biggrin.gif
?
G R A T S!!!

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
1) turns out 3dstemp is indeed Hatsu, and he also posted walkthroughs/guides on the web... We banned him, of course. We are discussing what to do with the prize, thinking of maybe giving it to Rowan, since he was the first to finish the Hunt (and quickly too)

2) monkat: i know what you mean, but your assumption was baseless, new members can get prizes too. New doesn't necessarily mean bad/cheating. BUT you were right in this particular case, after what p1ngpong found out, so you do deserve an apology, which I now present before you!
bow.gif

3) @people complaining about the hyphen, a lot of people DID get it (they thought of putting a hypen after "tempmas" yes) so it's just a few of you. Sorry if you didn't think of it but that's also part of the challenge. Previous clues were changed multiple times, at some point you had to guess more difficult numbers and that was quite challenging too.

4) you can pm us about address changes but we will not reply, we'll just send one global PM to everyone when the prizes are sent.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Costello said:
1) turns out 3dstemp is indeed Hatsu, and he also posted walkthroughs/guides on the web... We banned him, of course. We are discussing what to do with the prize, thinking of maybe giving it to Rowan, since he was the first to finish the Hunt (and quickly too)

2) monkat: i know what you mean, but your assumption was baseless, new members can get prizes too. New doesn't necessarily mean bad/cheating. BUT you were right in this particular case, after what p1ngpong found out, so you do deserve an apology, which I now present before you!
bow.gif

3) @people complaining about the hyphen, a lot of people DID get it (they thought of putting a hypen after "tempmas" yes) so it's just a few of you. Sorry if you didn't think of it but that's also part of the challenge. Previous clues were changed multiple times, at some point you had to guess more difficult numbers and that was quite challenging too.

4) you can pm us about address changes but we will not reply, we'll just send one global PM to everyone when the prizes are sent.
About how many people entered Tempmas?

.Chris

Clueless
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Costello said:

bow.gif

ohmy.gif
HATSU?!?!

kiafazool

Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
shouldn't the r4i gold be redrawn
it would be fair to everyone

but i guess finishing first should get you something
i donno pick one - give to rowan or redraw

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Costello said:

bow.gif

I've still got a question about that. Why did it show "TEMPMAS" instead of "TM-HUNT"? That effectively made it impossible to get any further. Kind of unfair if you ask me(I'm not complaining. Or rather, I am, only because the wrong clue was there, which you couldn't do anything with.)

kiafazool

Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Evo.lve said:
Who the hell's Hatsu?

Grats Lolzed.
i dont know who he is
but i think its some guy who got banned last year and wanted to get revenge so he tried to ruin tempmas for everyone by posting walkthroughs and guides on pastebin and another website so people could cheat
he entered him self and won and people started questioning some guy with 0 posts named - 3dstemp
so costello said that he is legit but then later proved by p1ngp0ng that he is hatsu
so then costello is like
ohnoes.png

and then everyone was like
ohnoes.png
ohnoes.png
ohnoes.png
x2507 (lol)
and then costello is like come and get some
whip.gif

and then he became
p1ngp0ngsmiley.png

and banned him
and then people were like
hrth.gif

and then we are went back to
grog.gif

and all hatsu got was
p1ng.gif

and im guessing Infinite Zero is hatsu because he has the same avatar and hes 50% warned and he has the same user title and he has a signature relating to hatsu

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kiafazool said:
Evo.lve said:
Who the hell's Hatsu?

Grats Lolzed.
i dont know who he is
but i think its some guy who got banned last year and wanted to get revenge so he tried to ruin tempmas for everyone by posting walkthroughs and guides on pastebin and another website so people could cheat
he entered him self and won and people started questioning some guy with 0 posts named - 3dstemp
so costello said that he is legit but then later proved by p1ngp0ng that he is hatsu
so then costello is like
ohnoes.png

ohnoes.png
ohnoes.png
ohnoes.png

whip.gif

and then he became
p1ngp0ngsmiley.png

and im guessing Infinite Zero is hatsu because he has the same avatar and hes 50% warned and he has the same user title and he has a signature relating to hatsu
But Infinite Zero isn't as much of an asshat.

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
shinkukage09 said:
Costello said:

bow.gif

I've still got a question about that. Why did it show "TEMPMAS" instead of "TM-HUNT"? That effectively made it impossible to get any further. Kind of unfair if you ask me(I'm not complaining. Or rather, I am, only because the wrong clue was there, which you couldn't do anything with.)
No no, the clue was changed to "TEMPMAS" to avoid cheating. It was "TM-HUNT-" earlier. The thing is, they didn't say that there was supposed to be a hyphen with the new clue.

kiafazool

Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
_Chaz_ said:
kiafazool said:
Evo.lve said:
Who the hell's Hatsu?

Grats Lolzed.
i dont know who he is
so then costello is like
ohnoes.png

ohnoes.png
ohnoes.png
ohnoes.png

whip.gif

and then he became
p1ngp0ngsmiley.png

But Infinite Zero isn't as much of an asshat.
but he posted walkthroughs
angry.gif

oh and i update my above post - extended my story
rolleyes.gif

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
kiafazool said:

Please stop saying shit. She's not Hatsu. SHE. SHE. Please. You are really annoying me right now.

So that also means that RoboticBuddy is JPH since he has the same avatar?

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Salamantis said:
shinkukage09 said:
Costello said:

bow.gif

No no, the clue was changed to "TEMPMAS" to avoid cheating. It was "TM-HUNT-" earlier. The thing is, they didn't say that there was supposed to be a hyphen with the new clue.

Not that I'm annoyed about. It's that I TRIED TEMPMAS-111084. It never worked, just gave me the generic "no matches found" message.

luigirulze

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Feh. Looks like you win.
dry.gif

Congrats to lolzed (free 3DS...
bow.gif
) and everyone else who could figure out how the hell to enter!

oh, and a cookie to anyone who gets the reference in this post
ph34r.gif

Merry Tempmas All!

joybeba6679

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK lets see, the most people who actually finished it had the clue with hyphens and ready to search.. but then they changed it so people wouldn't cheat.... so in other words, they just ended the competition earlier with the 150+ that had already finished it? If you were going to change the clue why not give the same possibilities to find it that the first 150+ had. People who guessed it after the change must had been desperate to use a hyphen when it means to ignore that word...

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
It wasn't a wrong clue at all. The original clue there was "TM-HUNT-" which was later changed to "TEMPMAS" (to trap the cheaters I presume). So those who saw TM-HUNT- were supposed to search for TM-HUNT- followed by a number and those who saw TEMPMAS were supposed to search for TEMPMAS- followed by a number.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...