Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

mesakagi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • Firstly, let’s explain exactly what AutoRCM is. In order to get CFW working on your Switch, you must enter RCM and push a payload, which can be quite a pain in the ass depending on what method you are using to bridge the pins on the right Joycon rail. AutoRCM alleviates this by having your Switch boot directly into RCM. This can be healthier for the Switch as you won’t be tinkering with the Joycon rail on each boot. However, you will be unable to boot your Switch unless you send a payload to it on each boot. If you turn your Switch off periodically and occasionally would like to boot into OFW (Original Firmware), it’s probably best that you leave AutoRCM behind. However, if you are just interested in running only CFW and do not want to tinker with your Joycon rail on each boot, AutoRCM is for you!
If you have autorcm on and you don't charge your switch and it goes flat then you need to leave it plugged into the AC charger for a while* (from what I've seen about 60minutes) before you can reboot the console and re-enter RCM before charging normally...

AFAIK Hekate is the only way to properly shutdown with AutoRCM.

Thank you for this indepth response

ibds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi I have a switch on fw 5.1 sxos 1.9 currently account unlinked. Not banned yet. Never used homebrew, installed two games nsp in the past.. but didnt play them and already deleted..

I have a lot legit games and i'd like to play them online and dont lose my saves.. splatton an mk8..

My question is.. do you recomment me to update the ofw to 6.0 assign my account use nintendo's cloud backup.. I'll continue using cfw and ofw for online and legit games (should I also use the fake emunand for this? I heard it may increase the chance of ban).. if nintendo one day bans me, will I be able to use my account and cloud saves in another console for online?

Or maybe I should buy a new console and do a system transfer with users and saves.. and use the second one for legit games and online... ? if I do this.. will I have risk of ban on the second console.. since I transfering from a hacked one?

Thanks

lickwid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought a 2nd Switch for tinkering and it happened to come with FW 3.0. I did a clear and reset, and backed up my NAND last night. Still need to pull the Biskeys. I'm assuming I should try to keep it on this FW? I have my main one on 6.0 for online gaming and such. Thanks.

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I just bought a 2nd Switch for tinkering and it happened to come with FW 3.0. I did a clear and reset, and backed up my NAND last night. Still need to pull the Biskeys. I'm assuming I should try to keep it on this FW? I have my main one on 6.0 for online gaming and such. Thanks.

Has your main one touched CFW?

As for keeping it on 3.0, if you want a chance at cold/warmboot hax but still want to play newer games update using choiNX

konamicode89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you let your battery drain all the way with rcm how long does it take to power it back on?
my switch is not turning on and my does not recognize any connection, however the dock does blink when I put the tablet inside
perhaps if it doesn't work anymore maybe send it to ninty for repairs?

lickwid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has your main one touched CFW?

As for keeping it on 3.0, if you want a chance at cold/warmboot hax but still want to play newer games update using choiNX

Yes, my main one tried ReiNX for a couple of days offline, but I restored my original NAND backup right after. Planning to keep 1st one clean now, but obviously I may have exposed myself, though unlikely. I'll look into ChoiNX for my 2nd Switch.

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yes, my main one tried ReiNX for a couple of days offline, but I restored my original NAND backup right after. Planning to keep 1st one clean now, but obviously I may have exposed myself, though unlikely. I'll look into ChoiNX for my 2nd Switch.

Yea okay first still has that risk, though if you want to have your first as your cfw switch and the second as the official if it hasnt touched cfw yet at all

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you let your battery drain all the way with rcm how long does it take to power it back on?
my switch is not turning on and my does not recognize any connection, however the dock does blink when I put the tablet inside
perhaps if it doesn't work anymore maybe send it to ninty for repairs?
I've heard it might take at least an hour.

KJ1

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Can someone explain me know what are the issues with AutoRCM, the battery ones/Switch not turning off properly? Or, those issues are not there anymore?
Thanks for replying!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone explain me know what are the issues with AutoRCM, the battery ones/Switch not turning off properly? Or, those issues are not there anymore?
Thanks for replying!
Basically AutoRCM reduces the charge rate in RCM which is not an issue unless you mistakenly turn off the console from Horizon believing its off when in facts its not. A console with AutoRCM installed will reboot into RCM whenever it is powered off or rebooted from Horizon. The only way to turn off a console with AutoRCM installed is to power it off from RCM. Some acceptable methods include holding the power button for 12 seconds (manual shutdown) or using Hekate's Power Off function (since Hekate is loaded in RCM).

Reactions: KJ1

KJ1

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Basically AutoRCM reduces the charge rate in RCM which is not an issue unless you mistakenly turn off the console from Horizon believing its off when in facts its not. A console with AutoRCM installed will reboot into RCM whenever it is powered off or rebooted from Horizon. The only way to turn off a console with AutoRCM installed is to power it off from RCM. Some acceptable methods include holding the power button for 12 seconds (manual shutdown) or using Hekate's Power Off function (since Hekate is loaded in RCM).
Thanks for replying!

1. So, basically, if I keep my Switch in sleep mode, I will be fine, right?
2. Lets say the Switch's battery drains up completely, so, will I be able to recharge it normally?
3. Also, by turning off using Hekate's Power Off function, I would have to push its payload first, right?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for replying!

1. So, basically, if I keep my Switch in sleep mode, I will be fine, right?
2. Lets say the Switch's battery drains up completely, so, will I be able to recharge it normally?
3. Also, by turning off using Hekate's Power Off function, I would have to push its payload first, right?
  1. Sleep mode is recommended if you do not wish to turn it off
  2. You will not be able to recharge it normally since you will be charging in RCM and AutoRCM reduces the charge rate in RCM. It will charge but much slower than usual
  3. Correct

Reactions: KJ1

KJ1

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Last edited by KJ1,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat