• Views 139,261
  • Replies 764
  • Likes 32

zal16

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Why was the frequency governor function removed? I loved this option, as it worked with 98% of games, I didn't need to configure each game separately, I just put the maximum clock in the global options and put only the games that had problems with it in the exceptions (GRID Autosport was the only one of my games who didn't like this function)

Reactions: Lamcza

meha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Why was the frequency governor function removed? I loved this option, as it worked with 98% of games, I didn't need to configure each game separately, I just put the maximum clock in the global options and put only the games that had problems with it in the exceptions (GRID Autosport was the only one of my games who didn't like this function)

well because of how HOS works, sys-clk-oc 's governor implementation is bad emulation of real governor and have latency issues, which can cause worses perforamnce or worse power savingss.

and it is not that i removed those features. i had to rework sys-clk basesd on new sys-clk, so i have to re imlement those features back into new sys-clk-ocs. i'm working on reversenx sync now, so prolly this will be implemented back in next release.

but not sure about governor though, becauses of reasons i said above
Post automatically merged:

since lot of users are asking for it, i will make old sys-clk-oc fixed for HOS 17, and i will upload it to Discussions at my github, so check there later

Last edited by meha,

MSco

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@meha Thank you for releasing the latest switch oc suite! Unfortunately, I cannot update it via AIO. It seems, that AIO.zip is missing in the latest release.

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is this considered the best way currently then to get the most performance out of a switch? I have been out of the loop for about 9 months but on my oled switch I can overclock the ram to about 1900, the GPU to 998 and CPU using an unofficial sys clk but I'd really like to push it further to get the most out of 60fps patches for Zelda etc.

BasedKiliK

Salt of the Earth~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this considered the best way currently then to get the most performance out of a switch? I have been out of the loop for about 9 months but on my oled switch I can overclock the ram to about 1900, the GPU to 998 and CPU using an unofficial sys clk but I'd really like to push it further to get the most out of 60fps patches for Zelda etc.
Essentially. This page will allow you to set your own custom values and show you how to unlock frequencies. As always, just be careful, know what you're doing before making changes, and accept full risk and responsibility for anything that happens. I have my RAM OC'd to 2131mhz using this.

Reactions: w350922439

meha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
there are some private oc patches out there,
but currently all public OC patches for switch is fork of Switch OC Suite (except for Zachy's patch which does only ram oc)

you can overclock further if you use configurator to customize kip file.
every needed info is in github readme and github discussions page

Reactions: jelbo

Stellar

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Is this project still subject to the same dependencies as the original? I see an AIO.zip in the releases.

Nevermind, figured it out. AIO has everything needed to OC. I installed Tesla/OVLL/SMO/SNX regardless.

Last edited by Stellar,

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
without the governor function, what does this do over stock sys-clk?
just the option to go over sys-clk recommendations?

and should i worry that, when setting ramclock to 1996.8 (on a switch lite), the frequency shown in the overlay seems to be 2013.2? I did not change any settings with the loader configurator

Last edited by Clydefrosch,

ChanseyIsTheBest

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

and should i worry that, when setting ramclock to 1996.8 (on a switch lite), the frequency shown in the overlay seems to be 2013.2? I did not change any settings with the loader configurator

1. Sys clk provided in OC Suite allows setting a global profile for docked, handheld, official charger etc. Useful for forcing highest ram for everything. Also it hides unsafe clocks behind a toggle stock sys clk doesn't do that. Also fixes some bugs where correct voltage isn't set when changing to a higher lcock causing a drop in frequency.

2. Actual CPU and RAM clocks will differ in actuality 1-2% from target clock, nothing to worry about.

Last edited by ChanseyIsTheBest,

meha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South

top one is target frequency and bottom one is real frequency that device is operating at. it's perfectly fine.

sys-clk-oc version provides following:
- real voltage readings for cpu/gpu/ram (mariko/erista)
- global profile
- cpu volt bug (this is caused by pcv driver bug) mitigation code, and other original sys-clk bug fixes

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
top one is target frequency and bottom one is real frequency that device is operating at. it's perfectly fine.

sys-clk-oc version provides following:
- real voltage readings for cpu/gpu/ram (mariko/erista)
- global profile
- cpu volt bug (this is caused by pcv driver bug) mitigation code, and other original sys-clk bug fixes
alright, if you say its normal, it really threw me for a second

BasedKiliK

Salt of the Earth~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can i access the global profile, i am not able to find it. I am using per game profile for now.
IMG_2924.jpeg

Reactions: stressmage

VivreDNA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Option to turn off the switch screen is gone?
I use it when I do sysDVR. Is there any work around?
Thank you

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone