Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

sittingduck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It sounds like a problem with the SD card. I would recommend running chkdsk /r with the SD card. You should also make sure the data partition is formatted as FAT32 if it isn't already.

After the chkdsk, you might need to reformat the SD card and start again.

Reporting back as promised. I checked the card and found no errors. Tried again with another card - got exactly the same result: Just moving the cursor between the different menus on the home screen, everything seems fine. But 10-30 seconds after entering one of the menu items, the Switch freezez completely. I noticed one thing, however - everytime I went into the Album, the homebrew apps weren't showing up correctly with icons. Not knowing what to do (and feeling quite confident I did everything correctly, I also put ChoiudujourNX on my card, hoping that somehow I could update my CFW to 9.1.0). Strangely, when I rebooted, the homebrew icons were all in place, and I succesfully updated my emummc to 9.1.0. And ever since then, it has been running flawless. Everytime I booted into one of the failed attempts I never saw the Sept-bootlogo before the Atmosphere logo, but I do now. As I did everything the same every time (except also putting DNX on the SD card for the final and working try), my own guess is that maybe Atmosphere isn't quite optimized for use with an old software version (my Switch is 2.3.0) - but obviously I could be very wrong. Don't know if this helps anybody, but I at least wanted to let everyone know how I faired.

Reactions: Lacius

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I'm completely new to hacking a Switch and just successfully finished everything using Atmosphere. I used a completely new, separate SD card for all of the files, so now that I'm finished with what I needed to do (modify a save file), I'm assuming that, if I turn my Switch off, replace said SD card with my original, non-hacking related one, then boot it back up, I can reconnect to the internet and run everything as normal? Just want to avoid making a stupid mistake and getting banned/compromising my Switch. Thanks!
No, once you've run CFW, you need to restore a clean NAND backup that was made prior to running any CFW & homebrew otherwise you risk a ban. If you do not have one, then there is a risk of a ban no matter what you do.

Reactions: bladeascent

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m thinking About buying a open dock switch but not sure if third party docks really brick the switch. I read what docks supposedly bricked the switch back when the firmware was 5.0 but I’m not sure if that’s still the case. My switch is on 9.0.1 if that’s info is needed and backed up using hekate.

Bowl0l

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
It has been ages after I installed Atmosphere.
System Version 3.00.00
Atmosphere 0.8.3

Requesting info for the following:
What are the steps to update Atmosphere?

koenergy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! There's this time when I launched Smash Bros. (legit digital copy) on my SysNAND, I got an error about third party (not sure if it's accessories or services) then prompted whether to send the error or not. I forgot what the error was. Now I'm afraid that if I update my SysNAND, my switch might get bricked. My switch is homebrewed in the EmuMMC (flight mode is on throughout). Would you guys know what that error was?

Last edited by koenergy,

Tackskull

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Guys, if I use the homebrew app to install themes, I always have problem, like each theme is not working properly. Many times I am stuck by navigate on the menu and sometimes it just miss some options. I tried to inject themes but if I do it via the themes app, everything just crash and I have to reboot the switch

Versa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, it's my first time updating my Switch 8.1 FW on sysNAND. Is it safe to update it to 9.1 through ChoidujourNX even if the card that came with it is exFAT?

Unfortunately can't backup/switch to FAT32 at the moment.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m thinking About buying a open dock switch but not sure if third party docks really brick the switch. I read what docks supposedly bricked the switch back when the firmware was 5.0 but I’m not sure if that’s still the case. My switch is on 9.0.1 if that’s info is needed and backed up using hekate.
It has absolutely nothing to do with firmware. The release of firmware 5.0 and the bricks were simply a coincidence.

It has been ages after I installed Atmosphere.
System Version 3.00.00
Atmosphere 0.8.3

Requesting info for the following:
What are the steps to update Atmosphere?
Delete the Atmosphere folder on your SD card then place the new on your SD card.

The new Mario maker update with Link, what's the minimum firmware requirement?
Just check the requirement with a tool such as NSC_Builder or Backup Manager.

Hi guys, it's my first time updating my Switch 8.1 FW on sysNAND. Is it safe to update it to 9.1 through ChoidujourNX even if the card that came with it is exFAT?

Unfortunately can't backup/switch to FAT32 at the moment.
If the firmware version you are currently running supports exFAT, you can use an exFAT formatted SD card to run ChoiDujourNX to update your firmware although you should be really using FAT32 as exFAT can corrupt your SD card.

Reactions: Versa and Bowl0l

Tackskull

Trophies
XP
Country
France
My switch cfw, each time I run a game, is asking me to update the game even if is already updated via tinfoil. Even when I run tinfoil is asking to update it
I deactivate the auto update via system settings but it still do it. How can I deactivate this annoying thing?

chopaxepiece

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey all,

Right so my switch is now up and running and i've loaded it with a few games and their newest updates.
However one of them i cant seem to find anywhere online from trusted sources.

Is there a way to do it via a program in homebrew?

TIA

tommills

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a ipatched switch running atmosphere and emunand. Is it possible to run android on this? Anyone done this on ipatched switch?

Any help appreciated.

Versa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If the firmware version you are currently running supports exFAT, you can use an exFAT formatted SD card to run ChoiDujourNX to update your firmware although you should be really using FAT32 as exFAT can corrupt your SD card.

Thanks. Currently on 8.1 with exFAT sd so I guess that's supported. I assume the 9.1 update still supports exFAT? Do I only have to pick the exfat option on Choi?

Danethos86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ik it somewhere but cant find it.
i was able use nxbrowser on 9.4 atmosphere with custom dns .
when upgraded sd files to atmosphere to 10.1
i cant use browser due to supernag.
can i go back to 9.4 or is there way to get 10.1 working with a fix or something.
original console ( xaw1003980xxxx unpatched model )

Last edited by Danethos86,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all,

Right so my switch is now up and running and i've loaded it with a few games and their newest updates.
However one of them i cant seem to find anywhere online from trusted sources.

Is there a way to do it via a program in homebrew?

TIA
Use HBG and/or JITS.

I have a ipatched switch running atmosphere and emunand. Is it possible to run android on this? Anyone done this on ipatched switch?

Any help appreciated.
Yes, you can run Android on ipatched Switch systems that are on 4.1.0.

Thanks. Currently on 8.1 with exFAT sd so I guess that's supported. I assume the 9.1 update still supports exFAT? Do I only have to pick the exfat option on Choi?
You need to pick the exFAT option if you want exFAT support. That being said, it is recommended that you not use exFAT due to corruption issues. FAT32 is highly recommended.

can i go back to 9.4 or is there way to get 10.1 working with a fix or something.
Which system version are you on?

Reactions: Versa

Danethos86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
original console ( xaw1003980xxxx unpatched model )
Use HBG and/or JITS.

Yes, you can run Android on ipatched Switch systems that are on 4.1.0.

You need to pick the exFAT option if you want exFAT support. That being said, it is recommended that you not use exFAT due to corruption issues. FAT32 is highly recommended.

Which system version are you on?

think system console 9.01
and unpatched model system xaw1003980xxxx

issue is if knew 10.01 would break my apps wouldnt used it.
sense also had to downgrade my edizon and checkpoint sense nothing that uses 10.01 works while apps that use the title folder work.

also use atmosphere 9.4 for while no issues but just upgraded to new 10.1 version of atmosphere.

Last edited by Danethos86,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
think system console 9.01
and unpatched model system xaw1003980xxxx

issue is if knew 10.01 would break my apps wouldnt used it.
sense also had to downgrade my edizon and checkpoint sense nothing that uses 10.01 works while apps that use the title folder work.

also use atmosphere 9.4 for while no issues but just upgraded to new 10.1 version of atmosphere.
First, are you on 9.0.1, or are you on 9.1.0? If your issue is related to a browser nag, you might need to update to 9.1.0.

Next, there is no reason to downgrade Edizon or Checkpoint. What is the issue you're having with these apps? These apps work just fine with Atmosphere v0.10.1.

Danethos86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, are you on 9.0.1, or are you on 9.1.0? If your issue is related to a browser nag, you might need to update to 9.1.0.

Next, there is no reason to downgrade Edizon or Checkpoint. What is the issue you're having with these apps? These apps work just fine with Atmosphere v0.10.1.

well i know my system was 9.04ams or something like that all worked fine.

then new 10.1 atmosphere came out this month and all new apps made for 10.1 ams didnt work. so to get them working had to use older checkpoint and edizon nightly that used the title folder sense 10.1 now uses the content folder and that is not working right.
also browser patch wont work on 10.1 either but my old atmosphere 9.4 worked fine before updated sd files to new version atmosphere..

system says 9.01|ams 010.1]s
before said 9.04 ams

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i know my system was 9.04ams or something like that all worked fine.

then new 10.1 atmosphere came out this month and all new apps made for 10.1 ams didnt work. so to get them working had to use older checkpoint and edizon nightly that used the title folder sense 10.1 now uses the content folder and that is not working right.
also browser patch wont work on 10.1 either but my old atmosphere 9.4 worked fine before updated sd files to new version atmosphere..

system says 9.01|ams 010.1]s
before said 9.04 ams
Delete your homebrew apps and redownload the latest versions. Make sure you're using title override instead of using applet mode.

Danethos86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Delete your homebrew apps and redownload the latest versions. Make sure you're using title override instead of using applet mode.
think issue is not being able access the contents folders or something arising for missing steps in new firmware for atmosphere but dunno what did wrong. because the 9.4 everything worked fine but new one changed title folder.

plus dunno how to do clean install without destroying my sd files.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, :creep: