Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

DawnWorkout

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Hi, everyone here.
I have a lot of confusion about the flex cable soldering point during the picofly installation process.
I've seen several videos, but I think each individual has a different way of soldering.
Solder the third pin in the direction of the triangle sign
Someone soldered the 3rd or 4th pin at once.
Does anyone know this part well?
I attach a picture for accurate understanding.

flex1.JPG

flex2.JPG

provato

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
download atmosphere and edit the override_config.ini from the config_templates folder and then put it in the config folder which is inside the Atmosphere folder
Any guide for editing this .ini file?
and also what about tinfoil which is installed next to other games?

EDIT: I found the guide here ->
https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/At...features/configurations.md#override_configini

But how can I use a button combo like pressing simultaneously R+L+ZR+ZL (which is more complex for a child to achieve) to go into hbmenu?

Last edited by provato,

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Gonax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
So I charged a backup of my switch when it was on fimware 14.1.0 (I was already on version 16.0.3 without the rebootles update beforehand) and when I entered emummc, it updated when opening a game to 14.1.1 because the download of that finware was already finished, after that, I used daybreak on emummc to update to the fimware 16.0.3 rebootless update.
Thinking the system was already updated to the latest fimware, I went to OFW and there I saw a fimware update already downloaded in system settings, when I open a game again and select update console, then the system rebooted, but after that it doesn't seem to turn on or recognized as rcm deviced anymore.

I already tried entering to hekate (I had Auto-rcm enabled beforehand) but neither of my pcs recognized it as a rcm device anymore, even if I hold the power button for more than 15s and tried connecting it to my pc again or use the jig while pressing power up and volumen up, the console is not recognized as rcm device, I also installed the drivers on tegrarcmgui (the program I use to inject payloads) but it also didn't solve the problem, I had the atmosphere folder to 1.54 and the hekate to v6.04, so ¿What do you guys think the problem is?

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
dont know where to ask, but i have an OLED Switch with a HWFLY. I combined mods for Pokemon S/V. on RyujiNX they work, but on my switch they Crash...somehow.... my game is 1.3.1 and mods are updated....i dont kow what to do

V1x0r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone. Hardcore newb mistakes were made.
Goal:
I'd like to bypass either the need for the SD card..maybe using usb. Or, bypassing the "micro" pins on the board...

Background Story:
My sd card was intermittently disabled when lightly pressing on the back of the stand. This made me think there was something slightly disconnected. I opened it up, made sure the cable mount was properly seated, and still no avail. I reseated and then it stopped working entirely.

I ordered a new internal card reader only to find it was actually a pin on the receptacle for the SD reader.

Some Google-foo guided me to a video for removal and reinstall. I acquired all the parts and went from there.

Unfortunately.....in the process it seems that I shortened a couple of the connection lines for the main board to connect to the new receptacle. I believe either 2 or 3. (I'd have to go double check).

Thoughts:
I know I can mount to the remaining points. Bypassing the damaged connections seems rather straightforward due to several factors on the board. But, I'd rather bypass this entirely where plausible. Since type C adapters and type c flash media is pretty standard these days...it would be great to go this route.

Last resort:
I'd rather avoid this but if required I can go acquisition an oled and use the picofly. Preferably I'd rather save the money. But at this point....may be the only option.

Sorry for the blurry photo, the old connector...is missing the pin on the bottom left.

Attachments

• IMG20230614211457.jpg
    IMG20230614211457.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 13

whitey99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, i was trying to load atmosphere and it says Failed to load package3, but it's using Fusee.bin
I followed the Rentry Emummc guide,
but it wont work

whitey99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone,

I wish to restore my backup made with hekate, before CFW. However, when I try to run restore eMMC BOOT0 BOOT1, I get
00: BOOT0
Error (4) file not found. Continuing...
Failed!

01: BOOT1
Failed!

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone,

I wish to restore my backup made with hekate, before CFW. However, when I try to run restore eMMC BOOT0 BOOT1, I get
00: BOOT0
Failed!

01: BOOT1
Failed!
it can't find your boot0/1

whitey99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure the boot0/boot1 are in the restore folder if you want to do a nand restore also boot0/boot1 have to match with the firmware it was backed up with.
Thanks! It helped!
Post automatically merged:

Make sure the boot0/boot1 are in the restore folder if you want to do a nand restore also boot0/boot1 have to match with the firmware it was backed up with.
Oh and BTW..
I tried restoring RAW GPP, but it says restore folder is empty.
Do i do the same as what i need to do on the BOOT0-BOOT1?

Reactions: Hayato213

Liquid4653

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

Was wondering if some of the wiser members here could help with a query I have please,

A lot of Switch guides say that you have to install at least one game/application at the very beginning of the CFW process, be it a physical one or from the e-store. I notice a lot of the time Youtube is used.

I would like to understand why?, and also, should this be done in OFW or CFW?

The general gist I got is that this is done so that you can hit right shoulder button to enable full memory use on the item you want to launch. Is this correct?

Many thanks in advance.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I charged a backup of my switch when it was on fimware 14.1.0 (I was already on version 16.0.3 without the rebootles update beforehand) and when I entered emummc, it updated when opening a game to 14.1.1 because the download of that finware was already finished, after that, I used daybreak on emummc to update to the fimware 16.0.3 rebootless update.
Thinking the system was already updated to the latest fimware, I went to OFW and there I saw a fimware update already downloaded in system settings, when I open a game again and select update console, then the system rebooted, but after that it doesn't seem to turn on or recognized as rcm deviced anymore.

I already tried entering to hekate (I had Auto-rcm enabled beforehand) but neither of my pcs recognized it as a rcm device anymore, even if I hold the power button for more than 15s and tried connecting it to my pc again or use the jig while pressing power up and volumen up, the console is not recognized as rcm device, I also installed the drivers on tegrarcmgui (the program I use to inject payloads) but it also didn't solve the problem, I had the atmosphere folder to 1.54 and the hekate to v6.04, so ¿What do you guys think the problem is?
Performing a system update in OFW removes AutoRCM which is why none of your devices recognize your console in RCM because AutoRCM is gone. You need to manually enable RCM again with your jig or equivalent item.
So, i was trying to load atmosphere and it says Failed to load package3, but it's using Fusee.bin
I followed the Rentry Emummc guide,
but it wont work
Don't follow that guide. Its not very good. I highly suggest following this guide instead.
Hi everyone,

Was wondering if some of the wiser members here could help with a query I have please,

A lot of Switch guides say that you have to install at least one game/application at the very beginning of the CFW process, be it a physical one or from the e-store. I notice a lot of the time Youtube is used.

I would like to understand why?, and also, should this be done in OFW or CFW?

The general gist I got is that this is done so that you can hit right shoulder button to enable full memory use on the item you want to launch. Is this correct?

Many thanks in advance.
Your assumption is indeed correct. This one game/application is used to allow users to enter the homebrew menu with more RAM. However, its only useful if you're not pirating because if you are, you can just install any .NSP online to achieve the same effect. It also does not matter whether you do it in CFW or OFW because the title will be there in both but you should not go online to the eShop in CFW unless you want to risk getting banned.

waz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was mistaken, I actually used daybreak. Think I attempted to use AIO before but like you said its garbo. Anyways, for this problem specifically though I had successfully updated and everything was going fine, but I let the battery die and had to charge from AutoRCM for a bit.. then boom this issue.
Had been following suchmememanyskill's mmc rebuild guide up until I couldn't get EmmcHaccGen to work. There a different guide you recommend for rebuilding?

No dice
Seems like letting the battery die is causing my emummc to corrupt... this has happened twice now. This a known issue?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: j