Taik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
LOLOLOLOL super cool !

So when is the patch out ? Can you do it for next week plz ?

Fake but still : thanks a bunch for all this hard work you are going to do for us ^^

pitman

Addicted to Magical Girls
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Take as much as it takes to gives us a product that you are satisfied and happy with.
Does ToH feature a lot of cutscenes (probably yes since there are two versions)
and does it have multi-player ?

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Taik said:
LOLOLOLOL super cool !

Fake but still : thanks a bunch for all this hard work you are going to do for us ^^

Learn to read

QUOTE(neoxephon @ Jul 22 2009, 11:40 AM) @linkenski: By the time we release the patch, it'll be 100% English (besides the voice acting, of course). We plan on doing something similar to how Absolute Zero has done the ToI translation. This means there will be no patch until everything is 100% complete.

Give them a couple of months. Possibly a year.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Rock Raiyu said:
Taik said:
LOLOLOLOL super cool !

Learn to read

QUOTE(neoxephon @ Jul 22 2009, 11:40 AM) @linkenski: By the time we release the patch, it'll be 100% English (besides the voice acting, of course). We plan on doing something similar to how Absolute Zero has done the ToI translation. This means there will be no patch until everything is 100% complete.

Learn to see he was joking.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Law said:
Rock Raiyu said:
Taik said:
LOLOLOLOL super cool !

Learn to read

Learn to see he was joking.
Sorry. Misinterpreted. I didn't understand what he meant by "Fake but still". He could've just said "Just kidding".

neoxephon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good news!

We may have someone willing to write us a custom unpacker/packer for the numerous .dat files that ToH utilizes.

This is very important, since most if not all of the script is in a .dat file as well as numerous other parts of the game.

I will be updating our programmers list soon, once I confirm for sure that he is willing.

Once we get this, we will be able to access the Script and look for the file format, so that DarthNemesis can make a script dumper/inserter for the game.

Meanwhile, I am finishing up the menu.

Does anyone have a .sav with all the menus and most everything unlocked that would appear in the menus? This would be the fastest way for me to be able to test the menu as I translate.

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
It's great to hear you've formed a team to work on a translation patch for this game. I hope this gets completed.

Good luck with the project, guys.
happy.gif

idlehands

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is awesome! At first I was hoping the absolutezero team would work on ToH eventually, but understandably they denied it on their blog (it's too bad, but they've worked so hard on ToI already we couldn't ask any more of them).

I hope you guys will pull thru for us hungry fans! I wish I could translate or hack but alas I lack both skills... I wish you guys the best of luck and please, don't mind those whiners.

neoxephon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LegendarySkitch said:
Great news, I'm waiting until they have a translator before I get happy though...

We may have GreenFire1 from GameFAQs. He has written the only walkthrough for the game on GameFAQs and also made a thread with a lot of the ToH dialogue translated. I just have to confirm it with him before he is added to the OP.

Raikiri

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
*sighs* i wish i finished my japanese course so i could help you guys, a shame i didnt
frown.gif

oh well.. good luck to guys! hope you can complete it!
biggrin.gif

looking forward to it!
*huge tales fan*

Goofy Time

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh ho, it's very nice to see this project get started.

I hope it doesn't go the way of Tales of the Tempest and just stops. D:

miss_DSlite

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Goofy Time said:

u know i was waiting for tempest to be translated even if people consider it crappy is still a tales game
tongue.gif

neoxephon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Goofy Time said:

I've looked at the files for Tales of the Tempest before. Everything is set up in a way that makes it highly frustrating to hack. I can kind of understand why they quit, especially since it seemed like it was the very first ROM any of them had worked on.

Thankfully, Tales of Hearts is set up way better for hacking, with just the occasional hiccups.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2: