Team Xecuter Announces android app: SX Tools

Team-Xecuter is yet again, expanding their SX Family line-up!
SXTools.jpg

Now adding a FREE app for Android owners to easy launch their SX OS, check out all the official PR details below:

Another day, another update. This time it is a neat little app for Android users.

If you want an easy way to use SX OS and have trouble understanding how to select the payload, then SX Tools is for you. No need to download the SX loader payload and manually select it from the app.

Quick instructions:
  1. Install the apk to an OTG capable android phone.
  2. Connect the Switch to the phone.
  3. On the first use, the app will ask for permission to "use USB device" when the Switch is connected. Check the "Use by default..." and press "OK"
  4. SX OS will boot now.
That's it. You don't even need to open the app to use it. Just install it and connect the Switch. Even when the phone is locked, it will work.

--< Team-Xecuter - Rocking the Switch in 2018 and beyond! >--

To download the new SX TOOLS app, please check out the official SX Family portal: --> https://sx.xecuter.com

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

bundat

¿
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You don't even need to open the app to use it. Just install it and connect the Switch. Even when the phone is locked, it will work.
the app basically works like a plug in (like LG phones when you plug in an ear piece opens the music app) it's basically "if usb type c = switch then payload" easy xD

Anyone know how to undo/remove this once applied?

I just don't like it when apps make changes to system settings that I don't know how to remove.
Like for example, when an app defaults to handle a certain file type or custom URI/app link, I know how to remove it in settings (Clear Defaults).

crissal

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Anyone know how to undo/remove this once applied?

I just don't like it when apps make changes to system settings that I don't know how to remove.
Like for example, when an app defaults to handle a certain file type or custom URI/app link, I know how to remove it in settings (Clear Defaults).
It's not changing anything (at least NX Loader), it's just working in background; you just need to kill the app and plugging in your RCM Switch won't do anything

Reactions: bundat

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
So uh, hello. Just saw this today as I was out with friends last night. And whoa, did this escalated quickly.

Few notes:

1. I'm not affiliated with TX.
2. SXTools was forked from NXLoader.
3. It was originally named SXLoader but I fear it would be confusing for it to have the same name as the payload.
5. I've made SXLoader(SXTools) so that it's somewhat noob-friendly(ier?).
6. I moved the repo since I want to use the forked repo as my modified NXLoader repo, but with Hekate as default payload.
7. I just contacted TX via email and told them they can use the app however they want it.
8. I did not sold it to them, it's open-source.
9. Note #4 was skipped.

I hope this clears a few things up, now if you guys can excuse me, I still need my hangover sleep. Good afternoon and Eid Mubarak!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It's like with the Gateway on 3DS; they first made rom 3dsx playable, and then came cias file. After being the only choices for pirating games, the community began to use the exploit found to start building homebrews and cfws, and then Gateway had to steal (yeah, taking the same things of another guy but rebranding it is stealing) these homebrews.
Now, change the words Gateway, 3dsx and cia with TX, xci and nsp :)
The difference is that Gateway never actually stole anything until A9LH. Up until that point it was the homebrew community stealing from them. The first CFWs for 3DS only existed as a result of reverse engineering GW code.

HtheB

Trophies
Website
www.HtheB.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
7. I just contacted TX via email and told them they can use the app however they want it.
9. Note #4 was skipped.

I hope this clears a few things up, now if you guys can excuse me, I still need my hangover sleep. Good afternoon and Eid Mubarak!
Thanks for clearing things up.
Eid mubarak!

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
5 pages of people arguing about stealing and app??? what the hell?

So uh, hello. Just saw this today as I was out with friends last night. And whoa, did this escalated quickly.

Few notes:

3. It was originally named SXLoader but I fear it would be confusing for it to have the same name as the payload.
6. I moved the repo since I want to use the forked repo as my modified NXLoader repo, but with Hekate as default payload.
9. Note #4 was skipped.

and Eid Mubarak for you too :toot:

Absintu

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
when u guys download your backups or emulator roms, do u use to say: Hey, i'm gonna steal this game from the shop or from this site. ???
piracy envolves stealing, and i'm sure some of u that are acusing tx from stealing also download at least roms (with the old rom moral bs)

Reactions: veddermandan

Fred Molyneux

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Few notes:

9. Note #4 was skipped.

Now I wonder what all the guys who said TX 'stole' it will say? Glad it took him 7 pages of typical TX hate to finally show that this was all done properly!

borngborn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Worst part is their calling it an update its crazy i didnt know copy/paste was called updateing if thats the case i do updates all the time you know how many websites i updated

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited by borngborn,

whateverg1012

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now I'm really glad I didn't support these guys, pathethic. I've been using NXLoader for months, all they did was rename NXLoader to SXTools and claim it as their own, they're not even trying to hide it.

Last edited by whateverg1012,

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pretty sure they did this because they were being inundated with support request on how to use sxos without the dongle, since they offer it as a download. Not all people have a pc, and most people that do don't really understand how to use it.

Pointing everyone to this practically idiot proof app was the logical way to go.

borngborn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also they took it first got permission later and even if the dev said no you think they woulda been like oh okayy then yea right they woulda took it regardless thwir for he didnt have a choice anyway so it was just like a fuck it. He had to email them n be like yea u can use it they didnt email him and ask still scummy

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

whateverg1012

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
All TX are guilty of is taking other peoples "open source" and tweaking it to make it play nicer with their cfw and all in all make it better. The only thing they are charging money for is the xci loader, which the "scene" hasn't even been able to duplicate yet (scratches head), maybe because the "scene" isn't about piracy? (yea right lolz). Everything else is provided free of charge. Fuck the GPL damn dirty hippies, use a real license or none at all.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
All TX are guilty of is taking other peoples "open source" and tweaking it to make it play nicer with their cfw and all in all make it better. The only thing they are charging money for is the xci loader, which the "scene" hasn't even been able to duplicate yet (scratches head), maybe because the "scene" isn't about piracy? (yea right lolz). Everything else is provided free of charge. Fuck the GPL damn dirty hippies, use a real license or none at all.
It isn't even working better. Still not working on phones which don't support that particular usb driver.

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It isn't even working better. Still not working on phones which don't support that particular usb driver.
Works on all my phones, your phone manufacturer's lack of hardware support or providers locked down phone policies is in no way the fault of TX or the creator of app.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1