Hacking Switch v4.0.X may have fixed another vulnerability, according to Hackerone

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the HDMI thing was actually a big flaw for a lot of people, because their TVs were no longer working with Switch.
I'm just glad they fixed that one problem of the switch randomly controlling my tv when is docked in sleep mode. That was annoying and creepy. Now is all good, and good thing too. :)

Reactions: Xzi

TheMCNerd2017

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently the user that made the report is named ryanw. I recognize the name from somewhere, but I can't seem to remember what it is related to.

Dinzy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All major patches (+features) have a 3+ week cert process. If they had a major flaw in 4.0.0, they would likely not have pushed it out and then patch it one week after, a bug patch could have a much shorter cert time if it is a very minor touch up. Its possible but its a bit of a weird order of operations on their end.

I am pretty sure that they would make sure to patch any bugs before a major release like Mario as soon as possible. The HDMI thing sounds reasonable as they do not have the capability to test all AV configurations in house.

Thelonewolf88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want Homebrew stay as lower as possible with your console, even if right now there are no exploit for those fw they can always popup in the future. It's always been like this people should have known it, this is the number 1 rule.

You can say it over and over till, yet nobody listens. I don't bother anymore and leave it for others to reply instead to time wasters and village idiots.

Reactions: satan89

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
my philosophy is: never update nintendo's consols until there's someone's pointing a gun to ur head.

Mine's still 3.0.1 and i'll be fine with just Maio odyssey!!

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
no am not.i am a simple person like everybody,but i tell you something,never give up never surrender.
o.O?! man, do u know that doesn't exists a system which is completely immune from cracking?? right? even everflow, geohot or darkalex are just regular guys, they are just very good about breaking some sorts of walls....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1