Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay, so my SD card migration has gone wrong, i guess.
I did emunand dump, both boot0 and boot1 dump, restored the dump using NxNadManager and...atmosphere doesnt load
" can't load sdmc/atmosphere/package3!"
looking at things through hekate, i noticed whole space of SD card is unocupied, which means something bucked up at Emunand. so there goes me asking:
should i place emunand dump on SD card and restore it using hekate or should i do something else?
What are you guys saying?
According to SciresM, you either didn't extract all of the Atmosphere files to your SD card or have the archive bit set on your /atmosphere folder.
My journey through hacking my NSW using RCMLoader. Context:
Issues I found, and how I overcome them:
  • The RMCLoader seemed to work but the NSW never left the black screen
  • It booted but then "A fatal error occurred when running Atmosphere. Title ID: 010041544d53000"
    • Solution: I was "forced" to stick to the #2 prev solution (aka update the firmware)
  • NSW went further but then it stopped by the "error code 2168-0001 & 2168-0002"
  • It seems to be working fine
Questions:
  • What's the tradeoff between FAT32 and exFAT on CFW NSW?
  • Does anyone know how to update the RMCLoader firmware using Linux/Mac? (actually what's is the firmware on this dongle 😕 )
  • How can I update the toolchain? (cfw, bootloader, ....)
  • Any advice?
  • There is no tradeoff. FAT32 is superior to exFAT. exFAT can corrupt your SD card unlike FAT32 and there are numerous ways to bypass the 4 GB limit on FAT32 such as USB or wireless installations
  • The site maybe hasn't been fully updated. On this page, it indicates that there is support even on Linux and MacOS
  • That'll depend on what exactly you need updating since each part is utilized differently. CFW are just files on the SD card so you can just download the latest CFW and put them on the SD card. The bootloader in your case is the bootloader files on your RCM Loader which you update according to the site

prof72

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Tinfoil stops working 3 months already

my nswitch system

Current Version 14.1.2 | AMS 1.3.2|S

can i fix it? or tinfoild is dead?
i can see the website link address but its not highlighted

save share and some are working but not game download and dlc and update

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

my nswitch system

Considering the number of people complaining, it might be high time you consider switching. I personally use TinWoo Installer and I never have any issues while using it.

prof72

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Considering the number of people complaining, it might be high time you consider switching. I personally use TinWoo Installer and I never have any issues while using it.
switching is fine

i can download games on tinwoo?
i thought its like goldleaf who can install nsp file games..

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question: is there any advantage updating to 15.0 when switch have 10.0 ? while CFW is installed ?
Newer games require newer firmware versions but since firmware 15.0 was just released, no games need that high of a firmware yet. Plus, support for CFW and homebrew is still unstable so the only advantage to updating to 15.0 is being able to play online which isn't a good idea with a hacked console anyways. If you want to update, I recommend updating to the next most recent firmware which is 14.1.2

Reactions: misiozol

grooster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't ever remember the "B" button being able to exit the homebrew menu. The only way you can exit is by pressing the Home button.
I'm going to keep looking. Maybe there is a setting.
Post automatically merged:

okay, so my SD card migration has gone wrong, i guess.
I did emunand dump, both boot0 and boot1 dump, restored the dump using NxNadManager and...atmosphere doesnt load
" can't load sdmc/atmosphere/package3!"
looking at things through hekate, i noticed whole space of SD card is unocupied, which means something bucked up at Emunand. so there goes me asking:
should i place emunand dump on SD card and restore it using hekate or should i do something else?
What are you guys saying?
You copied the emuNAND part but what about the rest of the SD card? You need all the atmosphere files.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It worked, thanks
Glad @Draxzelex got you sorted.

I wrote up a quick tutorial on how I recover my game saves from a nand backup in case it's useful for anyone in the future:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/recovering-games-saves-from-nand-using-nxnandmanager-and-jksv.620758/

I hope all of your game saves are recoverable!

my nswitch system

You can grab the latest version of Tinfoil (15 just released) and see if that helps:
https://tinfoil.io/Download#download

Most likely it's the shop you are using rather than an issue with Tinfoil itself. Might want to look at Titz or Teknik for a more stable experience.

I'm going to keep looking. Maybe there is a setting.
The only config file available is for themes. There’s no explicit setting for exiting…just for swapping to the Home page where you can either select another “game” or hit (X) to actually kill the process. Otherwise it’s just like any other title where you need to hit Home to get out. Not telling you not to look. You can start here: https://github.com/switchbrew/nx-hbmenu

Last edited by binkinator,

Klavice Gavin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I fixed my problem. Turns out my SD card slot needed to boot into Hekate directly not from Fusee Gelee payloads, but using the package 3 ini and it wasn't in the right folder.

Thanks for the advice though Drax, I was so worried I wouldn't be able to back up my saves and now I can.

sl3ge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi guys, i need some help.
Regarding tesla "status monitor overlay".
I already first start status monitor, then put ns to dock then run game, it wont show in dock mode when game running.
May i know how to fix it? Thanks

(handheld is showing the status monitor in game ok)

Last edited by sl3ge,

elecu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
awesome. This is exactly what we needed to see. Nice work.

that is the correct way to make a backup.

this is the correct way to move your backup to the restore folder

This should have worked. It seems your backup might not be good.

One thing we can try is to use EmuTool on your PC to copy your partition based emunand to a files based Emunand so you can copy it off your old SDcard to your new SDCard as regular files and then use Hekate to switch over to a files based emunand to see if we can get it to work. You will be able to swap back to partition based emunand by just reversing the steps in Hekate. It’s a long shot but we might get lucky. If it works we can use JKSV to dump your saves, switch back to partition based emunand then use JKSV to import your saves back to the fresh emunand partition you just made. A bit of work for sure. You will still have to reinstall your games again but at least you would have your saves.

Another way would be to simply use NXNandManager on your PC to dump the game saves from the USER/saves partition. You will need to dump your prod.keys using Lockpick_RCM to enable the yellow explorer folder so you can browse the mounted USER partition. You would reinstall your games and import them with JKSV just the same but with fewer steps.
Thanks man. Finally, after a few days, I got how JKSV works. I choose your second option and now it's working pretty well.

• Love
Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: elecu

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

my nswitch system

if your tinfoil has been broken for that long, you probably just need sigpatches/nosigchk running it on sysnand. its only had issues on fw15 and that was only for a few days, its running perfect now.

Hi guys, i need some help.
Regarding tesla "status monitor overlay".
I already first start status monitor, then put ns to dock then run game, it wont show in dock mode when game running.
May i know how to fix it? Thanks

(handheld is showing the status monitor in game ok)
make sure screen size scaling is 100% in switch settings, telsa menu wont work in a game if below 100% screen scale. and handheld doesnt have screen scale

sl3ge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
if your tinfoil has been broken for that long, you probably just need sigpatches/nosigchk running it on sysnand. its only had issues on fw15 and that was only for a few days, its running perfect now.

make sure screen size scaling is 100% in switch settings, telsa menu wont work in a game if below 100% screen scale. and handheld doesnt have screen scale

Thanks alot! you save my day.
I adjust to 100% it works perfectly.

Reactions: Chaosta

qhalidx

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi guys, new in the switch cfw. I have a dual boot os. Now seems like this the official fw came out, do we have a easy guide on ofw and cfw upgrade for guys who have similar setting as me?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: