Failed to get CIA file info!

Rodimus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay as a last resort I decided to update via cart to 9.9U via my Pokemon SMD cart, it worked. I also tried to load my copy of Link between worlds and that also prompted me to update, but to 6.6? if i remember correctly. I chose to use Pokemon SMD to still have access to ironfall since I heard that game will not load under 9.5 if updating via cart worked.

After updating to 9.9 I was able to access the system settings. I updated to 10.3 and I loaded the eshop to see if I was indeed on 10.3, I am. And can now access the system settings.

Could what happened to me be possibly used to find an easier downgrade exploit? I was able to go from 10.3 to a semi-broken 10.3 and get to 9.9. via cart.
I wonder if I chose to update with the link between worlds cart, would I be on 6.6?(whatever update link between worlds had) now.

It would be awesome if this could lead to a downgrade method/exploit via cart.

Thanks to those who were trying to help me.
I had my buttcheeks clenched the entire time.

Last edited by Rodimus,

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay as a last resort I decided to update via cart to 9.9U via my Pokemon SMD cart, it worked. I also tried to load my copy of Link between worlds and that also prompted me to update, but to 6.6? if i remember correctly. I chose to use Pokemon SMD to still have access to ironfall since I heard that game will not load under 9.5 if updating via cart worked.

After updating to 9.9 I was able to access the system settings. I updated to 10.3 and I loaded the eshop to see if I was indeed on 10.3, I am. And can now access the system settings.

Could what happened to me be possibly used to find an easier downgrade exploit? I was able to go from 10.3 to a semi-broken 10.3 and get to 9.9. via cart.
I wonder if I chose to update with the link between worlds cart, would I be on 6.6?(whatever update link between worlds had) now.

It would be awesome if this could lead to a downgrade method/exploit via cart.
Try running the recovery menu don't use carts anymore. If it does not update I guess you can try downgrading again.

Rodimus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try running the recovery menu don't use carts anymore. If it does not update I guess you can try downgrading again.
I'm back to 10.3 with a working system settings, I can also access the eshop without being asked to update. System settings says Im on 10.3.0-28U

Loading up recovery mode and tried to update. It says Im up to date. I wasnt even able to access recovery mode when I was on that broken 10.3.

Last edited by Rodimus,

Townsperson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm back to 10.3 with a working system settings, I can also access the eshop without being asked to update. System settings says Im on 10.3.0-28U

Loading up recovery mode and tried to update. It says Im up to date. I wasnt even able to access recovery mode when I was on that broken 10.3.

If you try downgrading again, make sure you're using julian20's Sysupdater. What happened to you was weird...

Rodimus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you try downgrading again, make sure you're using julian20's Sysupdater. What happened to you was weird...
After this ordeal, Im probably gonna stay away from downgrading for a while or until there is a 100% safe method.
It wouldnt have been a big loss. Since I have a new3ds with all my eshop purchases and everything.

Townsperson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After this ordeal, Im probably gonna stay away from downgrading for a while or until there is a 100% safe method.
It wouldnt have been a big loss. Since I have a new3ds with all my eshop purchases and everything.

There will never be a "100% safe method" for anything involving system files in this way. KTM will be marginally safer because it removes user error, and further development on memchunkhax2 will probably make things more stable, but downgrading will always run the risk of breaking things.

The big problem with waiting (If you really want CFW, etc) is that once 10.4 drops, you have one shot at a functioning downgrade. If you soft brick, you're out of luck until yet another kernel exploit is found.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remember dont update past 10.3.0-28 and keep checking for a stable downgrader.

Rodimus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There will never be a "100% safe method" for anything involving system files in this way. KTM will be marginally safer because it removes user error, and further development on memchunkhax2 will probably make things more stable, but downgrading will always run the risk of breaking things.

The big problem with waiting (If you really want CFW, etc) is that once 10.4 drops, you have one shot at a functioning downgrade. If you soft brick, you're out of luck until yet another kernel exploit is found.
I guess you're right. I'll be sure to be extra careful if I decide I want to downgrade again in the coming days or future.

Remember dont update past 10.3.0-28 and keep checking for a stable downgrader.
The wifi switch on this o3ds is staying off and I will be looking around to see if there is any more progress on downgrading stability.

Thanks to everyone that posted in this thread for being friendly and helping.

Last edited by Rodimus,

tomazzzi

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I have exactly the same problem on one of my o3ds.
I successfully downgraded another one so i m sure about my files but this one refuse to downgrade.

Any idea ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Normal sandwich bread is actually pretty good for sausage depends on length of course