Team Xecuter reveal info on upcoming Switch modchip

SwitchTX.jpg

Just over a week ago, team Xecuter announced that they are working on a soon-to-be-revealed modchip for the Nintendo Switch. This was big news because modchip devices are usually used to circumvent anti-piracy measures on many digital platforms, but mainly gaming systems, and to see one already in the works for a machine that is only 10 months old is very rare.

Since then the team have been quiet, no one knows what the device will look like, how it will work, or when they can get their hands on one - but GBAtemp can exclusively reveal today that there will be BOTH a solder AND solderless option of team Xecuter's Nintendo Switch modchip.

Here is a direct quote from team Xecuter:

For now, I can tell you there is a solder and solderless version. We have quite a lot in the works, you will have more info soon.

The difference in pricing should be interesting in the two versions of the device, but at least you can now rest safely, knowing that the team will be providing options for whatever the Xecuter Switch modchip turns out to be.

Stay tuned to GBAtemp for more info in the upcoming weeks.

Attachments

• nintendo-switch.jpg
    nintendo-switch.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 179

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well TE again are too late bringing anything to the table other than the odd comment "we have future proof exploit" and some BS code running on a switch.

we are (if true) due to expect a user installable CFW, so no need to purchase a stupid board to take your tablet apart and fit to, a nice user install cfw will render TE DOA.
It comes out when it comes out...

Anyway what if TX will have better support than CFW, what if they are the only ones keeping emunand updated all the time on latest FW, what if their chip have dual nand boot and unbreaking options...

What if even the chip can unbrick those tons of dead Switches with bootloop problem?

I will try keeping with CFW, but if TX proves to better I will go with them. Anyway while someone finds a exploit and then do a CFW on their free time, TX has to do all of that + do a lot of hardware related research + design a chip, go with a factory on China to make them, they will eventually be copied, so they have to invest a lot of money on the process, that's what you pay for, would you even want a free chip?

On the custom FW you Invest your time and brain, but depending on the case no money or only a few is needed in case you brick the console.

Last edited by guily6669,
Reactions: Onibi

|<roni&g

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing it's going to be like $99. You can't make money selling a low volume device at $20. Wouldn't you want to charge what the market will bare anyways? If this thing lets you steal 50 games for $100, that's a really good deal. Spend $300 on a Switch, $200 on accessories, $300 on favorite legitimate games, $100 on chip, $100 on storage for the chip. That's $1000 for a Switch with access to the entire Switch library. That's a fair price. If you can't afford $1000 once every 5 years, you probably shouldn't be playing video games. The longer you wait for your CFW, the more legitimate games you end up buying. So you end up spending just as much money.

I don't yet own a switch, I would have bought one if the Mario kart wasn't the same as the WiiU version except for a few tweaks, which Is my primary use for Nintendo consoles.
I'm hating on nintendo due to all the ports and I love Nintendos history but ports of last generation games and wanting to charge for their online that has far less titles to play for (price isn't an issue) has really soured me.
But good points made on the price of the xecuter, I'd just prefer CFW as that's all I've ever used on PS3, 360, Psp, vita, WiiU etc mod chips have luckily not been necessary

Don Jon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing it's going to be like $99. You can't make money selling a low volume device at $20. Wouldn't you want to charge what the market will bare anyways? If this thing lets you steal 50 games for $100, that's a really good deal. Spend $300 on a Switch, $200 on accessories, $300 on favorite legitimate games, $100 on chip, $100 on storage for the chip. That's $1000 for a Switch with access to the entire Switch library. That's a fair price. If you can't afford $1000 once every 5 years, you probably shouldn't be playing video games. The longer you wait for your CFW, the more legitimate games you end up buying. So you end up spending just as much money.

it depends on their price they get from factory
the more they buy the cheaper it gets
and best for us.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But good points made on the price of the xecuter, I'd just prefer CFW as that's all I've ever used on PS3, 360, Psp, vita, WiiU etc mod chips have luckily not been necessary
What did you use on Xbox360? I have RGH chip in it.

FWH on the drive was a crap, I had it before RGH. Do you use King Kong exploit?

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You know what Triggers me?
Everytime someone bumps this thread, it appears on the main site as recent threads.
So I'm like : " WOAH LETS GO! NEWS FROM TX!!!"
Just to see that it's the same thread...
Yeah, that’s true. And by replying I’m committing the same sin lol
However, I’m pretty sure if/when TX does post anything new of value, someone would quickly spot it and make a new thread.

D

Deleted User

Sad that some people are still kissing ass to TX , just wait until Reswitched Releases an Modchip soon

andijames

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To be fair they've put themselves under pressure by stating a spring release. We're now in spring and haven't really heard a dicky bird about the implementation. I for one am certainly intrigued but will have to wait I guess to see what they come up with!

Reactions: Deleted User

Zulnoth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sad that some people are still kissing ass to TX , just wait until Reswitched Releases an Modchip soon
Sorry to argue semantics, but ReSwitched aren't releasing a mod chip. It's a soft(ware)mod, unless I've missed something major. This is a vast difference.

D

Deleted User

Sorry to argue semantics, but ReSwitched aren't releasing a mod chip. It's a soft(ware)mod, unless I've missed something major. This is a vast difference.

Yesterday the was saying they would Release an Modchip to Crash TXs Games

Soluble

Trophies
XP
Country
Yesterday the was saying they would Release an Modchip to Crash TXs Games
So they're gonna release a free mod chip eh? *Sarcasm*

I would also assume if reswitched announced a mod chip we would have at least 2 threads with the news?

Last edited by Soluble,

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. TX isn't required to give you updates. This is how they operated since a majority of you were in diapers still.

2. Reswitched isn't required to update you as well.

3. Don't like it? Learn how to do it yourself.

Coming here and complaining isn't going to help them or you get anything faster. Every scene is plagued with the same bs.

osm70

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
To be fair they've put themselves under pressure by stating a spring release. We're now in spring and haven't really heard a dicky bird about the implementation. I for one am certainly intrigued but will have to wait I guess to see what they come up with!

Dicky bird? That's not something I have heard before...

Onibi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
They are not going to release a mod chip to purchase, but hardware designs for a modchip. This is what Natehaxx is referring to:
cr60yFP.png

That does not say that anybody is releasing shit. All it does is holding TX and everybody else hostage to their will. That's all.
"If they don't do what I want, I am gonna hurt them" is simply blocking all of us from actually getting a hardware mod and being able to play with the device ourselves. Nowhere does it say that anybody will get anything if TX does not release a chip because of that threat (because they would not get back their investment).

Absolutely much more unethical than TX trying to make a bit of money with their sales. Just release the stuff or don't but don't hold everybody hostage in your power games. Down right faschistoid. Literally blackmail.

Now there may be a new development since then, but the above from the 09.03.18 does not say anything positive.

Last edited by Onibi,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Way to kill competition.
The more options we have, the better for the community. Not all people will have compatible devices on day 1 release of whatever CFW comes out first, so having a hardware mod available is always a good safe plan.

Reactions: peteruk
D

Deleted User

Couldn't have said it better myself. These power plays from some of the ReSwitched crew (ktemkin in particular) is downright despicable.

If their goal was responsible disclosure, this ktemkin wouldn't be uttering the discovery of a bootROM flaw in every. single. twitter. post and Discord chat every 5 minutes; Instead you'd communicate this with the relevant parties in private. This whole flaunting part just screams "GIVE ME ATTENTION AND I DONT WANT TO SHARE IT WITH ANYONE ELSE".

The fact TX will be bringing the 'unelite' regular people the power to run their own CFW should be cheered on. It's one more way to unlock your Switch to its fullest potential and the people can decide for themselves if they want it.

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong