Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Bwi3wi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone,

I recently upgraded my old v1 to an OLED and am considering getting a modchip installed to get cfw back. Don't know much in the modchip area and am kind of unsure of what to purchase to have installed. I know that RP2040 mini boards are often used for installs, but I also came across this RP2040 board and am unsure of the consensus on it:

1 Set For NS Switch For Switch Lite For Switch Oled Cable For Hwfly Core Or SX Core Chip
(It won't let me post the link, but it's on Aliexpress and has a bit over 300 sold and 4.9 star rating)

If someone could explain the differences and give recommendations of what hardware to buy for the person installing it that would be super helpful. Also, after a modchip is installed do they eventually fail in some way or another and need to be re-seated or will a good install last indefinitely for the most part?

Thanks!

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone,

I recently upgraded my old v1 to an OLED and am considering getting a modchip installed to get cfw back. Don't know much in the modchip area and am kind of unsure of what to purchase to have installed. I know that RP2040 mini boards are often used for installs, but I also came across this RP2040 board and am unsure of the consensus on it:

1 Set For NS Switch For Switch Lite For Switch Oled Cable For Hwfly Core Or SX Core Chip
(It won't let me post the link, but it's on Aliexpress and has a bit over 300 sold and 4.9 star rating)

If someone could explain the differences and give recommendations of what hardware to buy for the person installing it that would be super helpful. Also, after a modchip is installed do they eventually fail in some way or another and need to be re-seated or will a good install last indefinitely for the most part?

Thanks!

For OLED you need either Picofly, or HWFLY OLED, Instinct-NX V6, or RP2040 OLED, they are chip that work with OLED, RP 2040 is basically Picofly in cleaner chip form.

RedMilan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belize
I have the problem that after instinct install the controllers wont' work wirlessly. After Initial setup with atmosphere it works but when i boot to ofw and back to atmospehere i wont whats this issue`??

Bwi3wi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For OLED you need either Picofly, or HWFLY OLED, Instinct-NX V6, or RP2040 OLED, they are chip that work with OLED, RP 2040 is basically Picofly in cleaner chip form.
Thank you! Are there specific DAT0 adapters I should purchase as well? I've read what the OAT0 adapters have been giving people trouble so I'm not sure if there are other ones that have issues with them.

Gonax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Performing a system update in OFW removes AutoRCM which is why none of your devices recognize your console in RCM because AutoRCM is gone. You need to manually enable RCM again with your jig or equivalent item.

Don't follow that guide. Its not very good. I highly suggest following this guide instead.

Your assumption is indeed correct. This one game/application is used to allow users to enter the homebrew menu with more RAM. However, its only useful if you're not pirating because if you are, you can just install any .NSP online to achieve the same effect. It also does not matter whether you do it in CFW or OFW because the title will be there in both but you should not go online to the eShop in CFW unless you want to risk getting banned.
I solved the problem after countless tries of turning of the console, the only time that worked for me was when i reinstalled the driver for tegrarcm.

I wanted to ask, is it safe if I swap the sd card with other one that I own while Im on hekate?

Dandan0404

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
updated my 2.67 picofly to 2.74. had some yellow light so went back to 2.67. now my EMUMMC has error

failed to apply emummc
failed to launch hos.

need help

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I solved the problem after countless tries of turning of the console, the only time that worked for me was when i reinstalled the driver for tegrarcm.

I wanted to ask, is it safe if I swap the sd card with other one that I own while Im on hekate?
Yes, you can change SD cards while you are in the Hekate menu.

alex3137

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Someone tried to mod my OLED switch with HWFLY and is getting this issue. Any idea ?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Video 2023-06-17 at 21.34.50.mp4
    5.2 MB

B_1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone help me, just updated to 16.0.3 with atmosphere 1.5.3, ive been trying to install this nsp file through different means such as nut, awoo installer, ns-usbloader, and dbi and the screen is black when starting up. i updated my sigpatches and checked the integrity. is it on me or the file is bad ?

Attachments

• IMG_3079.jpg
    IMG_3079.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 33

Nezuh

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Good morning everyone :D
TLDR: Is it better for a beginner to try microsoldering with microscope or to try solder paste (Hwfly on Mariko)?

The thing is, I can't get anyone willing to solder the flex to my CPU (let alone do the whole mod) in the area where I live. I've been looking for a month and everyone refuses because they never did it.

However, the only breakthrough I had is that a friend of a friend has the necessary equipment. The catch is that I should do it myself.

I don't have much experience beyond soldering wires with tin and fixing some DS4s. Although I trust my pulse, I am afraid of touching or knock over any of the others small components (I believe these are capacitors) on top of the CPU.

That's why I was thinking of using solder paste instead. I would just need to set it in place, and blow hot air over it, I think it would be more noob friendly. However, I have no experience with that either...
I saw someone on reddit who managed to use solder paste for this very thing btw (imgur. com /a/kYs27sm/)

What do you think? Microsoldering or solder paste for a first timer?

dj2muchxx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello, looking for advice .
V1 switch was running system version 10.0.4 (wifi/BT not working, so I never updated the stock firmware) and installed atmosphere version 1.5.3 worked fine for a week.

I can still boot in Hekate but CFW/ Stock doesnt boot, stuck on the black screen with white Nintendo Switch logo.
I used the guide on nh-server (DOT) github (DOT) io/switch-guide/

I tried restoring my backup but it didnt fix it.

Next im going to follow the guide from switch( DOT) homebrew (DOT) guide

any ideas what might be the problem?

RubyRoid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
Guess it's a paperweight now. Uninstalled the chip, the console doesn't show anything on the screen when I press Power button or insert the charger.
I was actually able to fix it!

Reinstalled the chip with better wiring, replaced resistors on CMD and DAT0 lines with 100 Ohm ones, which fixed the slow eMMC warnings, and performed NAND rebuild which fixed the pkg1 error.

Attachments

• IMG_5506.jpeg
    IMG_5506.jpeg
    112.6 KB · Views: 30

notbald

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Quick question, can i update Hekate from hekate usb tools? Or i need to turn off my switch and update files from SD? Just in case to do it correctly..,.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Quick question, can i update Hekate from hekate usb tools? Or i need to turn off my switch and update files from SD? Just in case to do it correctly..,.
Absolutely, you can update Hekate from the previous version's USB Tools. Then you can reboot to the new version. I always update this way. Can't remember the last time I took out the SD card.

Reactions: notbald

Dandan0404

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Been using picofly modchip 2.67 and so far good success and glitch always.

Updated to 2.74 and it work fined for a day until today. Turning on switch would INSTANTLY BOOT TO OFW and split second the glitch success (but of course its too late). I don't want to open the switch anymore. Is there a way to fix this?

blickbox

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have an old Switch and use the SX dongle to boot it. I'm migrating to Atmosphere and have some questions:

1. With XCI, I simply moved the .xci file in and out of the SD card whenever I needed it. How does installing NSP work? (e.g excactly waht does "install" do?) Do files just install in a folder on the SD card, and can later be easily moved out of the card? Or do I need to uninstall when I don't want it more, and reinstall it again when I want it?

2. What is the latest firmware it's safe to update to?

3. I'm buying a new SD card. What are the recommended SD specifications, and is it a really bad idea to format as exFAT? Seems most games are larger than 4GB, causing much work with splitting.

4. Are there any obvious better solutions than using the SX Pro dongle? My only issue with it is that when I don't use the switch, battery drains, and it turns off... and then needs to charge for a very long time before I can wake it with the dongle again.

Last edited by blickbox,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone help me, just updated to 16.0.3 with atmosphere 1.5.3, ive been trying to install this nsp file through different means such as nut, awoo installer, ns-usbloader, and dbi and the screen is black when starting up. i updated my sigpatches and checked the integrity. is it on me or the file is bad ?
I can see you haven't tried TinWoo Installer. Its what I personally use and I have no issues. Try using that to see if the issue persists.
hello, looking for advice .
V1 switch was running system version 10.0.4 (wifi/BT not working, so I never updated the stock firmware) and installed atmosphere version 1.5.3 worked fine for a week.

I can still boot in Hekate but CFW/ Stock doesnt boot, stuck on the black screen with white Nintendo Switch logo.
I used the guide on nh-server (DOT) github (DOT) io/switch-guide/

I tried restoring my backup but it didnt fix it.

Next im going to follow the guide from switch( DOT) homebrew (DOT) guide

any ideas what might be the problem?
Have you tried a factory reset?
I have an old Switch and use the SX dongle to boot it. I'm migrating to Atmosphere and have some questions:

1. With XCI, I simply moved the .xci file in and out of the SD card whenever I needed it. How does installing NSP work? (e.g excactly waht does "install" do?) Do files just install in a folder on the SD card, and can later be easily moved out of the card? Or do I need to uninstall when I don't want it more, and reinstall it again when I want it?

2. What is the latest firmware it's safe to update to?

3. I'm buying a new SD card. What are the recommended SD specifications, and is it a really bad idea to format as exFAT? Seems most games are larger than 4GB, causing much work with splitting.

4. Are there any obvious better solutions than using the SX Pro dongle? My only issue with it is that when I don't use the switch, battery drains, and it turns off... and then needs to charge for a very long time before I can wake it with the dongle again.
  1. Installing an .NSP file is the same process as downloading it from the eShop; you are just "downloading" it offline. In both scenarios, you unpack the .NSP file into the individual .NCA files then place them into the /nintendo folder. And in both scenarios, its not something that can be simply moved out of the card without uninstalling. Then once you uninstall it, you must reinstall it again when you want it
  2. Depends on your definition of safe. CFW works on the latest firmware version but not all homebrew apps have been updated. Also if you want to hold out on an untethered coldboot exploit, you cannot update past firmware 3.X. Lastly, if you want to hold onto any usage of SX OS, you cannot use any firmware higher than 11.0
  3. Just don't buy a fake SD card which is a lot easier said than done. The general rule of thumb is that if the deal is too good to be true, then it usually is. In layman's terms, if the price difference for one brand/reseller is bigger compared to the rest, then that means something is up. Also exFAT is a really bad idea because it can corrupt your SD card unlike FAT32. There are also ways of bypassing the 4 GB limit without splitting such as wireless or USB installations
  4. You could always install a modchip inside the console
Is there in development a Hack Exploit, or will be possible that in the future for the Nintendo Switch OLED?

or HWFLY and PicoFly or anyother Modchip is the only way we will have?
Leading hacking expert of the Switch and developer of Atmosphere SciresM has poured over 500 hours into finding another exploit and has come up empty. No other person has publicly stated they are working on an exploit.

[Truth]

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Migrate EmuNAND from v1 to OLED Switch.

Hi, what are my options to migrate the EmuNAND of my old Switch to my new one?
I know I can transfer all my saves via JKSV and dump all my games to nsp.
But what about my profile with playtimes, playcount etc.?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ShinyLuxio @ ShinyLuxio:
    @BigOnYa thanks but my question isn't there
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You ask your questions there, create a new thread if its not already answered, then eventually a 3ds genius will respond.
  • ShinyLuxio @ ShinyLuxio:
    I will, thanks
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No prob and btw, welcome to gbatemp! :grog:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 I got some cheapies at wallys, that are pretty good, already have lost a few expensive ones (one falls out and gone, can't find) while cutting grass so bought some cheap ones, and of course never lose these cheap ones. (Cheap meaning only $35, compared to air buds which I only have 1 of 2 now)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They need to add air tags to they airbuds..
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @BigOnYa the airtags are bigger than the airpods, they won't fit
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Be cool tech tho. Of course they want to lose them anyways. Buy and buy again.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Apple could make a find my AirPods thing pretty easily
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You would think, esp using bluetooth, not GPS, like a "your getting hot-er" meter on your phone.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think they should tie up diddy, and let all the victims come and abuse him, we'll make a holiday of it every year. (jk, maybe)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm starting to sound like a Tck Gonna cut myself off.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's not 4th of July yet
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It is in India.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wow, only $700?
  • SnowStormAkikaze @ SnowStormAkikaze:
    Hey :)
    If I book mark the topic where can I read them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with the profile icon highlighted at the top, and the "bookmarks" banner next to it in gray. Click on that icon and you'll get a list of your bookmarks.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Banners we don't need no stinking banners! Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [bans you for not taking a bath] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Who bans the banners?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I just did
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just did