Hacking Sword Art Online: Infinity Moment [PSP]

XaneTenshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Rest assured that we have every intention of doing so and we appreciate your kind words:P

I am in the middle of learning japanese myself but I still have a long way to go, I know i'ts not an easy thing to learn, keep at it;)

omarrrio

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
Finally got it to be highlighted:
NPJH50701_00002_zpsb71130e5.jpg

after messing up some more i asked StorMyu to trace back the crash adress using asm, thank you StorMyu, and i found out that the adress actually calls a string but it's not found, so i had to look further into the iso files and finally found a dummy file which contained a few unused "DUMMY" descriptions (literally dummy text, like "dummy"), and i found the description text that matches the offset the item is calling from, and this is it, it doesn't do any effect after using it, you still get the same dammage, the same effects, nothing is changed, thanks to Sporky i got the Description translated:
Sporky McForkinspoon said:
[Status Recovery Crystal] [Protect All]
Raises restitance to various negative status effects

Thanks to XaneTenshi for the SaveGame and for drawing the Kanji Letters to ease the translation.

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
You're awesome, all of you :D
What about the Aphrodisiac item? (It's on the screenshot from before)
If it's dummied out/crashing the game, you could ignore my question. Wouldn't want to delay your efforts even further.

XaneTenshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
We still needed a save. I just checked yours and it's just what we've been looking for:) Thanks for taking the time to help us, i'll take take of the rest;)

Haseeb_BSAA

Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Well I think this game should have got online multiplayer mode , because sword art online itself is a MMO RPG game and it would be brilliant if this game was also MMO , we could feel ourselves really into the virtual world , btw "Sword art online : Halo fragment PS Vita" is coming out and I am so much excited about it that it might support online mode.

Kalker3

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The only platform where a SAO game would have online functionality would be on PCs and home consoles, handhelds just aren't suited for the task.

Kalker3

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Phantasy star portable 2 says hi

SAO would be much more complex than that. It's literally 100 floors, a shitton of enemies and bosses, quests and all that crap, not to mention the huge amount of players. It's a full blown MMORPG, the kind of MMORPG that takes 20 GB of storage out of your hard drive.

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
SAO would be much more complex than that. It's literally 100 floors, a shitton of enemies and bosses, quests and all that crap, not to mention the huge amount of players. It's a full blown MMORPG, the kind of MMORPG that takes 20 GB of storage out of your hard drive.
We're not talking about a full blown MMORPG, Haseeb talked about the Vita game having online functionality which i'm sure could have 4-8 players online coop like PsP2

Kalker3

Trophies
XP
Country
France
We're not talking about a full blown MMORPG, Haseeb talked about the Vita game having online functionality which i'm sure could have 4-8 players online coop like PsP2

When talking about SAO and online functionality I like to think about a real MMORPG, not some half-baked party system.
But yeah, light parties and full parties could be possible. I personally just don't consider it something worthwhile.

Sporky McForkinspoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When talking about SAO and online functionality I like to think about a real MMORPG, not some half-baked party system.
But yeah, light parties and full parties could be possible. I personally just don't consider it something worthwhile.
I had hoped they'd make one for the Occulus RIP, but now it's owned by Facebook, that seems less likely, and also I won't buy things from FB.

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had hoped they'd make one for the Occulus RIP, but now it's owned by Facebook, that seems less likely, and also I won't buy things from FB.

That's somewhat of an immature way of looking at the acquisition, but I won't argue the point as it would derail the thread quite a bit.

A SAO VR game isn't out of the question though, any indie developer could decide to do a VR adaptation.

TheDave7365

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
We still needed a save. I just checked yours and it's just what we've been looking for:) Thanks for taking the time to help us, i'll take take of the rest;)

no problem i finnished that one the day before i posted. glad i could help the team in some way because my japanese is "bottom of the barrel" and my kanji... lets not go there... but yea and for anyone who was having trouble keeping teammates alive, just tank kirito out in strength and spin to face bosses attacks away from the raid party.

TheDave7365

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey guys, since you've been picking at the game while you have this translating task, do you think you could answer a question about shinons bow/shooting skill?

im curious... does it have a layered skill tree that is inaccessible to the player or is it just raw code in shinons character? if it has a tree or the code is separated enough to make a tree, do you think a mod giving it to kirito is possible to achieve?

what i know about it is that it requires the throwing skill to be maxed (which no-one in sao ever did because the only useful ability was the skill that threw a pin and put the heat on the thrower. Shinon spawned at lv50 and didn't know it was usless and naively put all her skill points into it.) and to have a high dexterity. there are 4 skills that shinon uses with it, a single hit, a 5 hit, a three hit and a paralyzing shot. and it can be dueled with a dagger for close encounters.

if i had to guess at what the tree looks like, its a 5 lvl tree with a dagger skill and a bow skill in each of the first 4 levels and there isn't a mega skill for it that ive seen but if there is then that would be in the 5th level as per usual.

i made some pictures, forgive my terrible photoshoping
nl22ds.jpg

20iudyo.jpg

Jaspiter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Like the other poster said, Phantasy Star Portable 2 /Infinity and PSO2 accomplish the same things a typical MMO accomplishes. The only thing that could be different is the amount of players in a given lobby at one time, but that's more about how Phantasy Star is designed in general. There was Peace Walker and Medal of Honor that allowed full online play with much more players, so it can obviously be done on the system.

Omegadark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like the other poster said, Phantasy Star Portable 2 /Infinity and PSO2 accomplish the same things a typical MMO accomplishes. The only thing that could be different is the amount of players in a given lobby at one time, but that's more about how Phantasy Star is designed in general. There was Peace Walker and Medal of Honor that allowed full online play with much more players, so it can obviously be done on the system.

I think your talking about Portable OPs , since Peace Walker is a Adhoc game up to 4 players I think.
Now the reason why theres usually not a lot of mmorpgs on the PSP, is because they make the games with a Japanese audience in mind and Japan's a more densely populated country then the US. So for them it's easierto just go out anywhere and adhoc with people.

Dangerousbuzz934

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am still working on it. Relatively slowly, as I am also working a full time job, and going to school full time. But, I won't quit until the patch is released, and that's a promise.

Holy fuck balls that's awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Hi, Just joined this forum today.

Nice to know someones working on a English patch, will be awaiting its arrival!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: