3DS won't boot to the home menu after updating Luma 3DS.

ThiagoVsky

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
..or it didn't transfer correctly the first time. You can copy the latest boot.firm (v.12) and try again, it'll work this time.
I'm Having the exact same issue when I tried to uptade to v12.0.1. Tranfered it into the SD card via FTP, when I tried to reboot it it just didn't turn back on.

First I thought it might have happened an error during transference; Then I transfered both files from my android tablet (since I have no access to an Micro SD to SD adaptor at the moment) and the Issues continues; no sign of life when i press the power button on my New 3DS XL. I'm now trying to downgrade to v12.0.0 (still more recent than the version that was installed at the beginning) and if it does not work I will donwgrade more.
Post automatically merged:

I'm Having the exact same issue when I tried to uptade to v12.0.1. Tranfered it into the SD card via FTP, when I tried to reboot it it just didn't turn back on.

First I thought it might have happened an error during transference; Then I transfered both files from my android tablet (since I have no access to an Micro SD to SD adaptor at the moment) and the Issues continues; no sign of life when i press the power button on my New 3DS XL. I'm now trying to downgrade to v12.0.0 (still more recent than the version that was installed at the beginning) and if it does not work I will donwgrade more.
update:

I tried with v12.0.0 and my 3DS blinked a blue light when I tried to turn it on. It was already different, so I googled and found out it was a signal of a failure of loading the bootloader. I ended up going back to version 11.0.0, the version I was using before. I'll try to remember to always back these files up.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There is really no reason an earlier version of Luma should somehow work differently in situations like this. If an older version somehow works, it's probably just a coincidence – for instance, because there was an error copying the new version to the card, but not when copying the old version.

Reactions: Tokiwa and CoolMe

Leothebardo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh btw, i have an update. Yesterday, i tried installing an older version of luma 3ds (11.0) and that worked perfectly. It might've been an issue with the newer version. just thought id mention that. thanks for the help :)
I had a very similar problem like yours, and I tried what you did, it worked!

v3688e

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Today I tried with newest version of luma 3ds (13.0.2), same error: Failed to mount SD. :O

So, I decided to re-format the 32GB microSD, after copied out all files.

Once formatted, I first copied the luma 3ds (13.0.2) boot.3dsx & boot.firm, then only I copied back all the files. Now, it boots normally. :D

Before the re-format, the microSD still got 4.40GB space left... Suspect that boot.3dsx & boot.firm placed at the end of microSD cause the error?! :huh:

paprika89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, so It wold appear that I find myself in this post again :D I'm trying to see if I could get Pretendo Network working on my 3DS, and now it continues to spit out the error of "Failed to mount SD" I believe this happens to do with Luma3DS it self, because the version I have been using prior worked perfectly. Has anyone figured out how to get this working?
Post automatically merged:

Also, if I have to copy my files off the SD card, and format the SD card, will everything still work, because I don't want the existing games and titles to just suddenly break. I don't know if this can happen, which is why I want to make sure.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Also, if I have to copy my files off the SD card, and format the SD card, will everything still work, because I don't want the existing games and titles to just suddenly break. I don't know if this can happen, which is why I want to make sure.
There is nothing magical about the SD card. Files are files. Provided the SD card is intact you can copy them to an entirely different SD card if you wanted to.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [goes back to 🛌 ] zzzzzzzzzzzzzz +1