Modded Switch OLED - Clarifications

Noonbaster3358

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I recently bought a Nintendo switch OLED version and I am looking to MOD it. I have found the right ship and have the skills for soldering but have some questions around post modding

1. Is there a guide that helps in installing the CFW? Does the chip and CFW work on unpatchable switch running 17.0.1?
2. can my Nintendo switch also boot the stock firm where when I want to play online mode and also boot CF W when I want to use modded capabilities?
3. Post installation is there anything else apart from already installed firmware on the chip and installing HeKate on the SD card?
4. I read somewhere that games like Pokémon Scarlet may not work on a modded device is that the case

I am a complete noob with Nintendo and there isn’t enough info answering my doubts about modding and hence these stupid questions. I have snooped and gone through many posts here and YouTube videos, but I am still feeling unsure.

Last edited by Noonbaster3358,

Noonbaster3358

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This should answer at least 95% of your questions, and is the usually recommended guide for newcomers. As far as I know, every games work on a modded Switch, without exceptions.
Thank you! I did spend some time reading it and still have the above questions unanswered. Does the CFW run on 17.0.1 Firmware? Can I boot OFW and CFW both based on my choice?

plus the guide talks about installation and does the same applies to Mariko devices as well when installing CFW

Last edited by Noonbaster3358,

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you! I did spend some time reading it and still have the above questions unanswered. Does the CFW run on 17.0.1 Firmware? Can I boot OFW and CFW both based on my choice?

plus the guide talks about installation and does the same applies to Marino as well when installing CFW
Yes, if you setup an emunand, which is highly recommended if you plan to use your Switch online, you would use sysnand for OFW, and emunand for CFW. Everything works on the latest Switch firmware. If, or rather when, Nintendo releases a new firmware, wait a bit before updating, and read about it on this forum. If anything relates particularly to Mariko Switches, it should be mentioned in the guide. Most everything works on any Switch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto