Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

gutoblauth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You're only looking at it from one perspective. Look at it this way, if you really cannot compare the two because they do supposedly different things, then how come people get banned for both? In Nintendo's eyes, they are both bannable offenses so stuff like "firmware" and "software" make no difference to them.
They both can lead you to a ban if you use it wrong.
They got banned probably because they were doing dirty stuff while on CFW (piracy, cheating, installing something not recognized by Nintendo... I really won't be able to know). But surely without the CFW they won't be able to do it. It's not the CFW's fault, it's the way people use it. CFW can open many gates, so you hardly will track people stupidity.
From what I've been reading, there haven't been any bans by simple homebrew usage so far, even if taking switch online.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They both can lead you to a ban if you use it wrong.
They got banned probably because they were doing dirty stuff while on CFW (piracy, cheating, installing something not recognized by Nintendo... I really won't be able to know). But surely without the CFW they won't be able to do it. It's not the CFW's fault, it's the way people use it. CFW can open many gates, so you hardly will track people stupidity.
From what I've been reading, there haven't been any bans by simple homebrew usage so far, even if taking switch online.
See this is why I said you are just using your bias and not looking at it objectively. You are making too many assumptions to say that is the case with no concrete proof. As for me, the only proof I need is to simply cite Occam's Razor because while you may not believe it, there have been bans for people simply using homebrew. I used to keep a tally of people banned for just homebrew but there were so many that I stopped keeping track.

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I'm on Atmosphere 10.0.2|AMS|0.12.0|E How do I safely update everything to the latest 11.0.1 firmware with sigatches I had tried overwriting files and atmosphere had crashed and I had to revert back to my older files.

DavidinCT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, so I rebuilt my switch... I was outdated and I needed to update my OS...As I could not play newer games...

Saw directions on this link...
How to update firmware safely to latest version? | GBAtemp.net - The Independent Video Game Community

I followed it to a "T" and went through the switch-guide as well, to make sure I didn't miss anything after I fully updated my Switch. I added my Nintendo folder back to save games.

I need Tinfoil, I use NUT to install my collection of games that I ripped to ISO...So, I googled around, and found some directions.

Install Tinfoil to SD(newest version, drop into Switch folder) and download the NEWEST sig patches (downloaded the newest version of the sigpatches from Releases · eXhumer/patches · GitHub) and install them as said.

So, follow the process... Hold right button after running a game, it goes into the homebrew menu(not in Applet mode)... run Tinfoil installer...

It ends up with a placeholder with a spinning circle, never changes, never updates. Rebooted, no change, removed, re-installed, same thing. Did do , install and shut off console, and reboot from RCM to fusee-primary with no change.

I am using fusee-primary as my primary

Any idea how to get Tinfoil installed/working so I can get my games re-installed ?

Last edited by DavidinCT,

gutoblauth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
See this is why I said you are just using your bias and not looking at it objectively. You are making too many assumptions to say that is the case with no concrete proof. As for me, the only proof I need is to simply cite Occam's Razor because while you may not believe it, there have been bans for people simply using homebrew. I used to keep a tally of people banned for just homebrew but there were so many that I stopped keeping track.

Of course I'm making assumptions... So do you...

Your own data make me believe CFW and homebrew don't ban, I've seen no proof that leads to ban in your spreadsheet, just by filtering the Clean NAND and eShop-CFW columns:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1maQsABJWpVl-Bj6FbFKDr0h2K2LfnOu3mq8lWF8Qq7w/
Looks like you don't know how to analyse your own data.

As I said before, seems that just by booting into CFW and going online will hardly to lead a ban, and the same applies for simply homebrew, since using homebrew doens't mean it will write data in your sysNAND.
I think the people you said who got banned by using homebrew made something wrong, they probably wrote some data into their sysNAND by using homebrew.
CFW give people power, and people screw it by doing things they don't know they are doing or the potential risk involved. Even you seems to not understand it.

Last edited by gutoblauth,

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Your own data make me believe CFW and homebrew don't ban, I've seen no proof that leads to ban in your spreadsheet, just filters the Clean NAND and eShop-CFW columns.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1maQsABJWpVl-Bj6FbFKDr0h2K2LfnOu3mq8lWF8Qq7w/

As I said before, seems that just by booting into CFW and going online will hardly going to lead on ban, and the same applies for simply homebrew, since it doens't mean it will write data in your sysNAND.
I think the people you said who got banned by using homebrew made something wrong, they probably wrote some data into their sysNAND by using homebrew.
CFW give people power, and people screw it by doing things they don't know they are doing or the potential risk involved. Even you seems to not understand it.
You two should get a hotel room....stop bickering....You both are right OK....Let's help noobs here, or else PM each other. No dis-respect to either of you. Both you two are beyond my knowledge, but we all only want love and peace, and to help one another.

Last edited by BigOnYa,

barelynotlegal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since tx is down and no support for 11.0.1 I’m thing of that deep sea cfw. Anyone try it? What would I need to delete or remove before installing since I was using sxos up until I accidentally updated last night. I hate how that whole pop up is layer out. When I see start software my brain automatically thinks update lol so in a haste I clicked update. Pow not one minute later or a confirmation. UPDATED

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've skimmed the Switch Hacking FAQ and whilst I'm holding off on doing any serious CFW or hacking for the time being, I'm interested in making backups of my physical game collection so that I can load them onto a modded system in the future, or possible use them for Switch emulation.

If I understand this right, I can use an RCM jig with USB connection to my PC to send Fusee Gelee payloads to my launch window Switch pre-boot sequence. This is done to backup the system NAND in preparation for booting into emulated NAND off SD card, where custom firmware such as Atmosphere is then run from with measures to avoid console bans like Tinfoil or completely taking the device offline.

Right now, all I want is a solution for backups of my game cards that does not require booting into Switch firmware, something like GodMode9 or Decrypt9Wip.
Is there a Fusee Gelee payload specifically for dumping game cards to SD card or to PC over USB connection? I just want to do something that is ban-risk free.
As I understand it, game cards are dumped to .XCI format which can be run on current custom firmware (without something premium like SX OS), or it can be converted to an installable .NSP package.
Are the .XCI dumps I make specific and traceable back to my game cards, or can that unique information be scrubbed and the game image still bootable for my purposes?
I'd also be interested in dumping the save files, but I'm aware those are saved on the NAND, not the game card.

Eventually, when a Switch successor model is released, the plan will be to transfer my existing Switch profile to the new system, then my old system is open-game for hacking.

RikkuSuave

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I have scanned about everything i can... i have a few questions. So i THINK i'm running my animal crossing save on EmuNand, i dont do anything besides save edit but i have been online with it in emunand so i'm hesitant to move it to sysnand. However, i have 2 other towns and i want to swap between them and so when i try to backup the current down then restore one of the old ones it just makes it seem like i don't have a town and it starts me new. How do i swap between the towns in EmuNand? SHOULD i swap to sysnand? i will be honest, i'm new enough at this that i don't 100% know the difference between Emunand and Sysnand so i would be interested in knowing where i should be. i don't want to get banned, i literally only do save edits here and there. i do plan to move the current town back to my legit switch once i have it set up, but i have 2 other "hacking" towns i plan to keep on this one once i do. Any guides or input i can get would be great. thank you in advance, sorry for the super noob questions!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I'm on Atmosphere 10.0.2|AMS|0.12.0|E How do I safely update everything to the latest 11.0.1 firmware with sigatches I had tried overwriting files and atmosphere had crashed and I had to revert back to my older files.
Don't overwrite the files. Its better to delete the old files then place the new ones on the SD card. If you don't know what to delete, you can remove everything from your SD card except the Nintendo folder and any mods in your atmosphere folder. I assume you know where to get the CFW so you can grab the patches from here and update your firmware with either ChoiDujourNX or Daybreak.

OK, so I rebuilt my switch... I was outdated and I needed to update my OS...As I could not play newer games...

Saw directions on this link...
How to update firmware safely to latest version? | GBAtemp.net - The Independent Video Game Community

I followed it to a "T" and went through the switch-guide as well, to make sure I didn't miss anything after I fully updated my Switch. I added my Nintendo folder back to save games.

I need Tinfoil, I use NUT to install my collection of games that I ripped to ISO...So, I googled around, and found some directions.

Install Tinfoil to SD(newest version, drop into Switch folder) and download the NEWEST sig patches (downloaded the newest version of the sigpatches from Releases · eXhumer/patches · GitHub) and install them as said.

So, follow the process... Hold right button after running a game, it goes into the homebrew menu(not in Applet mode)... run Tinfoil installer...

It ends up with a placeholder with a spinning circle, never changes, never updates. Rebooted, no change, removed, re-installed, same thing. Did do , install and shut off console, and reboot from RCM to fusee-primary with no change.

I am using fusee-primary as my primary

Any idea how to get Tinfoil installed/working so I can get my games re-installed ?
I highly recommend switching to TinWoo Installer instead. I have been using Awoo Installer since it was released with no issues and TinWoo is a better version of Awoo Installer.

Your own data make me believe CFW and homebrew don't ban, I've seen no proof that leads to ban in your spreadsheet, just by filtering the Clean NAND and eShop-CFW columns:

As I said before, seems that just by booting into CFW and going online will hardly to lead a ban, and the same applies for simply homebrew, since using homebrew doens't mean it will write data in your sysNAND.
I have made no assumptions with regards to my data. Please do not make false claims otherwise it makes it harder for me to take you seriously. The only assumption that I did make was the reason why everyone is not banned however this assumption does not change the fact that people have already been banned regardless of the reason.

First of all, you didn't even take a glance at the data you just filtered because I literally see 3 people already based on what you just filtered. Secondly, your claim is still baseless and full of bias because not only have you failed to provide any objective evidence to prove such a claim but you have also failed to refute any of my evidence.

Lastly, and this quite the most damning concern of mine, is that you so easily dismiss Occam's Razor then insist that people are lying. Even though that is not how any of this works, lets play along shall we? Let us say the people who gave me their data lied. OK? I hope you realize that you are insinuating that ANYONE can be lying. People who haven't been banned with CFW could be lying. People who have been banned for .NSP files can be lying. If you make one assumption, then you open the floodgates for all assumptions. This is why Occam's Razor is so important and why I cannot believe a word that comes out of your mouth because you have no argument. I can say a lot of things like pigs flying but without any evidence, its just words. Unlike you, I have data that reinforces my point. All you have are your beliefs and assumptions about my data with no objective evidence to indicate otherwise. Why should I, someone whose run a banning thread for 3 years now along with a spreadsheet spanning 500 data points, believe the words of a random person such as yourself?

Since tx is down and no support for 11.0.1 I’m thing of that deep sea cfw. Anyone try it? What would I need to delete or remove before installing since I was using sxos up until I accidentally updated last night. I hate how that whole pop up is layer out. When I see start software my brain automatically thinks update lol so in a haste I clicked update. Pow not one minute later or a confirmation. UPDATED
DeepSea is alright but its packed with a lot of bloatware. I recommend using SDSetup instead.
You two should get a hotel room....stop bickering....You both are right OK....Let's help noobs here, or else PM each other. No dis-respect to either of you. Both you two are beyond my knowledge, but we all only want love and peace, and to help one another.
No he is not right because he is trying to counter objective facts with subjective bias.

I've skimmed the Switch Hacking FAQ and whilst I'm holding off on doing any serious CFW or hacking for the time being, I'm interested in making backups of my physical game collection so that I can load them onto a modded system in the future, or possible use them for Switch emulation.

If I understand this right, I can use an RCM jig with USB connection to my PC to send Fusee Gelee payloads to my launch window Switch pre-boot sequence. This is done to backup the system NAND in preparation for booting into emulated NAND off SD card, where custom firmware such as Atmosphere is then run from with measures to avoid console bans like Tinfoil or completely taking the device offline.

Right now, all I want is a solution for backups of my game cards that does not require booting into Switch firmware, something like GodMode9 or Decrypt9Wip.
Is there a Fusee Gelee payload specifically for dumping game cards to SD card or to PC over USB connection? I just want to do something that is ban-risk free.
As I understand it, game cards are dumped to .XCI format which can be run on current custom firmware (without something premium like SX OS), or it can be converted to an installable .NSP package.
Are the .XCI dumps I make specific and traceable back to my game cards, or can that unique information be scrubbed and the game image still bootable for my purposes?
I'd also be interested in dumping the save files, but I'm aware those are saved on the NAND, not the game card.

Eventually, when a Switch successor model is released, the plan will be to transfer my existing Switch profile to the new system, then my old system is open-game for hacking.
There is no way to freely dump stuff without a ban risk. You either accept the risk or do not try at all.

Hello! I have scanned about everything i can... i have a few questions. So i THINK i'm running my animal crossing save on EmuNand, i dont do anything besides save edit but i have been online with it in emunand so i'm hesitant to move it to sysnand. However, i have 2 other towns and i want to swap between them and so when i try to backup the current down then restore one of the old ones it just makes it seem like i don't have a town and it starts me new. How do i swap between the towns in EmuNand? SHOULD i swap to sysnand? i will be honest, i'm new enough at this that i don't 100% know the difference between Emunand and Sysnand so i would be interested in knowing where i should be. i don't want to get banned, i literally only do save edits here and there. i do plan to move the current town back to my legit switch once i have it set up, but i have 2 other "hacking" towns i plan to keep on this one once i do. Any guides or input i can get would be great. thank you in advance, sorry for the super noob questions!
If you have already gone online on emuMMC, then you should continue going online on emuMMC. If you really want to swap back to sysMMC, then you will have to make a backup of emuMMC then restore it to sysMMC otherwise Nintendo will notice when you go online with sysMMC that it is different from emuMMC.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There is no way to freely dump stuff without a ban risk. You either accept the risk or do not try at all.

Alright, I'll probably hold off until the successor model like I'd been intending then.

Still, I'm surprised that nobody has developed a payload that can be used to dump game cards.
Either it's easy enough within CFW, or it's not possible pre-OS, but I don't know I've much to learn about this scene.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I'll probably hold off until the successor model like I'd been intending then.

Still, I'm surprised that nobody has developed a payload that can be used to dump game cards.
Either it's easy enough within CFW, or it's not possible pre-OS, but I don't know I've much to learn about this scene.
Its more likely the former. The situation you described is similar to the one when it comes to homebrew save managers. Theoretically, an RCM payload save manager would be safer than a homebrew version but that has not been developed yet either most likely due to how easy it is to perform with homebrew. And considering how old the scene is coupled with the plateau of releases, that may not change in the future.

Reactions: RupeeClock

Flare-be

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Question here for SX user with hidden emunand partition; the emunand is now detected in hekate but when I try booting up Atmosphere I get the following error. Any ideas why it mentions an SD card while my emunand is on hidden partition? And what could be the solution? Thank you very much for the help.

fatal error nx boot failed to mount emummc from sd card partition
Anyone? I tried many things without luck. Thanks a lot in advance for your help!

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Draxzelex

Thanks! I updated with zero problems now I just have to update my SXOS switch to 11.0.0. (Backup Switch) However I have a few questions

#1 With atmosphere does all the games work now? I heard that Mario 3D All Stars had a glitch but idk if the issue was fixed
#2 I actually own some legal games can I apply updates to those games and it wont effect my cartridge's? I'm so used to using bootleg however with my actual cartridges I prefer just using my save on my CFW switch versus starting over again
#3 I updated using ChoiDujourNX is Daybreak better or it doesn't matter
#4 I'm a Tinfoil guy does tinfoil still works or not really I mainly had my switch configured to run tinfoil on it

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Draxzelex

Thanks! I updated with zero problems now I just have to update my SXOS switch to 11.0.0. (Backup Switch) However I have a few questions

#1 With atmosphere does all the games work now? I heard that Mario 3D All Stars had a glitch but idk if the issue was fixed
#2 I actually own some legal games can I apply updates to those games and it wont effect my cartridge's? I'm so used to using bootleg however with my actual cartridges I prefer just using my save on my CFW switch versus starting over again
#3 I updated using ChoiDujourNX is Daybreak better or it doesn't matter
#4 I'm a Tinfoil guy does tinfoil still works or not really I mainly had my switch configured to run tinfoil on it
  1. There is no game that isn't supported by either Atmosphere nor SX OS
  2. Carts are read-only; they cannot be modified
  3. Others say Daybreak is better but both get the job done
  4. I highly recommend using TinWoo Installer instead as not only is it what I personally use but I have never had any issues with it ever since I began using its predecessor, Awoo Installer

Reactions: Goku1992A

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. There is no game that isn't supported by either Atmosphere nor SX OS
  2. Carts are read-only; they cannot be modified
  3. Others say Daybreak is better but both get the job done
  4. I highly recommend using TinWoo Installer instead as not only is it what I personally use but I have never had any issues with it ever since I began using its predecessor, Awoo Installer

Okay thanks! I'll look into TinWoo Installer

Reactions: Draxzelex

DavidinCT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is a quick one... Is there a RCM device that always works ? I picked up a few (3-D printed and some brand named ones), and it still took me almost 10 min to get into RCM mode last night after many reboots.

Just looking for a flawless one that always works 100%... does a device exist besides modding a joycon?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question here for SX user with hidden emunand partition; the emunand is now detected in hekate but when I try booting up Atmosphere I get the following error. Any ideas why it mentions an SD card while my emunand is on hidden partition? And what could be the solution? Thank you very much for the help.

fatal error nx boot failed to mount emummc from sd card partition
I'm sorry, I wasn't ignoring it but rather I'm unsure of the issue or of how to resolve it. At any rate, how did you get Hekate to detect the emuMMC created by SX OS?

Here is a quick one... Is there a RCM device that always works ? I picked up a few (3-D printed and some brand named ones), and it still took me almost 10 min to get into RCM mode last night after many reboots.

Just looking for a flawless one that always works 100%... does a device exist besides modding a joycon?
By device, I assume you mean jig. Anyways, as far as I know, there is no such thing as a jig that works 100% of the time because the process itself is very user-dependent. Not to mention the pins from the jig and/or the rail may slightly move making the jig less effective over time. This is why AutoRCM is such a boon because it allows you to boot into RCM without a jig and is 100% guaranteed to work.

RikkuSuave

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have already gone online on emuMMC, then you should continue going online on emuMMC. If you really want to swap back to sysMMC, then you will have to make a backup of emuMMC then restore it to sysMMC otherwise Nintendo will notice when you go online with sysMMC that it is different from emuMMC.

Sounds good, i am 100% ok with being on emunand. Do you know how to switch between multiple towns? i have 3, but when i try to load in one of the others it just shows up like i have no town. Like it loads the island start with the nook kids in the airport. I already have the town completely set up and i've played on it, but i can't seem to get it so i can switch between the towns. Like play on town A, save, backup in JSKV, then i want to play on town B. How do i switch to town B without it thinking i dont have a town?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay