Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

cawalls_deep

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will a full nand backup/restore replace any trace of cfw and homebrew if the nand was backed up before using any homebrew? Also if the console was updated will the original nand work anymore? I read something about burning fuses. One last question, Is there a homebrew web browser or do you still have to do the Wi-Fi trick?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will a full nand backup/restore replace any trace of cfw and homebrew if the nand was backed up before using any homebrew? Also if the console was updated will the original nand work anymore? I read something about burning fuses. One last question, Is there a homebrew web browser or do you still have to do the Wi-Fi trick?
While we don't know the answer to that, theoretically it is the safest way of going online thus far. The only reason we are unsure is because its possible that their may be ban-worthy data stored outside of the NAND but again, we do not know at the current time. The firmware of the NAND that is restored must match the number of fuses currently burnt on that system. If not, then you must boot into RCM to use a bootloader that will bypass the fuse check (hence why downgrading to a firmware lower than the number of fuses burnt is pointless). Lastly, while there is no homebrew-based web browser, there are plans to make one. You can follow progress here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/my-web-browser-project-for-nintendo-switch.510286/

Reactions: cawalls_deep

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
excuse me for shameless bump ^_^

You should just be able to follow the already existing guides for layeredfs installation, and use a game you already have as a donor

it's a new switch, so I haven't downloaded any games

can I use cart games instead?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
excuse me for shameless bump ^_^

it's a new switch, so I haven't downloaded any games

can I use cart games instead?
Someone reportedly got DevMenu working with Bayonetta 2 as a .XCI

how much space does a nand baackup take up?
29.1 GB

Will running just homebrew such as Retroarch be secure from bans now or ever? Please quote or @ me so I see the reply.
No homebrew or hacks will ever be 100% secure from bans

Reactions: Garou

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks, and by that do you mean that not only cart games but also emulated cart on SX OS can be used as donor? that's even better
Yes and Super Mario Odyssey has been reported to be working as well. Although I think SX OS LayeredFS only works on 5.1 since people are reporting problems on lower firmware (e.g. 4.X)

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes and Super Mario Odyssey has been reported to be working as well. Although I think SX OS LayeredFS only works on 5.1 since people are reporting problems on lower firmware (e.g. 4.X)
ouch, I'm planning to stay on 4.1.0 :(
oh well, no DevMenu for me then, at least not for now :D

ZanderX420

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ty drax ur very friendly and always able to answer my questions. Ty ty ty

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Drax when i try to add sx pro to cart on switchsx.com it wont add it to cart.

Reactions: Draxzelex

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ty drax ur very friendly and always able to answer my questions. Ty ty ty

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Drax when i try to add sx pro to cart on switchsx.com it wont add it to cart.
Seems like its out of stock from that reseller. I also checked some of the resellers from their official website and some of them do list it as out of stock but others do seem to carry it. Anyways, I think one of these should be fine if TX themselves advertise these sites: https://team-xecuter.com/where-to-buy/

TLNiles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
So, I've been curious but kinda not being able to google anything as of now on topic I got interest in.
I know that 3DS had NFC homebrew to write NFC data on tags using reader integrated into console or NFC reader/writer that you would purchase separately. Same stuff that goes for some of Android mobile devices. I wonder - since Switch has NFC reader, was there any work been going in making read-write homebrew to utilize it, so you would make NFC backups or write the data on tags?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I've been curious but kinda not being able to google anything as of now on topic I got interest in.
I know that 3DS had NFC homebrew to write NFC data on tags using reader integrated into console or NFC reader/writer that you would purchase separately. Same stuff that goes for some of Android mobile devices. I wonder - since Switch has NFC reader, was there any work been going in making read-write homebrew to utilize it, so you would make NFC backups or write the data on tags?
Seems like there was progress trying to be made on that front in this thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/amiibo-tag-flasher-from-the-switch-itself.509685/ Granted its been nearly a week and nothing new has been posted but this is so far the only effort I have seen made for this type of homebrew.

Reactions: TLNiles

TLNiles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, but is it much less likely? I'm really not in the scene right now, so I have no idea what is the primary source from bans at the moment.
So far, I can say with confidence there is about one ban with homebrew only. All other bans involved using SX OS with and without homebrew or LayeredFS. This can change in the future however this is what the current situation is like.

Lcfr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Hello,

So, I bought an SX OS Pro for my Switch. I followed the guide everything went ok and works as intended. I'm using AutoRCM for the convenience of it. For two straight days, when I power down my console at night, I wake up the next morning and the battery is completely drained. Am I doing something wrong here? Maybe the AutoRCM feature drains the battery?

I should note, that I'm powering down the console completely from the power button and not on sleep mode. Last night when i powered it down the battery was at 40%, and this morning was fully drained.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by Lcfr,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol