Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Ahem, if my Switch now says that it wants to update rather than showing the fw and what cfw I'm running (which is ReiNX 3.0) in System Settings, do I need to first enter maintenance mode before I can properly update to 10.0.3 with choinx?

The album still opens up the hb menu but everything else that I try to run gives me a message about how the Switch needs to update...

I got an advice on the ReiNX Discord yesterday to enter maintenance mode, then simply power off (without doing anything), wait for 10.0.3 to be dumped and then I could update. But I just wanna make sure that's how I should go on about it rather than going straight into hb and launching choinx and choosing 10.0.3.

Edit: This has been solved now, I just updated straight away!

Last edited by ConraDargo,

Ninn

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Long time i did this, but i just made an emuMMC on a Switch on the latest firmware, with latest hekate (5.2.1) and when i try to lunch the emummc i get "No main boot entries found". I would like to be able to boot both emuMMC and stock Firmware.

What should i do?

mrduka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So, I just used the app "reboot to payload" on homebrew menu because I was told that it would bring me back to hekate, so atmosphere logo appeared and i got a black screen, Now my switch won't turn on, and it's not even recognizing my JIG and RCM on TegraRCMGui.
I was on EMUNAND CFW
Autoboot turned off
autoRCM turned off.
AMS 0.12.0 and 9.1.0 on CFW
10.0.3 ON SYSNAND OFW.

Did i brick my Switch? Can someone help me?
When I put on dock mode the green light appears for 1 second and disappear.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So, I just used the app "reboot to payload" on homebrew menu because I was told that it would bring me back to hekate, so atmosphere logo appeared and i got a black screen, Now my switch won't turn on, and it's not even recognizing my JIG and RCM on TegraRCMGui.
I was on EMUNAND CFW
Autoboot turned off
autoRCM turned off.
AMS 0.12.0 and 9.1.0 on CFW
10.0.3 ON SYSNAND OFW.

Did i brick my Switch? Can someone help me?
When I put on dock mode the green light appears for 1 second and disappear.

update: I took off my micro sd card and booted sysnand. After that i powered off my switch and then my sig was recognized.

vree

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Latest is 10.0.3, Atmosphere work fine on 10.0.3.

So I just updated everything seems to be working fine except animal crossing does not start with the latest update nsp.

I update everything on the sd with sd setup so I should have the right patches. What could I have missed?

I boot with hekate and then select the fusee-primary payload.

But for animal crossing it says the software could not be launched and returns to home menu.After that it want to verify the game files :/

Last edited by vree,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just updated everything seems to be working fine except animal crossing does not start with the latest update nsp.

I update everything on the sd with sd setup so I should have the right patches. What could I have missed?

I boot with hekate and then select the fusee-primary payload.

Normally these pack doesn't come with the updated signature patches, you have to update them yourself

https://gbatemp.net/threads/atmosphere-patches-es-fs-and-loader-fusee_primary-only.562812/

Reactions: vree

vree

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Last edited by vree,

Qrac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been searching all day with my best google skills, reddit, gbatemp and other forums but can't find the solution.

Today I updated from 9.3 (or something like that) to 10.0.3, I also updated atmosphere and hekate. The guide I used the first time and for updating CFW/SYS is https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/

But now I can't get into atmosphere. I trigger RCM, send latest hekate as payload. Then go to to "FSS0 emuMMC". After it shows the hekate ipl logo for 2 seconds everything goes black and no input works. Only option is to hold power button for ~8 seconds and then start it up to OFW.

What could I be doing wrong? I'm basically at the last stage in this guide: https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/extras/updating/
But can't boot into atmosphere...

Should I just go through the guide from beginning to end now, or is there a "quick fix" that I'm missing?

Last edited by Qrac,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been searching all day with my best google skills, reddit, gbatemp and other forums but can't find the solution.

Today I updated from 9.3 (or something like that) to 10.0.3, I also updated atmosphere and hekate. The guide I used the first time and for updating CFW/SYS is https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/

But now I can't get into atmosphere. I trigger RCM, send latest hekate as payload. Then go to to "FSS0 emuMMC". After it shows the hekate ipl logo for 2 seconds everything goes black and no input works. Only option is to hold power button for ~8 seconds and then start it up to OFW.

What could I be doing wrong? I'm basically at the last stage in this guide: https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/extras/updating/
But can't boot into atmosphere...

load fusee-primary.bin

Qrac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
load fusee-primary.bin
Thank you Hayato! This is what I did:

I tried putting it in the atmosphere folder and launching like regular, didn't work.

Then I tried adding the "fusee-primary.bin" into the payload folder. Booted up hekate and chose it from the Payload option. Now I got a little bit longer. Atmosphere logo was showing, a couple of seconds then everything black once more..

Edit; I got to the "second" atmosphere logo. The one with the { R } below it.

Edit2; Ok, so I set up the SDcard from start using the guide. I formatted it and copied all things over. Did new BOOT0/1 and sysNAND backups.

Started up using regular "Launch" -> " FSS0...." and seems to work. :D

Last edited by Qrac,

nobeval

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
hi,
I have my switch at 9.0.1 (Mariko) so I'm doomed haha,
My issue is, I got Animal Crossing and I'm scared it might ask me to update (also pondering going online), should I update ? or should I wait some time or do something else ?
I was waiting for the Team Xecuter to release it's product but didn't inspired me much, so I'm thinking of just go ahead

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit: Thread updated

Thank you very much. So ok, i have to update and ok, i have to use AutoRCM.
So first: I have to know how to switch from Reinx to Atmosphere.

--> did install Atmosphere 0.12 and hekate - CTCaer mod v5.2.1 & Nyx v0.9.1
also placed the fusee-primary.bin in the payload folder. After starting hektate i start the fusee-primary payload and now i am in atmosphere (on FW 8.1).
BUT: I can not start any game: " the software could not be started, please try again in home menu"???
and: i can not install any game with Goldleaf 0.8 (even not an old game)

Second question: I have not found the Firmware to download here :-/ Any link on that?
--> still not found

Third question: ok, when I am successful using atmosphere, then i have to install ChoiDujourNXv102 (which i have downloaded already). Then installed the new Firmware with it. But: how to apply AutoRCM BEFORE i restart the first time? I am a bit anxious about this part.
--> still need to know

by the way: why is my Homebrew Menu starting by A on the Album instead of R + A? *wondering*
  1. Just go back to ReiNX.
  2. Firmware files are copyrighted
  3. ChoiDujourNX can enable AutoRCM during the firmware installation. It is a check box that is hard to miss
Ahem, if my Switch now says that it wants to update rather than showing the fw and what cfw I'm running (which is ReiNX 3.0) in System Settings, do I need to first enter maintenance mode before I can properly update to 10.0.3 with choinx?

The album still opens up the hb menu but everything else that I try to run gives me a message about how the Switch needs to update...

I got an advice on the ReiNX Discord yesterday to enter maintenance mode, then simply power off (without doing anything), wait for 10.0.3 to be dumped and then I could update. But I just wanna make sure that's how I should go on about it rather than going straight into hb and launching choinx and choosing 10.0.3.
Why do you want to update to 10.0.3? Entering maintenance mode can remove the pending system update nag.

hi,
I have my switch at 9.0.1 (Mariko) so I'm doomed haha,
My issue is, I got Animal Crossing and I'm scared it might ask me to update (also pondering going online), should I update ? or should I wait some time or do something else ?
I was waiting for the Team Xecuter to release it's product but didn't inspired me much, so I'm thinking of just go ahead
Don't bother with TX's modchip unless you are skilled at soldering. There are still unpatched consoles for sale on the Internet.

wookiee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone be able to help with with SX OS?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Anyone be able to help me with SX OS?

piercedfreak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a few games on my sdcard, and tried to use cheats on them, but the cheat say they are for another version/region. I have googled how to find the game id, but I keep getting results for the users network id. Is there a utility, or something that will tell me the exact game ID of the file I have installed?

dracosson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have PlayerNX .2 and pplay 2.1 was hoping to put some amvs on the switch to play but the apps load up but then hang ?

Like pplay brings up a browser cant navigate , PlayerNX says press A to play and X for control info. It shows the files in media folder but won't play or anything. I just have to close it.

Is there something I would have missed or another video player ?

VEOS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Hello,

I tried updating with choidujournx to the firmware 10.0.3 but after trying to boot I get the error
pkg2 decryption failed
is sept updated?
failed to launch HOS!

could anybody please what I need to do to fix this?

With best regards

SeburoVII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

So I have the opportunity to buy a Switch with custom firmware running Neutos. From my understanding Neutos isn't supported anymore - How would I go about installing another CFW package? Is Atmoshpere the best? And it only comes with an RCMJig - would there be anything else I need?

Any help appreciated guys
Thanks

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hi guys,

So I have the opportunity to buy a Switch with custom firmware running Neutos. From my understanding Neutos isn't supported anymore - How would I go about installing another CFW package? Is Atmoshpere the best? And it only comes with an RCMJig - would there be anything else I need?

Any help appreciated guys
Thanks
Atmosphere is the CFW you should go for. You need a Jig and a computer/smartphone/dongle.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo