Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

jEEb

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I updated my switch to the latest firmware to install arceus, tried to play sword and it said it was corrupted, tried to reinstall it and it said it was missing sigpatches. i downloaded the latest sigpatches from the github, do i need to go back and put in old sigpatches?

Xd9fDG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you do run the risk of getting banned if you go through the process.
Alright, so before I go ahead and do this, I just want to double-check if the steps I'm about to perform are correct so that I don't do something stupid and run a higher risk at getting banned than I already have:
  1. Load up Checkpoint in emuMMC and backup the save I want to put on sysMMC.
  2. Load up Checkpoint in sysMMC and restore the save.
  3. Reboot into OFW and check if the save carried over.
Is that all I have to do to be able to use my save in OFW? Or do I need to connect to Nintendo's servers while in sysMMC CFW to backup my save to the cloud? And how much of a risk is this? Surely I can't be the only one who's ever wanted to transfer save data from emuMMC to sysMMC to use in OFW right?

Uxiel

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Is ther Any homebrew to autoupdate atmosphere, download firmware(for ChoiDujourNX) and/or sightpaches?

Edit: I think i found it, AIO Switch Updater

Reactions: burhansalih

vampier206

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your firmware is fine and your patches are working otherwise the game wouldn't even install. What worries me is that it was partially installed which is either a problem with the SD card or the dump.
Iv been getting my games off of nxcrobra since forever. I'll check my sd card after work. I don't forsee that being the issue since iv never had any issue like this b4 with the sd.

If the install fails does it still do a partial install or something I never deleted that I should have?

Reactions: dysphoria

vampier206

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Iv been getting my games off of nxcrobra since forever. I'll check my sd card after work. I don't forsee that being the issue since iv never had any issue like this b4 with the sd.

If the install fails does it still do a partial install or something I never deleted that I should have?
Or maybe I don't have the things needed to launch backups?

1B51004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I connect my nintendo account to a hacked switch without getting banned from online? I want to transfer games and stuff over, but I don't want to risk it, even if the chance of a ban happening just because I connected my account is low.

spiroid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi again,

Thanks for the help and the messages so far :)
I've successfully configured a new sdcard with hekate / atmosphere and made some backups.

I also created a partition based emuMMC to keep my sysnand as clean as possible ^^.

Now I want to go one step further and update the firmware to the latest version.
Currently 9.1.x on both sysnand and emunand if i remember well.

I don't want to mess with the fuses (burnt fuses displayed : 12). If my memory is correct, updating the CFW version in the emuMMC will not burn fuses right ?

Also the recommended way to update from atmosphere is by using daybreak right ?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated my switch to the latest firmware to install arceus, tried to play sword and it said it was corrupted, tried to reinstall it and it said it was missing sigpatches. i downloaded the latest sigpatches from the github, do i need to go back and put in old sigpatches?
The GitHub page has bad patches. They always give users issues. Only ever download patches from this thread.
Alright, so before I go ahead and do this, I just want to double-check if the steps I'm about to perform are correct so that I don't do something stupid and run a higher risk at getting banned than I already have:
  1. Load up Checkpoint in emuMMC and backup the save I want to put on sysMMC.
  2. Load up Checkpoint in sysMMC and restore the save.
  3. Reboot into OFW and check if the save carried over.
Is that all I have to do to be able to use my save in OFW? Or do I need to connect to Nintendo's servers while in sysMMC CFW to backup my save to the cloud? And how much of a risk is this? Surely I can't be the only one who's ever wanted to transfer save data from emuMMC to sysMMC to use in OFW right?
No, you don't need to go online to backup the save to the cloud. The risk is there and some people have been banned while others have not so the choice is up to you.

It will do a partial installation if it fails.
Can I connect my nintendo account to a hacked switch without getting banned from online? I want to transfer games and stuff over, but I don't want to risk it, even if the chance of a ban happening just because I connected my account is low.
No because all bans occur when you bring a hacked console online. The 'good' news is that its usually a console ban & not an account ban; account bans are limited to stuff such as credit card fraud.
Hi again,

Thanks for the help and the messages so far :)
I've successfully configured a new sdcard with hekate / atmosphere and made some backups.

I also created a partition based emuMMC to keep my sysnand as clean as possible ^^.

Now I want to go one step further and update the firmware to the latest version.
Currently 9.1.x on both sysnand and emunand if i remember well.

I don't want to mess with the fuses (burnt fuses displayed : 12). If my memory is correct, updating the CFW version in the emuMMC will not burn fuses right ?

Also the recommended way to update from atmosphere is by using daybreak right ?
Updating the firmware in emuMMC cannot burn fuses. Also, the recommended tool is indeed Daybreak

Reactions: impeeza and 1B51004

vampier206

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The GitHub page has bad patches. They always give users issues. Only ever download patches from this thread.

No, you don't need to go online to backup the save to the cloud. The risk is there and some people have been banned while others have not so the choice is up to you.

It will do a partial installation if it fails.

No because all bans occur when you bring a hacked console online. The 'good' news is that its usually a console ban & not an account ban; account bans are limited to stuff such as credit card fraud.

Updating the firmware in emuMMC cannot burn fuses. Also, the recommended tool is indeed Daybreak
Okay then that may be my issue.

cobjak

Trophies
XP
Country
France
How to delate android and the allocated partition for Android on my SD card without formating?

I tried its fun but ps2/gamecube and wii emulation is very experimental and en even Android games don't run well so I don't need

Also is fat32 slower than exFat in term of game charging?

vampier206

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gold leaf doesn't show any semi installed title thru the failed install. not sure what else is causing the install to fail

snoopdog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
im a noob at the switch modding and I see a guy selling a modded switch but you need to run Tegragui to run. I see that is a program you run a script on the pc. I was wonder if I still can get the nand to back up if he doesn't have it.

ICUDude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, Thanks to you guys I was able to get Atmosphere installed and working great on an older Switch a year and a half ago. My daughter wanted to try out some new titles but I need to upgrade to play them. The switch is completely offline and I didn't create a emummc. I believe I have to upgrade Atmosphere and Hekate which I can follow the guides to do. My question is about firmware upgrades and fuse burns. The switch lives in sleep mode, I rarely turn it off and when turning on it's usually into RCM unless I mess it up and have to re try it. If I do accidentally load into the regular Switch after installing newer firmware will that burn the fuses? If so what is the down side of that (why would I ever want to downgrade)? I just don't want to screw it up as it works really great now and I don't want to loose any game playability or saves.

I'm currently on 10.2.0|AMS 0.14.4|S and whatever Hekate went with that at the time.

And I use Awoo installer- 1.3.3

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

vree

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I GOT IT.
my file must have been iffy. downloaded a new one and a its installing.
was a nsz instead of a nsp

nsz is just the compressed version of an nsp.

Outdated installers like goldleaf can not install nsz's.

I advise to use an updated installer like tinfoil or the like.

Deli

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.epicloot.com.sg
XP
Country
Senegal
Switch owner since launch. Decided to mod my switch so I can swap save data between Ryujinx emulator and my OG switch.

Currently I'm using a 200gb sdcard with lots of games installed and purchased from eShop. Can I use the same sdcard to jailbreak without formatti it? I do not want to lose all the game data and having to re-download.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maxouter @ Maxouter: yo