SX Pro Dongle Defective - NO LED - DOA 1st batch from MCD

Welfare

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I pre-ordered the SX Pro from MCD and was in the 1st batch order. It was delivered 06/30 dead on arrival with no LED indicator. Does not send payload when trying to operate as instructed. When connect to a PC via USB it is detected after 15 second or so, gets very warm or even hot, then disconnect after about 3 minutes tops.

ModChipsDirect replied to my email claiming no responsibility and instructed to contact TX directly. Still awaiting that response.

I have seen other threads about defective units but none that had no LED indication. This one seems to be shot.

D

Deleted-401606

People were warned not to buy from modchipdirect from atleast 10 different users over the past months. Absolutely ridiculous that they are doing this.

Skylinedeadline

Shitposter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People were warned not to buy from modchipdirect from atleast 10 different users over the past months. Absolutely ridiculous that they are doing this.
I haven't bought a pro yet but I thought modchipdirect was supposed to be a trusted site or something like that? Are they known to be shady or iffy?

Zonark

Zonark - Noun - A God
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought mine was bad at first too but I plugged it in to switch made sure switch was off then turned it on regularly led finally came on and I was good to go

themyst

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got mine from this vendor and aside from stickers not being affixed to the dongle and jig, it worked just fine.

Patxinco

Riding a Shooting Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I remember when people were telling me that it wouldn't be defective units in the first batch and that i was somehow crazy for waiting another batch with no ETA...

Hope OP gets good news soon!!!

nesadi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
how is a hardware flaw the fault of the shipper? i understand if something was smashed or lit on fire, but these seems to be factory defects.

You're kidding, right? You must be American if you think it's okay for the retailer to fuck over their customers when the product *they* sold them turn out to be defective. In countries that have actual consumer protection laws, retailers are obligated to refund or replace any defective product that they sell, regardless of whether they're the actual manufacturer.

spkuja

Trophies
Website
www.glaciergaming.co.uk
XP
Country
I pre-ordered the SX Pro from MCD and was in the 1st batch order. It was delivered 06/30 dead on arrival with no LED indicator. Does not send payload when trying to operate as instructed. When connect to a PC via USB it is detected after 15 second or so, gets very warm or even hot, then disconnect after about 3 minutes tops.

ModChipsDirect replied to my email claiming no responsibility and instructed to contact TX directly. Still awaiting that response.

I have seen other threads about defective units but none that had no LED indication. This one seems to be shot.

Are you sure it has charge and are you putting it in the correct way? Mine had no chare at all when I got it, so I plugged it into my phone (which can reverse charge) - you should hear the dongle making a high pitched noise. After a few seconds it worked fine

Welfare

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how is a hardware flaw the fault of the shipper? i understand if something was smashed or lit on fire, but these seems to be factory defects.
Well based off the type or retail agreement TX made with everybody... The retailer is the only one shipping and sitting on inventory. So they would be the one to replace the unit and eat the cost I'm assuming.

magico29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you very much,its a lot MCD followers in here,as soon as you report something they let them know. they are full of shit MOD its the number one trash site to buy anything.

Spoderman80s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are you sure it has charge and are you putting it in the correct way? Mine had no chare at all when I got it, so I plugged it into my phone (which can reverse charge) - you should hear the dongle making a high pitched noise. After a few seconds it worked fine
The same thing happened to me, I was wondering what did that noise O_O because of you I know why lol

Reactions: spkuja

Welfare

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It does make the high pitch noise everybody talks about but the key point is there was no LED indicator at any time since I received it. I successfully sent the payload via USB from my PC but obviously then don't have the hardware license.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste