Hacking testers needed for new XCXGecko version

MiMiCAX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
(Do not post here if you need help getting XCXGecko to run; read this thread instead)

I've added the ability in XCXGecko to change the offset, applied to all code addresses. This is meant to support people using different firmware / payload configurations, as the base memory addresses are different (urgh).

I'd like to get a few people to test this beta release of XCXGecko and make sure it works. I myself have confirmed that it still works with WiiU 5.3.2 + Loadiine (MiiMaker + pyGecko) + pyGecko (Loadiine 5.3.2) payload configuration. I'd welcome feedback from people with the following setups:
  • 5.5.x, disc/e-shop (to confirm default offset)
  • 5.3.2/5.4.0, OnionKnight's Loadiine v4 + pyGecko combined payload (I couldn't find this payload on new exploit index sites, so maybe it has been deprecated)
  • 5.5.x, Loadiine, US copy of XCX
  • 5.5.x, Loadiine, EU copy of XCX
  • 5.5.x, Loadiine, JP copy of XCX

Pedantic Tips:

• after opening GUI, toggle Offset dropdown in toolbar to match your setup, then connect to WiiU
  • start by reading your funds or miranium, and confirm correct values
  • don't trust the labels for the Offset dropdown entries. If you know the offset for your setup, enter it (in decimal), test to confirm a few working READ/POKEs, then reply here to let me know
  • if you change Offset, you should ideally re-cache item/gear slots (d'uh)

Last edited by MiMiCAX,
Reactions: MiZ J0K3R

TSSableye

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(Do not post here if you need help getting XCXGecko to run; read this thread instead)

I've added the ability in XCXGecko to change the offset, applied to all code addresses. This is meant to support people using different firmware / payload configurations, as the base memory addresses are different (urgh).

I'd like to get a few people to test this beta release of XCXGecko and make sure it works. I myself have confirmed that it still works with WiiU 5.3.2 + Loadiine (MiiMaker + pyGecko) + pyGecko (Loadiine 5.3.2) payload configuration. I'd welcome feedback from people with the following setups:

- 5.5.x, disc/e-shop (to confirm default offset)
- 5.3.2/5.4.0, OnionKnight's Loadiine v4 + pyGecko combined payload (I couldn't find this payload on new exploit index sites, so maybe it has been deprecated)
- 5.5.x, Loadiine, US copy of XCX
- 5.5.x, Loadiine, EU copy of XCX
- 5.5.x, Loadiine, JP copy of XCX

I have a disc of XCX with 5.5.1. I'll test this "Beta" version out for ya.

Last edited by TSSableye,

Monado_III

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have the eshop version on 5.5.1

edit: it doesn't seem to be getting the correct values, it says all my characters have 0 of everything (no name, 0 exp, 0 height etc) and that I have 999 of every type of gear (I don't). It also takes a long time to start. All this was done on linux

Last edited by Monado_III,

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'll test EU 5.5.1 loadiine asap
Ok, offset +0xD0000
Funds: works
Mirianium: works
blade lev xp: works
lvl/rank exp: works
Bp: works
ITEMS:
All section broken. [NOT IN DB] in all the fields.

Also, i get this when caching items

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "D:\userdata\user\Downloads\XCXGecko-1.5beta\xcxgui\ItemEntriesFrame.
py", line 180, in onBlockRead
self.onSlotRead(addr_start, raw_bytes)
py", line 226, in onSlotRead
self.updateUI()
py", line 141, in updateUI
(self.cur_addr_str, cur_val, type_val, self.type_val), 'red')
AttributeError: 'ItemEntriesFrame' object has no attribute 'cur_addr_str'
py", line 175, in onBlockRead
self.onCacheRead(addr_start, raw_bytes)
py", line 217, in onCacheRead
self.updateUI()

Last edited by 7456398521,

MiMiCAX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have the eshop version on 5.5.1

edit: it doesn't seem to be getting the correct values, it says all my characters have 0 of everything (no name, 0 exp, 0 height etc) and that I have 999 of every type of gear (I don't). It also takes a long time to start. All this was done on linux

It shouldn't matter which OS you are using. Also, don't trust the labels for the Offset dropdown options. Can you test if any of the other offsets work?

Slow loading is expected (blame PyQt sequential interpreter + many combo boxes with tons of entries in Gear Mod tab). I added a splash screen in the latest commit.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'll test EU 5.5.1 loadiine asap
Ok, offset +0xD0000
Funds: works
Mirianium: works
blade lev xp: works
lvl/rank exp: works
Bp: works
ITEMS:
All section broken. [NOT IN DB] in all the fields.

Also, i get this when caching items

py", line 180, in onBlockRead
self.onSlotRead(addr_start, raw_bytes)
py", line 226, in onSlotRead
self.updateUI()
py", line 175, in onBlockRead
self.onCacheRead(addr_start, raw_bytes)
py", line 217, in onCacheRead
self.updateUI()

Can you see if the item slots will cache properly with any of the other offsets?

Also, thanks for reporting the Python exception; I fixed it in the latest commit.

Monado_III

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It shouldn't matter which OS you are using. Also, don't trust the labels for the Offset dropdown options. Can you test if any of the other offsets work? Slow loading is expected (blame PyQt sequential interpreter + many combo boxes with tons of entries in Gear Mod tab). I added a splash screen in the latest commit.
All give similar incorrect values, I disconnected each time I tried a new offset then reconnected. I was able to connect before with the right offset just fine when it was an .exe not a .py file.

Last edited by Monado_III,

MiMiCAX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
All give similar incorrect values, I disconnected each time I tried a new offset then reconnected. I was able to connect before just fine when it was an .exe not a .py file.

Well that's quite unfortunate... Perhaps the whole game structure changed in 5.5.x? Are you using 1.0.1E or 1.0.1U, or a newer version?

Unfortunately we will need to manually confirm the code range for the gear on your setup. Unfortunately I don't plan to upgrade my 5.3.2 WiiU, so there's nothing I can do for now.

Also, I don't understand the other problem that you described... Are you saying that the connection between XCXGecko and WiiU times out after you change the offset? I've seen such timeouts before, but only after idling on XCXGecko for a while (I think pyGecko or the Wii U code handler closes the socket after some timeout). It shouldn't matter whether you are using the .exe package or the .py source.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ran build.bat and i got

-r build
rm: cannot lstat `build': No such file or directory

and when i type in python XCXGECKO.py i get this

File "XCXGecko.py", line 8, in <module>
from PyQt4.QtCore import Qt
ImportError: No module named PyQt4.QtCore

Last edited by Giodude,

Faendra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't know how to use this version, but anyway someone just test it for the eu version with loadiine ^^

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can you see if the item slots will cache properly with any of the other offsets?

Also, thanks for reporting the Python exception; I fixed it in the latest commit.
They do not cache properly.
My offset correctly reads amount of slots, but can't see what's inside, other offsets do not read anything at all.

Crude edit of the db files myself, done on pre-beta commit, made at least data probes work.

Plaguereign

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

• 5.5.x, disc/e-shop (to confirm default offset)
  • 5.3.2/5.4.0, OnionKnight's Loadiine v4 + pyGecko combined payload (I couldn't find this payload on new exploit index sites, so maybe it has been deprecated)
  • 5.5.x, Loadiine, US copy of XCX
  • 5.5.x, Loadiine, EU copy of XCX
  • 5.5.x, Loadiine, JP copy of XCX

Pedantic Tips:

• after opening GUI, toggle Offset dropdown in toolbar to match your setup, then connect to WiiU
  • start by reading your funds or miranium, and confirm correct values
  • don't trust the labels for the Offset dropdown entries. If you know the offset for your setup, enter it (in decimal), test to confirm a few working READ/POKEs, then reply here to let me know
  • if you change Offset, you should ideally re-cache item/gear slots (d'uh)
I will give it a shot to test for you. Just let me know how you want the buf report formatted. I beta test games professionally

D

Deleted User

-SNIP-
i type in python XCXGECKO.py i get this

File "XCXGecko.py", line 8, in <module>
from PyQt4.QtCore import Qt
ImportError: No module named PyQt4.QtCore

You need to install copies of PyQT and Py2EXE for your version of Python and Windows.
1.open a terminal and enter "python -v", you should see something along the lines of
Code:
Python 2.7.11 (v2.7.11:6d1b6a68f775, Dec  5 2015, 20:32:19) [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)] on win32
pop up, look for the parts in the same location as "v2.7.11:6d1b6a68f775" and "32 bit (Intel)"which in this case says Python 2.7 x32.

@MiMiCAX
Testing on 5.5.1 Loadiine, USA ver. w/ update v32 ripped by "FDDZ" on THAT website.
for some odd reason the EU/JP offset gets me the correct values, whereas the USA offset doesn't. It works but wasn't what I was expecting.
all options seem to work OK. Mirrium, Funds, all 5 Gear types, etc all seem to work perfectly.
Not being able to edit Items probably has something to do with where I am. (out dead in the center of noctulum, I'll be out of there to do more testing in a few minutes...)

Some safeties might be necessary, to prevent players from trying to make XX effects also +15, since that just outright breaks them, turning them into other effects.
Melee Accuracy Up XV +15 becomes Ranged Accuracy Up X, Weapon Attack Power Up XV +15 becomes Stabilizer X etc. because internally the game shifts the values after the fact. and for whatever reason the shift also changes the effects.

also, leveling via editing XP will break progression, only change your XP to 1 below the next step up!

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    StatusN @ StatusN: hi, i need help with unbanning my 3ds, can somebody show me a link to a seed that still works...