8BitDo announces Pro 2 controller; available to pre-order

8bitdo pro 2.jpg

Gaming peripheral manufacturer 8BitDo has announced a new product in its controller catalogue: the 8BitDo Pro 2. Compatible with the Nintendo Switch, Windows PC, macOS, Android and Raspberry Pi, this new controller can store 3 custom profiles on-board which can be changed on-the-fly with a dedicated button. There is also a new 4-way Mode Switch button that lets you instantly switch between multiple platforms. There are also two customizable back buttons and a companion app, the Ultimate Software, available on Windows, Android and iOS to make the most out of this device.

2.jpg 1.jpg

The 8BitDo Pro 2 is available in 3 different colors and is up for pre order on Amazon for $49.99 where more details are also available.

:arrow: SOURCE

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, buttons on the inner thigh of the grips is all that's added, from the looks of it?

Sure, the controller profile thing is neat, I guess, but unless I'm using the Steam Controller or trying to use something like the Flick Stick and some crazy configuration of buttons, I don't see much of an appeal?

I'd rather see a better build quality, as the Pro+s I have's bottom shoulder buttons can be a bit squeaky like Jerry!

samcambolt270

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How are 8bitdo's dpads generally?
There are alot of conflicting reports, honestly.
They are quite good, considering the price
On one hand, there are lots of people just like this guy who didn't have a problem with them them, so you might love them too, but you'll want to handle one first. My personal experience is that the diagonals are waaaay too easy to press accidentally. It's fine for most games, but if you're playing something sensitive to diagonals, it might be something to think about

Reactions: hippy dave

Ibcap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On one hand, there are lots of people just like this guy who didn't have a problem with them them, so you might love them too, but you'll want to handle one first. My personal experience is that the diagonals are waaaay too easy to press accidentally. It's fine for most games, but if you're playing something sensitive to diagonals, it might be something to think about
Coming from a switch pro to 8bitdo controllers, diagonals are significantly harder to press on the 8bitdos than on nintendos controller. Ive used an sf30pro and sn30pro+ and that was true of both. Theyre much much better for dpad games that need precision imo. The number of times i died in celeste due to what you described because of the switch pro dpad was way too many.

Reactions: hippy dave

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: EXACTLY WHY I'M ON ZOLOFT FOR ! :angry: