Hacking Sword Art Online: Infinity Moment [PSP]

ak0ztik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ppsspp can dump decrypted eboot.bin just enable it in tool>developer tool>
for psp, i think iso tool has also that function

I'll upload soon the ofs3 extractor for sys file extraction. But I need put a restriction on it, because it's only for 2types of ofs3, there are actually many type of ofs3 file.
current translation status:
Finally finished editing sys>_0005>0001 (log messages)
i also found my previous translated for sys>_0004>0002 (char names)

Last edited by ak0ztik,

Kazuto-ZA-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now the game works with a decrypted INSTALL.DAT on real hardware, all you have to do is use a hex editor.

this needs to be patched
.text:00016B10 C9 31 01 0C jal sub_4C724
to
.text:00016B10 CE 31 01 0C jal sub_4C738

so,
- open EBOOT.BIN (decrypted) with a hex editor,
- goto 0x16BD0,
- change C9 31 01 0C into CE 31 01 0C

and that's it, the game now loads a decrypted INSTALL.DAT from iso, I just made a quick test on my PSP. Might send screens later

Kazuto-ZA-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a low fps problem on my computer , but it worked. About the alternative to UMDgen.. I tried to find one but without any result. Seems like this game is different from other ones , maybe I can help in finding other translators or programmers to help you?

Reactions: nasiiN

Kazuto-ZA-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright , I am asking some people who are fluent in japanese.. maybe I'll try on every social media , I hope that it will be effective

Kitsu-neechan

Coffee makes your kokoro go doki doki
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
i've tried to solve the umdgen issue a few times for my own dirty needs but so far nada, there simply are not CLI alternatives capable of putting the damn thing together.

now, i can and mostly did already reverse the header data of the psp iso but im no programmer so cant do much with that.
i suppose someone with more experience on that area could make a cli isobuilder outta that once i get arsed to finalize the spec for the disk images.
(i did the same for the psp DVD format that development kits use, it's hardly rocket science at the end of the day.)

the problem with iso building is that since umdgen exists and has existed since the dawn of time now, no one really cares enough to do an alternative.

just a hint though, if you want to see what and how it does, just pop it open in IDA :P

Kitsu-neechan

Coffee makes your kokoro go doki doki
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
well, that or then like i did and simply do raw analysis on game isos until you understand it, it's easy to trial and error shit since you can change your shit and rebuild infinite variations with umdgen.
like i said, i have most of it down but i simply lack the time and interest to finish that as for now. It is on my to-do list though.

Reactions: nasiiN

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...