Team Rebug starts pre-orders for their SwitchMe internal modchip

NEWS UPDATE: July 22th - Team REBUG has started pre-orders for their Switch Dev Board! :)
final-render.jpg

Team REBUG has put on the final touches to their 'SwitchME' dev board for the Nintendo Switch console, they have added some 'breakout' solder pads for future expansion and other usages, but it still only needs 4 wires for normal installs on your Switch, and it allows full usage of all the various payloads from ReiNX to Atmosphere to SX OS. :)
evilsperm said:
Pricing Tiers:
  • 1 – $7.49
  • 2-9 – $7.29
  • 10-19 – $7.00
  • 20-49 – $6.79
  • 50+ – $6.00
Nintendo Switch Dev Board
  • Internal board to launch RCM payloads.
  • Cortex m0+ dev board
  • This is a pre-order, expect delivery in the very near future.
  • Board Dimensions 0.59 x 1.05 inch
You can use this to launch Custom Firmware’s for the Nintendo Switch.
  • Auto RCM Strapping – 5-6 wire install
  • Software Auto RCM – 4 wire install
  • Normal Mode – 4 wire install
  • Auto Payload injection after reboot – 5-6 wire install
If no Auto RCM strapping used you will either need to use a jig or solder pin 1-10 on the right joycon. We will have detailed write-ups soon under the Nintendo Switch section of the site. You can also use this as standalone development board (Like the Trinket m0)
The project is basically finished now, they have moved into the 'pre-order' phase with amazing affordable pricing starting at only $7.49 each, so check it out now:

:arrow: Official Site: Rebug
:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

Last edited by garyopa,

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am so tired of needing to carry the SX dongle, this looks legit and great price!

how tough is the soldering? i'm decent but not the best iron worker.

evilsperm

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
rebug.me
XP
Country
United States
i am so tired of needing to carry the SX dongle, this looks legit and great price!

how tough is the soldering? i'm decent but not the best iron worker.
Yeah being tethered truly sucks ;)
I find it very easy to solder but I have been soldering for 30 years so theres that :P
It is pretty easy though as the pads you solder to are pretty big.
The 4 wire install is the easiest, the 5/6 wire I would highly recommend soldering the rcm strap and the dropout on the bottom of the motherboard, more work to get to but at least pretty much anyone can do it.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
I couldn't resist the temptation @evilsperm, I bought an external dongle before I ordered the SwitchMe and the other day I desoldered all of the usb parts from it and wired it in internally! I have all of the wires ready for a 4 wire install, so I can take them off and attach them to the SwitchMe when it arrives, but it's taking so long!!

fadx

Filthy Cheater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@evilsperm Do you have any ETAs? Like when are you expecting to have the chips in the US and then how long after that are you expecting the product to reach Europe? Looking forward to receiving mine!

evilsperm

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
rebug.me
XP
Country
United States
@evilsperm Do you have any ETAs? Like when are you expecting to have the chips in the US and then how long after that are you expecting the product to reach Europe? Looking forward to receiving mine!

They are setting up the shipping to us today, should only be 5-6 days before they arrive here.
As soon as they get here we will be repacking them and shipping them out the same day.
It will still take us a few days to fill all orders as there are insane amount to pack and ship.
Shipping time depends on what you selected at time of purchase, but if I can find a carrier that is faster than what you have chosen and its around the same price of what you paid for shipping we will wind up doing that.

Also in the future they wont take nearly as long to have them produced & shipped, as we are in the works to start another run while were finishing everything for the dongle.
The delay on this run was because of Trumps, China trade wars and the only place you can get the MCU is from the USA. We have a way around that for future orders ;)

Last edited by evilsperm,
Reactions: hippy dave

fadx

Filthy Cheater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is this going to work with firmware 6.0 ??
It enters RCM and sends payloads just like any other method, whatever happens with all other current methods of sending payloads will be the same as with this modchip and until 6.0 drops we don't currently know what the compatibility is looking like.

Reactions: matias3ds

fadx

Filthy Cheater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Has anybody even bothered to notice that they basically ripped off a Trinket M0?
Same layout.

I'll stick to the Trinket.

Here y'all go:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/interna...ybitsy-m0-express-guide-files-support.508068/
Wait, you're telling me this isn't the first development board using the SAMD21? WOW first I'm hearing of that.
By your logic, Adafruit ripped off every development board using the SAMD21 before the Trinket was released. A development board is not something exclusive to Adafruit and they're not the first to make them. Also the layout is not even close to being the same.

garyopa

Admin @ MaxConsole
OP
Trophies
Website
www.O-P-A.biz
XP
Country
Canada
How do you want to build a dev. board -- not like you can move around the power/caps/pins on the main MCU, so of course there going to be similar layouts between different dev. boards that use the same MCU.

evilsperm

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
rebug.me
XP
Country
United States
Wait, you're telling me this isn't the first development board using the SAMD21? WOW first I'm hearing of that.
By your logic, Adafruit ripped off every development board using the SAMD21 before the Trinket was released. A development board is not something exclusive to Adafruit and they're not the first to make them. Also the layout is not even close to being the same.
we can also handle 5v unlike the trinket

efxonly123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.