Tesla is working on Steam integration for Tesla Arcade

MX-Interior-Carousel-A-Desktop-LHD.jpg

One of Tesla's more unique features is its Tesla Arcade, which allows drivers to play video games on its center console, either through the pedals and steering wheels, a touchscreen or traditional controls. Many classic arcade games have been made available on the service, as well as some newer titles like Cuphead and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.

However, Elon Musk announced recently that specific games may no longer need to be ported to the Tesla anymore. In a short Tweet, responding to a video showcasing the Tesla's gaming capabilities, Musk said "We’re making progress with Steam integration. Demo probably next month."

As pointed out by PC Gamer, Tesla has a shareholders meeting in that timeframe, so it's possible the feature will be demoed there rather than a public trial.

Not much is known about the exact specs of the Tesla's internal computer, but Tesla itself claims on the page for the Model S that it features "up to 10 teraflops of processing power" for "in-car gaming on-par with today’s newest consoles."

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Yo dawg I heard you like driving so we put a driving game in your car so you can drive while you drive.

They have [...] the longest history and most experience with automated driving
Not exactly, they have the longest history of marketing automated driving but their actual performance is... debatable.

Also, here's a dramatic reenactment of their autopilot function in case of an emergency:

uSZ8Av3.gif

aoikurayami

dysfunctionally intimidating
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Don't drink.. game and drive kids...

Yo dawg I heard you like driving so we put a driving game in your car so you can drive while you drive.

Not exactly, they have the longest history of marketing automated driving but their actual performance is... debatable.

Also, here's a dramatic reenactment of their autopilot function in case of an emergency:

uSZ8Av3.gif
At least they didn't put spoilers onto our spoilers so we can duraivvu while Snape k... that beard guy

Shame about RoBoPi(lot)...
I wish Automated driving got more backing.
Would be so nice. Not to die in a car crash.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
People love to hate on this company mostly because it's successful, but it's almost always unfounded
I would say it's mostly because of Elon, and it's only increased since his political views became well known.

I'm not sure how the cars are these days, but i remember Clarkson slating them on Top Gear back in the day for having a cheap and nasty finish.

Reactions: DoctorBagPhD

AndorfRequissa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
people who buy tesla's imo are idiots. the whole concept of the electric car is ruined by patents and the corrupt companies making them.

be a good slave and go buy your temporary batteries and destroy the earth more

Reactions: HalfScoper

aoikurayami

dysfunctionally intimidating
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
People love to hate on this company mostly because it's successful, but it's almost always unfounded
Welp.
A friend of mine always disses Tesla cars and chews my ear of how their "build quality" is garbage yadayada.

I don't like, get, understand or care for cars....

Still. They might be badmouthing the "T" cause they can't afford it...

I like that Elong bought into twitter.

Gave me the final confidence to quit "filter bubble heaven"

Okay, since no one else asked this. Does this mean we can get Skyrim on our Tesla's now?
Probably already transcribed to our DNA via the vaxx.

That's right.
They have it everywhere now

IPhone users are why I can't buy a new phone with a battery life worth a damn anymore. And why modern phones are reaching unprecedented levels of anti-repair designs.

So yeah, eff Apple. All of Apple.
I hate how you can't sideload apple apps like you wish.

Rip "Payback" by apex designs *sob*

I miss Yuki Satellites :(

Going full circle with Horizon Chase Turbo, as you're driving the car while your little nephew plays the game B-)
Hey, still better than the other way around..

(Unless you are me and can't tell brake from gas... Don't ever let me near your car. ever.)

Last edited by aoikurayami,

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IPhone users are why I can't buy a new phone with a battery life worth a damn anymore. And why modern phones are reaching unprecedented levels of anti-repair designs.

So yeah, eff Apple. All of Apple.
You can hate Apple all you like. I’m not trying to shit on your opinion. I only bring this up because most other car manufacturers offer integrated CarPlay or droidplay(?). My 2018 Mazda 3 has CarPlay. Sure it was a $500 upgrade that the previous owner paid for, but still, it’s quite nice. Elon could easily make much more money offering CarPlay as an upgrade. He is missing an opportunity.

Vinnymac

Trophies
Website
nds-roms.com
XP
Country
United States
If anyone wants me to try this out when it gets released, I could share more details. I have had the Model 3 for five years, with FSD, so it has the upgraded hardware. I've never had any issues with my vehicle, despite all the hate. I am really excited to see so many other companies getting on the EV bandwagon after all these years though!

Also I have the Steam Deck, so I could do a side-by-side comparison of how they perform when the time comes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/BiY0vNuu1eg?si=0nwmSHWeLkfcJJ__