Hacking Sys/EmuNand linking technical background

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no second folder ... only one folder in the "Nintendo 3DS" folder :D

Ah, well I'm not sure why your CIA's are showing up in your sysNAND, but that is defnitley something you want to avoid. Either don't EVER go into Data Management in System Settings, or unlink to fix the issue. The reason you don't have the present bug like others (myself included) is because your CIA's are showing up in your sysNAND. If you install a buggy or virus exploited CIA, kiss your sysNAND and emuNAND goodbye which is why I recommend you unlink given your issue.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Ah, well I'm not sure why your CIA's are showing up in your sysNAND, but that is defnitley something you want to avoid. Either don't EVER go into Data Management in System Settings, or unlink to fix the issue. The reason you don't have the present bug like others (myself included) is because your CIA's are showing up in your sysNAND. If you install a buggy or virus exploited CIA, kiss your sysNAND and emuNAND goodbye which is why I recommend you unlink given your issue.
Um, if you install a bad CIA you can just delete it from the SD card (but most likely it will just show up with a blank icon or not show up at all). The 3DS isn't a Wii.
On my 4.3 3DS, CIAs showed up in sysNAND and I didn't have the gift wrap problem. On my 9.2 3DS though, they don't show up in sysNAND and I do have the gift wrap problem (plus it keeps rearranging the icons)

gudenau

Largely ignored
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
Um, if you install a bad CIA you can just delete it from the SD card (but most likely it will just show up with a blank icon or not show up at all). The 3DS isn't a Wii.
On my 4.3 3DS, CIAs showed up in sysNAND and I didn't have the gift wrap problem. On my 9.2 3DS though, they don't show up in sysNAND and I do have the gift wrap problem (plus it keeps rearranging the icons)

Pull the SD card when on the Sysmenu at insert when you get the the browser?

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If the bad CIA causes corruption then you're kind of screwed. I did have the gift wrap problem on a 9.2 system and unlinking resolved the problem. It was really annoying considering I had a bnch of installs, and put them in folders - Then on reboot they'd be removed, rearranged and re-wrapped. I just wouldn't want to take any chances if I saw a CIA installed on sysNAND.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
If the bad CIA causes corruption then you're kind of screwed. I did have the gift wrap problem on a 9.2 system and unlinking resolved the problem. It was really annoying considering I had a bnch of installs, and put them in folders - Then on reboot they'd be removed, rearranged and re-wrapped. I just wouldn't want to take any chances if I saw a CIA installed on sysNAND.
I don't see how it could cause corruption on both the sysNAND and emuNAND, you'd have to be able to launch it on both for that to happen.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It says I need an inet connection, I think it wants to update. .-.
Yes it needs an Internet connection to verify that your NNID is not banned and that you are eligible for a system format. It will not update the sysnand. No just formatted my sysnand a few days ago becuase I let it sleep in sysnand and I pushed an update file. You are not the first one to be highly suspicious and that is a good thing. You aren't likely to do something stupid.

Trust but verify. Search around the forum here for posts that will corroborate my advise.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: as to you