MiiMaker + pyGecko) + pyGecko (Loadiine 5.3.2) payload configuration. I'd welcome feedback from people with the following setups:
  • 5.5.x, disc/e-shop (to confirm default offset)
  • 5.3.2/5.4.0, OnionKnight's Loadiine v4 + pyGecko combined payload (I couldn't find this payload on new exploit index sites, so maybe it has been deprecated)
  • 5.5.x, Loadiine, US copy of XCX
  • 5.5.x, Loadiine, EU copy of XCX
  • 5.5.x, Loadiine, JP copy of XCX

Pedantic Tips:

• after opening GUI, toggle Offset dropdown in toolbar to match your setup, then connect to WiiU
  • start by reading your funds or miranium, and confirm correct values
  • don't trust the labels for the Offset dropdown entries. If you know the offset for your setup, enter it (in decimal), test to confirm a few working READ/POKEs, then reply here to let me know
  • if you change Offset, you should ideally re-cache item/gear slots (d'uh)

Doesn´t work for me (Using european wiiU with 5.5.1E + Loadiine latest nightly build + Backup of Xenoblade Chronicles X)

- I change to "true" in the .config of the XCX, then i enable the gecko in the .config of loadiine. Then run the XCX, it connects perfectly to the wiiU, but when i made a change "For example the miranium or the credits" the program send the pokes, but it doesn´t work.

And it seems i´m not the only one, everybody with 5.5.1 and loadiine GX2 0.3 or upper can´t make it work: (http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_tutorial-pygecko_2168592_s50#p1741821400) (Spanish language)

MiMiCAX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Doesn´t work for me (Using european wiiU with 5.5.1E + Loadiine latest nightly build + Backup of Xenoblade Chronicles X)

- I change to "true" in the .config of the XCX, then i enable the gecko in the .config of loadiine. Then run the XCX, it connects perfectly to the wiiU, but when i made a change "For example the miranium or the credits" the program send the pokes, but it doesn´t work.

And it seems i´m not the only one, everybody with 5.5.1 and loadiine GX2 0.3 or upper can´t make it work: (http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_tutorial-pygecko_2168592_s50#p1741821400) (Spanish language)

Ah, thanks for letting me know that there are people interested in, and potentially benefiting from, XCXGecko in the Spanish community *warm feeling* :D

It appears that you may be using an outdated version of XCXGecko, since the most recent versions of config.ini use a numerical value for offset rather than a boolean flag. You should check out the latest beta release here.

WARNING: I didn't get a chance to test it, so please reply if you still can't get it to work. Also, please post the log output next time (making sure that both verbose read and verbose poke are enabled in config.ini first).

LuismaSP89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Ah, thanks for letting me know that there are people interested in, and potentially benefiting from, XCXGecko in the Spanish community *warm feeling* :D

It appears that you may be using an outdated version of XCXGecko, since the most recent versions of config.ini use a numerical value for offset rather than a boolean flag. You should check out the latest beta release here.

WARNING: I didn't get a chance to test it, so please reply if you still can't get it to work. Also, please post the log output next time (making sure that both verbose read and verbose poke are enabled in config.ini first).

Hi again : ) first of all, thanks for your help, and thank you for this program.

Tested with the latest beta release you provided (You´re right, i was using an older version) but the same results. The program connects to WiiU, but doesn´t change nothing.

I follow this steps:

- Set "LaunchPyGecko=1" in the loadiine_gx2.cfg
- Load Xenoblade Chronicles using loadiine and the homebrew launcher. Stop in the main menu.
- Open web browser of the wiiu, then go to loadiine.ovh and load the "TCP gecko + kernel (5.5.0-5.5.1)" Twice (Two steps to run TCP Gecko)
-Edit the config.ini of the XCX and set:

wiiu_ip: (The IP from my WiiU)

read: True
poke: True
poke_str: True

-save and exit
-Go back to the Xenoblade´s main menu
-Open XCXGecko.exe
-Connect to my WiiU, success.
-Load my savegame of Xenoblade
-Go back to the XCXGecko.exe and set funds to 99999999 clicking the pencil icon.
-In the XCXGecko the status is:

[07/19/16 17:05:30]: Code DB: codes/xcx_v1.0.1e.txt
[07/19/16 17:05:30]: Item ID DB: codes/xcx_item_id_v1.0.1e.txt
[07/19/16 17:05:30]: Gear ID DB: codes/xcx_gear_id_v1.0.1e.txt
[07/19/16 17:05:32]: Connecting to Wii U on 192.168.1.39...
[07/19/16 17:05:32]: Connected to Wii U on 192.168.1.39
[07/19/16 17:09:01]: READ 1C39AD90 4
[07/19/16 17:09:02]: POKE 1C39AD90 05F5E0FF
[07/19/16 17:09:02]: READ 1C39AD90 4

-Nothing happens

By the way... where´s the output log to post it? I searched for a while and didn´t found.
Thanks for your help again. I mentioned you in the spanish community, hope it helps to help you with your work ; )

LuismaSP89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Is there a way to use it with the offline savegame? Loadiine store savegames in a folder of the SD, it would very easy to use in that way for the people who use loadiine.

darkmvr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I got it working by running the exploit then to homebrew launcher -> pygecko, loading up game (XCX pal disc). Seems some cheats like hight and boob size only take effect on the server or squad select screen, it does not work in game (when your playing). So far i have tested almost all cheats and they seem to be working very well except the Elma true form (i think it was called?) does not work, not ingame and not anywhere before that or reloading or entering another area. Exp levels and other leveling type cheats seem to be acticated upon killing something.

Also maxing out boob size seem to be limited by a certain amount (im guessing that was the Japanese limit) wich was to bad cause i wanned Lin with gigantic boobs or scare other players online with my main character :P

Reloading your save or exiting to title seem to disconnect the trainer but you can easily disconnect and then reconnect to enable it again, you dond have to restart anything wich is nice.

Hope i helped :D

Last edited by darkmvr,

LuismaSP89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I got it working by running the exploit then to homebrew launcher -> pygecko, loading up game (XCX pal disc). Seems some cheats like hight and boob size only take effect on the server or squad select screen, it does not work in game (when your playing). So far i have tested almost all cheats and they seem to be working very well except the Elma true form (i think it was called?) does not work, not ingame and not anywhere before that or reloading or entering another area. Exp levels and other leveling type cheats seem to be acticated upon killing something.

Also maxing out boob size seem to be limited by a certain amount (im guessing that was the Japanese limit) wich was to bad cause i wanned Lin with gigantic boobs or scare other players online with my main character :P

Reloading your save or exiting to title seem to disconnect the trainer but you can easily disconnect and then reconnect to enable it again, you dond have to restart anything wich is nice.

Hope i helped :D

Yes, it works with the disk, but not with loadiine gx2 0.3 in the 5.5.1, that's the problem :S

And yep, it seems you need to go to the party menu and exit to see the changes, but only with the physical changes, not with the miranium or credits.

Last edited by LuismaSP89,

Nevermore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

LuismaSP89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

So... there´s no chance to use it for all the users that have loadiine, or at least an offline save editor? :S

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Eat a Snickers!
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Almond Joys got nuts!
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Almond Joys got nuts!