Hacking Sword Art Online: Infinity Moment [PSP]

ak0ztik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Let's make one, if I could get the current partial translation files I'd gladly continue where they left and make a patch for public use. There shouldn't be much left to translate anyway and using the engrish translation (the one everyone says is shit) as reference it should be easy to complete. Right now I'm stuck on 500MB/day capped internet and the ISO is 700+ MB so I cannot get my hands on it (if only there was a torrent instead of just the MEGA download...) so If anyone got both the english and japanese ISO, I can explain how to decrypt it and make the xdelta patch.
Guys you should not talk about downloading iso here it's against the rule, that's piracy.
i'll try to upload the python script i've made back then for extract/repack script files.
there you go, it's not complete, like the fileopen you need to manually change file directory, or just add a script for that.
ps. i can't remember if it also works for tutorial and sub stories, i think it's different.
for ofs3, my files are hell kinda mess, can't remember which is which.
As i remember i think there's 4 kinds of extraction of ofs3 in sys file. anyway only names and some others are only editable there, you'll run into trouble like limited window box, encoding problems and more for description, etc.

Attachments

• Script_extract_repack.zip
    2.7 KB · Views: 176
Last edited by ak0ztik,

ak0ztik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
you gonna have to use pc if you want to edit things.
btw, I used cri file system tools to extract/repack install.dat. i didn't used quickbms because in its manual it says you can't increase file size.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Guys the game has officially been released in english here in the west for a few years now. Infinity moment isn't a good game (hollow fragment, the added stuff on the vita and playstation stuff is though).
Accept that this fantranslation will most likely never be finished and just go buy a cheap vita.
You can even enjoy the 2 sequels then.

E: hollow realization, the last game is pretty good & fun to play.
Fairly certain Lost Song is not a sequel, even though it features characters introduced in the previous game.

ak0ztik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I finally managed to get the eng-patched CPK today, I tried to make a patch but it was useless, it turned out to be over 520 MB in size in the end, I thought it would be 200 MB at worst lol I was so wrong, the 7z size fooled me (710 MB). The eng-patched CPK is structured almost completely different than the original one (840 MB) and the size is 1 GB after extraction.
I use pgdecrypt and umdgen by the way but, well, as mentioned above a patch of that size isn't really helpful I guess. Still, I'm interested in this cri file system tools, yesterday I tried getting it but I found just a damaged 4MB download. Is it warez or a free tool I can download from CRI? I know they released a bunch of free tools like Cri Packed File Maker.
Making a patch in iso is a pain, because this patcher tools will read the install.dat as a whole different file.
what i did before from the patch that i have provided here was a patch for a decrypted install.dat. But no ,that wasn't supposed to do here, because you really need to extract&repack the whole decrypted install.dat so you won't run into problem translating.
btw, in before i used CRI Packed File Maker, but i think they have newer tool now, and it can compress even further, i haven't tried it though.
I downloaded it yesterday, and my antivirus didn't detect anything and works fine.

ak0ztik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, what I tried to do was a batch script to automate the process, like:

>Open JP .ISO with UMDGen.exe
>>Extract INSTALL.DAT
>>>Decrypt with pgdecrypt.exe
>>>>Apply .diff patch with xdelta.exe
>>>>>Re-encrypt INSTALL.DAT with pgdecrypt.exe (although this passage isn't actually needed for PPSSPP, I don't remember if unencrypted CPK works on a PSP)
>>>>>>Repack new INSTALL.DAT in the ISO with UMDGen.exe
xdelta is not needed there, instead:
>>>>use cri pack maker to extract decrypted install.cpk
>>>>>replace translated files in extracted install.cpk
>>>>>>repack install.cpk via cri pack maker
>>>>>>>use again umdgen to insert modified install.dat to iso
so we now only need to upload those translated files & tools, instead of uploading a whole install.dat

Last edited by ak0ztik,

Kitsu-neechan

Coffee makes your kokoro go doki doki
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
i think i wrote this somewhere on this board before too but here it is again in-case someone needs it;

You can make the game run decrypted by patching the executable.
find a value of C931 at 0x16BD0 in (decrypted) eboot.bin and change it into CE31

this completely eliminates the need to re-encrypt the cpk file, you can simply decrypt it once, and do whatever you want, and pack it with CPKtool.

i documented various things regarding the game before this project first came to be since i was interested of making a translation patch (or tools for making one atleast.) I dropped it since though.

Kitsu-neechan

Coffee makes your kokoro go doki doki
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
it does work on the real psp, that's the whole point of it, since ppsspp doesnt need the whole thing and runs the file decrypted anyway.

for the cpk tool, i use one that's called cri packed file maker but there's loads of them that all essentially do the same thing, it shouldnt' make much of a difference which one you use.

ak0ztik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
you have a workaround for umdgen? that's great.
i checked my files i've done before, i can't find translated tutorial story file, mostly got deleted :( the only thing that's left is that c6ne were kirito narrates about current situation.
btw, you can compare my translation to yomikaeru, i'm not that good in japanese but as i said before something is off with yomikaeru translation.

Last edited by ak0ztik,

ak0ztik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My concern was file corruption or something like that
that english menu patched you got there is the work of @exorcizamus, people reported it has bug.
I've already seen his work before, and yes it has errors in hex editing the sys file of install.cpk, probably the fault of the tool he used.
yomikaeru's translation is kinda messy in facts, it's understandable but grammatically incorrect in many places.
you mean like a google translated but has a better sense.
i quit using it, but then translating on my own was time consuming until i drop the translation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol