Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, everyone! It's been a while!

I never went online with my console, and have a couple of questions related to the registration process for Nintendo Switch Online (NSO).

As you may know, Twitch Prime is offering a 1-year subscription to NSO, and the deal expires tomorrow (September 24). Since I'm already signed up for Amazon Prime, I wanted to benefit from that promotion.

My Switch is a launch model that's still running firmware 1.0.0 on its SysNAND/OFW. I use SX OS, and the device is currently running 6.2.0 on the EmuNAND/CFW. A proper, clean backup was made before ever installing SX OS and updating the console (using ChoiDuJourNX, as to not burn any fuses).

The registration process for NSO must be completed on the Switch itself, using the eShop. From what I understand, to use the eShop, you need to be on the latest firmware, is that correct?

So, is there any way to update the SysNAND/OFW without burning any fuses? And, if so, would I be able to downgrade back to 1.0.0 later?

The idea is to go online without any risks (on SysNAND/OFW) and be able to run the eShop, as to complete the NSO registration process and have access to the NES and SNES games available, while still leaving the option open to revert to 1.0.0.
ChoiDujourNX is the easiest and most used method of updating without burning fuses because there is little to no margin for error and it is an extremely streamlined application. It accomplishes this by enabling AutoRCM after finishing the firmware installation preventing the stock bootloader from activating. However since it requires the usage of CFW & homebrew, it is not the safest in terms of a ban. There are other ways of updating your firmware without burning fuses though.

The second method involves updating the console with AutoRCM enabled while running CFW. You may have asked, "If AutoRCM can be used to prevent fuses from being burnt, why not just update with AutoRCM already enabled?" The reason that is not possible is because system updates normally remove AutoRCM. However free CFW can prevent this. Installing a system update with AutoRCM enabled while running a free CFW will not remove AutoRCM thus preventing your fuses from being burnt. But this still requires the usage of CFW which means it still has a chance to ban your console. There is one more method of updating without burning fuses.

The last way involves manually applying AutoRCM after the system installs the system update. There is technically a way to prevent the stock bootloader from burning fuses without CFW and that involves putting the console into RCM before it has the chance. This is the safest method in terms of a ban since RCM and AutoRCM are next to undetectable but it is also the most dangerous as failing to boot into RCM will burn your fuses. If you wish to try this method, I recommend following this guide.
@Draxzelex , what I did before the Switch stopped playing actual games from cartridges, was I installed a NSP file from goldleaf. I tried uninstalling the NSP file and the application and nothing changed.
Well what .NSP file did you install? And how did you uninstall it?

If I don't own a switch, is it extremely unlikely (as in not likely enough to even try) to be able to get a switch that can be cfw'd?
If you buy new, yes. If you buy used, then no.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is it possible to hack version 9.0 unpatched OLD Nintendo Switch ?
It does not matter what firmware version an unpatched console is on because Fusee Gelee is a hardware exploit, not a software one.

seany1990

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It does not matter what firmware version an unpatched console is on because Fusee Gelee is a hardware exploit, not a software one.

I know I am asking you a question you have just directly answered but I checked ebay and unpatched used consoles are not cheap so before I pull the trigger I need a guarantee on this.
8.0.1 on an unpatched console is still exploitable?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know I am asking you a question you have just directly answered but I checked ebay and unpatched used consoles are not cheap so before I pull the trigger I need a guarantee on this.
8.0.1 on an unpatched console is still exploitable?
There are plenty of cheap and used unpatched consoles on eBay if you know where to look. Protip: Search unpatced switch in Video Game Console, set Sort to Price + Shipping: lowest first, and filter to Buy It Now.

Is 9.0.0. hacked / ready for use? ^^
While there is 9.0 support with CFW, it is far from recommended to update to 9.0 now as not a lot of things are supported such as themes and most homebrew.

kruptah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My Switch will no longer boot into RCM.

What're the chances I need a new jig? I've already ordered one online and before you tell me to start putting paperclips in my switch just let me know is there's a way to confirm its the jig.

Thank you.

vampier206

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i have the Zelda awaking remake and when i launch it get a 2005-0005 error. This is a firmware limitation im running 7.0.1 and i assume i need 8.0 at least? How do i safely upgrade?

HI im on 7.0.1 trying to play the links awaking remake when i launch i receive 2005-0005 error. how do i safety upgrade to 8.0 i assume i need?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Switch will no longer boot into RCM.

What're the chances I need a new jig? I've already ordered one online and before you tell me to start putting paperclips in my switch just let me know is there's a way to confirm its the jig.

Thank you.
To test if its your jig, you will have to use something else to enter RCM and there are other items that can be utilized that do not involve paper clips. This thread has a full list of alternatives.

So i have the Zelda awaking remake and when i launch it get a 2005-0005 error. This is a firmware limitation im running 7.0.1 and i assume i need 8.0 at least? How do i safely upgrade?

HI im on 7.0.1 trying to play the links awaking remake when i launch i receive 2005-0005 error. how do i safety upgrade to 8.0 i assume i need?
Use the homebrew application ChoiDujourNX

vampier206

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To test if its your jig, you will have to use something else to enter RCM and there are other items that can be utilized that do not involve paper clips. This thread has a full list of alternatives.

Use the homebrew application ChoiDujourNX

Thats right, do i need to go all the way to 9.0.0?

Christian Rosado

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After installing HGB store with tinfoil I can no longer open Homebrew menu by holding R on album. (goes straight to pictures) However I can hold R on a game and open the homebrew menu. Is this normal? I tried dropping new kosmos/atmosphere files, but that ended up on corrupting tinfoil (as if some file is being replaced).

Teletron1

Space Tech Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what will 9.0 mean going forward with gamecart needing to be updated?
disable would cause a banned issue correct?

but this would only affect physical game carts correct so anything digital should be ok?

Is this more of a pain in the a$$ on lower firmwares with people trying to use a dual boot?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats right, do i need to go all the way to 9.0.0?
8.1 is the currently recommended firmware as no games require firmware 9.0 yet.
After installing HGB store with tinfoil I can no longer open Homebrew menu by holding R on album. (goes straight to pictures) However I can hold R on a game and open the homebrew menu. Is this normal? I tried dropping new kosmos/atmosphere files, but that ended up on corrupting tinfoil (as if some file is being replaced).
I would recommend removing DZ and just getting your games from somewhere else such as WarezNX since blawar's tools are not made with the scene in mind.

what will 9.0 mean going forward with gamecart needing to be updated?
disable would cause a banned issue correct?

but this would only affect physical game carts correct so anything digital should be ok?

Is this more of a pain in the a$$ on lower firmwares with people trying to use a dual boot?
All it means is that for people who wish to downgrade, they will either not be able to play cartridges on firmware versions below or above 9.0. Then again, if all of your games are digital, then this is nothing to worry about especially since we can convert cartridges to the digital format. The only possible downside is if a future exploit requires a lower firmware and a non-updated cartridge slot, then you are out of luck from using that exploit.

Reactions: Teletron1

Teletron1

Space Tech Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also in Tinfoil which I can't seem to get going

it spits out a mod_config.ini error, think it was about being able to read or locate (now in boots into environment corrupt again) so does the 16digit device id go where it states [device] or after Tag=16digit!

running 8.1 on 9.3 atmos unpatched system with fat32 emmu

Last edited by Teletron1,

Christian Rosado

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
8.1 is the currently recommended firmware as no games require firmware 9.0 yet.
I would recommend removing DZ and just getting your games from somewhere else such as WarezNX since blawar's tools are not made with the scene in mind.

All it means is that for people who wish to downgrade, they will either not be able to play cartridges on firmware versions below or above 9.0. Then again, if all of your games are digital, then this is nothing to worry about especially since we can convert cartridges to the digital format. The only possible downside is if a future exploit requires a lower firmware and a non-updated cartridge slot, then you are out of luck from using that exploit.

is the DZ and warez post meant for me? (with the whole HGB store deal)?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Normal sandwich bread is actually pretty good for sausage depends on length of course