Team Rebug starts pre-orders for their SwitchMe internal modchip

NEWS UPDATE: July 22th - Team REBUG has started pre-orders for their Switch Dev Board! :)
final-render.jpg

Team REBUG has put on the final touches to their 'SwitchME' dev board for the Nintendo Switch console, they have added some 'breakout' solder pads for future expansion and other usages, but it still only needs 4 wires for normal installs on your Switch, and it allows full usage of all the various payloads from ReiNX to Atmosphere to SX OS. :)
evilsperm said:
Pricing Tiers:
  • 1 – $7.49
  • 2-9 – $7.29
  • 10-19 – $7.00
  • 20-49 – $6.79
  • 50+ – $6.00
Nintendo Switch Dev Board
  • Internal board to launch RCM payloads.
  • Cortex m0+ dev board
  • This is a pre-order, expect delivery in the very near future.
  • Board Dimensions 0.59 x 1.05 inch
You can use this to launch Custom Firmware’s for the Nintendo Switch.
  • Auto RCM Strapping – 5-6 wire install
  • Software Auto RCM – 4 wire install
  • Normal Mode – 4 wire install
  • Auto Payload injection after reboot – 5-6 wire install
If no Auto RCM strapping used you will either need to use a jig or solder pin 1-10 on the right joycon. We will have detailed write-ups soon under the Nintendo Switch section of the site. You can also use this as standalone development board (Like the Trinket m0)
The project is basically finished now, they have moved into the 'pre-order' phase with amazing affordable pricing starting at only $7.49 each, so check it out now:

:arrow: Official Site: Rebug
:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

Last edited by garyopa,

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Suicide method! Remember it well
These are no fun at all to install as it just plain old boring tiny soldering

I love and miss the modding days when we had to 'drill' into the wii drive chip to solder in 3 wires next to each other, or on the x360 where we had to drill in the board, not to mention all that black hard glue all over chips to make it hard to get to solder points.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The shipping shows some insane #'s until you put in your actual address in the calculator, or just go to checkout.
This has to do with the api from easyship and it's on their end, I have no idea why it defaults to those insane prices, but I can fully remove the shipping calculator all together and you'll see the shipping costs at the end. I have to say using easyship for shipping I haven't seen better pricing, even with my bulk accounts.
You can't even mail a small polly bag envelope here in the states for under $5

Edit: I just removed the calculator form the main cart to make life easy and not show some obscene price for shipping.

@Kukielka
I have never seen someone trying to hate so hard...
All were trying to do is bring something to market at a dirt cheap price.
Also something that we can be proud of and would want to stick in our $300+ consoles
I mean you really think we are making a fortune on this????
"hint" It's less than a few cents, as were not producing 10k + at a time and were not greedy scumbags.
If we were in it for the $ we would literally just pull a tx move and sell you simple easy to use piracy tool (only uncrackable)
Hello mate, are you still planning to have a European distributor once these things are on sale? Cheers.

ShadyGame

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
As a matter of fact I do ;)
If you leave connected to an always on power source such as the battery, outside of the dock and the switch powered off/sleep mode it will eat 3-5% battery life in 24 hours.
Now I haven't tested a switch unplugged from the dock in powered off/sleep mode for 24 hours so that just might be normal discharge rate. The MCU goes into a deep sleep when its not running the payload and barely sips power. You can check out the specs of the cortex m0+ at microchip.com or digikey.com

Now if you connect the chip to the dropout pin the MCU only becomes active at boot time and goes into a deep sleep.
advantages and disadvantages are this.

In always on mode with deep sleep, you can flash payloads to the MCU even when the switch is fully powered off.
In voltage dropout mode you can only flash the chip when booted up in normal mode.
Can you show me where is the dropout pin? i rather have it in voltage dropout mode...

Its my second time soldering something, only soldered once a wire xDD im about to fuck up my switch lmao

Last edited by ShadyGame,

metaljay

Trophies
XP
Country
Can you show me where is the dropout pin? i rather have it in voltage dropout mode...

Its my second time soldering something, only soldered once a wire xDD im about to fuck up my switch lmao
Trust me when I tell you, send it to someone. I have done many Xbox RGHs, I’ve done NAND mods on 3DS and none of them were as hard as the points on the switch. The capacitor point for the straps is insane, I’ve sent it off to someone on here to install/ repair (not sure if he is advertising so not naming him)

ShadyGame

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Trust me when I tell you, send it to someone. I have done many Xbox RGHs, I’ve done NAND mods on 3DS and none of them were as hard as the points on the switch. The capacitor point for the straps is insane, I’ve sent it off to someone on here to install/ repair (not sure if he is advertising so not naming him)
Yeh ill probably end up doing that....

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Lol I know him. No he definitely doesn't advertise. He wants as little soldering work as possible. He is an antisocial twat and he only did it because you were local and a decent chap! He throws rocks at people the rest of the time.

But as for more work? Nooooooooo. He retired ;)

metaljay

Trophies
XP
Country
Lol I know him. No he definitely doesn't advertise. He wants as little soldering work as possible. He is an antisocial twat and he only did it because you were local and a decent chap! He throws rocks at people the rest of the time.

But as for more work? Nooooooooo. He retired ;)
:rofl2::rofl2:

Pacote

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Have you ever drilled the Wii chip and solder directly to those points?

Cause I think this is the most difficult thing I ever soldered to and it was fine using a magnifying rig

garyopa

Admin @ MaxConsole
OP
Trophies
Website
www.O-P-A.biz
XP
Country
Canada
Last edited by Quantumcat,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.