Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was 42000000007E51A (number of 0s might varry, any idea what program it is? It was part of the SD configuration programs.
Tesla
What data would I lose from a factory reset? Just the profiles and and save data on the Sysnand?
Well profiles, save data, and any installed content including games, DLC, as well as updates.
Yo, I've been trying to boot into CFW (I was able to do it at a friend's house) and for some reason the attached screen always pops up. When I install drivers, my device disconnects and reconnects, and I have to boot Tegra all over again. How do I fix this and actually enable myself to inject payloads?

View attachment 365153
Don't use TegraRCMGUI. Use TegraRCMSmash instead. Also, you are missing the APX drivers. Follow these directions on how to install them.
What's the best way to check if your console is banned?
Try loading the eShop.

Reactions: Youser and ganons

arianlilnasx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TegraRCMSmash isn't working out (however, I might just be stupid). I believe I followed the directions on the drivers as exactly as I could, but again it isn't working.

mattmc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hoping for some advice on selling an unpatched launch Switch unit. Mostly I'm not sure how to price it because of a number of factors:

- Original backplate eventually fell apart, replaced it with one of those eXtremeRate atomic purple deals.
- Original battery was replaced with an HAC-003 replacement bought on Amazon.
- SD card slot board was replaced with a part bought from iFixIt.
- There's a few scratches in the digitizer deep enough to affect display. I tried to buff them out once but no dice.
- The plastic teeth over the vent aren't in good shape, with one of them gone, and the foam filter fell out at some point.

How much should these things affect the price I sell it at? Should I sell the tablet with its joycons, considering that I never sent the left one in for the conductive foam repair?

Sorry if this wasn't the best place to ask. Thanks in advance for any help.

Gilgamashu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hello. So a few days ago, I have finally modded my switch lite. I asked someone to do the soldering. . .

Anyway, I want to ask. Can I boot atmosphere to sysnand so I can play my legit copy of games but with 60fps mods. I don't plan to go online, just honestly want to play with my current saves at 60fps.
Then, reboot to ofw right after I'm done.

How likely will I get a console ban with this?

Edit: like Persona 5 Royal or BoTW

Last edited by Gilgamashu,

nubnub

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I hope this information helps others that have bought an HWFLY Core V5 that came with "V5(sx firmware) special firmware":

Since I always feel an inner urge to keep firmware and software up to date, I mustered up all my courage yesterday and performed an bootloader and firmware update via USB to hwfly-nx 0.7.2.

In the process, I encountered various problems.
First, the PC did not find a new serial device. This problem has solved by USB cable number 3.
Then the flash process did not work. After flashing the new bootloader write and read errors were displayed. The firmware itself could not be flashed because of the error "spacecraft-nx dfu not found". This was probably due to the fact that during the process the chip is first connected as COM3, but during the flashing of the bootloader it changes to COM4. The remedy was not to connect the chip directly to the PC, but to an USB hub instead.
Now everything is up to date.

Positive side effect: the file partialaes.keys is now also complete after retrieving the Mariko keys with Lockpick_RCM. There are no more errors like "failed to validate keyslot 0".

Conclusion: yes, there were a few hiccups with the process, but in the end, the update to hwfly-nx 0.7.2 was worth it. Glitching is super fast.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TegraRCMSmash isn't working out (however, I might just be stupid). I believe I followed the directions on the drivers as exactly as I could, but again it isn't working.
What exactly isn't working?
Hello. So a few days ago, I have finally modded my switch lite. I asked someone to do the soldering. . .

Anyway, I want to ask. Can I boot atmosphere to sysnand so I can play my legit copy of games but with 60fps mods. I don't plan to go online, just honestly want to play with my current saves at 60fps.
Then, reboot to ofw right after I'm done.

How likely will I get a console ban with this?

Edit: like Persona 5 Royal or BoTW
Any usage of CFW and/or homebrew can lead to a ban. Furthermore, usage of CFW and/or homebrew persists even after the console is turned off so just because you boot OFW after using CFW doesn't make you safe from a ban.

Gilgamashu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
What exactly isn't working?

Any usage of CFW and/or homebrew can lead to a ban. Furthermore, usage of CFW and/or homebrew persists even after the console is turned off so just because you boot OFW after using CFW doesn't make you safe from a ban.
I see. . . So I guess the safest route is only use cfw on emummc like everyone says. And only do it on sysmmc if you accept the fact that you'll get ban any moment after you do it.

DerBreManaar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I found this reddit tho saying that they have the same problem. I tried it with fusee.bin as they said but not working. Is there away for me to get to my zelda botw game saves and save them on my sd card without entering emummc? I would be okay with completely starting over emummc if i can at least save my game saves and use them to continue playing later.

Dothackjhe

"Joker"
Trophies
Website
wroiters.wixsite.com
XP
Country
Philippines
Is there a homebrew that lets us users check the overall integrity of everything installed on the handheld?

I recently upgraded to a legit SanDisk Ultra 1Tb micro-SD card from a Lexar 512Gb one, but while I was transferring the 400Gb+ files to the new micro-SD card, I had two instances where the system simply would not copy something to the new memory card. I was able to identify one of the two titles that did not copy over properly, but I missed the other one completely. The only way I'd know what other game was faulty is to try every single game installed on my Switch, which would be inconvenient.

Kallim

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yo, I've been trying to boot into CFW (I was able to do it at a friend's house) and for some reason the attached screen always pops up. When I install drivers, my device disconnects and reconnects, and I have to boot Tegra all over again. How do I fix this and actually enable myself to inject payloads?

View attachment 365153
Try restarting pc. If that doesn't work delete the usb drivers from device manager and let windows redetect them.

DennisGa

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hi there,

first of all thanks information shared across the board. I learned a lot and managed to finish modding my switch with picofly without any experience, and used a HATS image for the start
I did this mostly out of curiosity and the idea to use moonlight.

While reading and getting into the topic of switch "hacking" i may want to try linux or android as well and some game modifications.

During my journey i gathered few questions maybe u can help me out.

1. My first understanding auf emummc was/is that it is an image of my emmc that I can modify as I like with the comfort of an internet connection. The serial number is altered, what can go wrong?
I assumed using nintendos online service won't work anyway in this configuration.

As I read, this doesn't seem to be right... What did I miss?

2. The same, with the sysnand serial number altered, nothing can happen...
This seem to be false as well.
So why use CFW on Sysnand at all? If i dont take advantage of the CFW, i would use the OFW for online activities. I dont get it.

3. What i got is, im only safe not connecting to the internet on emummc. So best case no connection at all. What is kind of annoying since u cant use the homebro appstore, exchange files, or in my case using moonlight...
Is there a way to "safely" use the switch with network connection exept for nintendo services?

4. Since i happily tried to use my emummc image for tinkering around with hombrew and internet connection. If Nintendo bans a console is there any harm to use the switch as i would, if i dont have an online subscription? SO getting game updates FW updates and so on?
I know this is kind of a lazy question.

5. Is it the right way to use OFW for online services and official gaming and use the emummc for homebrew and unofficial games only with local connection?

Dandan0404

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
QUICK QUESTION:

Whats the best way/app for installing my dumped nsp games? And is it safe to install it in the Internal/NAND 64gb?

Oled switch
Using emuMMC

nico77

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
can you help guide me!!!:switch:

so soon im goin mod my lite.
theres 5 title games i need to backup save file, they my fav games i play a lot. i want continue play them after done CFW
how to back them up? save file

the game i installed on my micro sd...
soon im gonna format my micro sd and insert mod files(hats)

should i move that 5 title to internal first???
guide me pls

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there,

first of all thanks information shared across the board. I learned a lot and managed to finish modding my switch with picofly without any experience, and used a HATS image for the start
I did this mostly out of curiosity and the idea to use moonlight.

While reading and getting into the topic of switch "hacking" i may want to try linux or android as well and some game modifications.

During my journey i gathered few questions maybe u can help me out.

1. My first understanding auf emummc was/is that it is an image of my emmc that I can modify as I like with the comfort of an internet connection. The serial number is altered, what can go wrong?
I assumed using nintendos online service won't work anyway in this configuration.

As I read, this doesn't seem to be right... What did I miss?

2. The same, with the sysnand serial number altered, nothing can happen...
This seem to be false as well.
So why use CFW on Sysnand at all? If i dont take advantage of the CFW, i would use the OFW for online activities. I dont get it.

3. What i got is, im only safe not connecting to the internet on emummc. So best case no connection at all. What is kind of annoying since u cant use the homebro appstore, exchange files, or in my case using moonlight...
Is there a way to "safely" use the switch with network connection exept for nintendo services?

4. Since i happily tried to use my emummc image for tinkering around with hombrew and internet connection. If Nintendo bans a console is there any harm to use the switch as i would, if i dont have an online subscription? SO getting game updates FW updates and so on?
I know this is kind of a lazy question.

5. Is it the right way to use OFW for online services and official gaming and use the emummc for homebrew and unofficial games only with local connection?
  1. Correct, without a proper serial number, you cannot use Nintendo's online services. While this may seem like a detriment, it also prevents Nintendo from being able to ban you. However, Nintendo can still track you without the serial number such as with the battery device ID. Instead of wiping the serial number, I would recommend you use 90DNS instead. Its been around for longer so its more reliable, can be applied to both CFW or OFW, and is more easily reversible
  2. Some people do not wish to waste 32 GB of space on their SD card for emuMMC. Other people don't care if they get banned or not. Lastly, certain actions require usage of CFW on sysMMC such as updating the firmware without burning fuses. So as you cans see, there are plenty of reasons to use CFW on sysMMC
  3. Refer to point number 1 where I recommend using 90DNS
  4. There are plenty of things you can do with a Nintendo Switch without an online subscription
  5. OFW is just a mode. Loading OFW doesn't automatically make you safe. For example, if you have loaded CFW previously then boot OFW, you still risk getting banned as traces of CFW persist even after the console shuts down
can you help guide me!!!:switch:

so soon im goin mod my lite.
theres 5 title games i need to backup save file, they my fav games i play a lot. i want continue play them after done CFW
how to back them up? save file

the game i installed on my micro sd...
soon im gonna format my micro sd and insert mod files(hats)

should i move that 5 title to internal first???
guide me pls
You can backup your save files with either JKSV or Checkpoint. They are both equally good so It doesn't matter which one you use. No, you don't need to move your titles to the internal memory. Also, I highly do not recommend using hats. Using packs is never a good idea as you not only get a lot of unnecessary bloat but it may not be fully updated. Instead, I would advise you to download Atmosphere from the source which is the official GitHub page as well as the ES, FS, & Loader patches.

nico77

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
You can backup your save files with either JKSV or Checkpoint. They are both equally good so It doesn't matter which one you use. No, you don't need to move your titles to the internal memory. Also, I highly do not recommend using hats. Using packs is never a good idea as you not only get a lot of unnecessary bloat but it may not be fully updated. Instead, I would advise you to download Atmosphere from the source which is the official GitHub page as well as the ES, FS, & Loader patches.

so the save file located on internal system ?

nico77

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia

so...
for example...
i create emunand....
the save file also goin to emunand ? since the save file originaly located from nand ?

*if someday i install those games back... i can continue the progress without problem right?
so its safe to uninstall my 5 games ? im planning to clean delete all games...

Last edited by nico77,

realtimesave

///AMG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello does anyone know an alternate 3V solder point on a switch lite hwfly modchip? I'm not getting any power to it when I use the point on the bottom that is next to ground.

Thanks in advance.

xdm4n

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Please help me, I didn't use my switch for about a week, and when I decided to turn it on red text appeared for a second, what should i do?

Attachments

• 20230302_202358.jpg
    20230302_202358.jpg
    1,018.9 KB · Views: 28

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That ok, I have like 15 games ongoing still, I haven't messed with them in weeks
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Jedi survivor is going to be one of those where the fuck do I go game
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My buddy brought his ps3 slim to me yesterday to mod and put in a new hd, and he just called, asking if I'm done yet, like damn, less than 24hrs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It took me like an hour
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @Xdqwerty basically, the trans flag has blue pink and white, as you know
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Been so long since I modded a ps3 I almost forget the process. I know its easy, USB stick and software.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and from that, crystal BLUE meth, jesse PINKman, walter WHITE
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I haven't even got him a new HD yet, lol, have to run tomorrow
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4.89evilnat iirc
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    4.9 evilnat out now, but Yea same basically
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, whats evilnat?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also i feel like coming back to roblox
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A bad guy that got arrested for abusing bug extermination
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Custom firmware for ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i dont think i have evilnat, i only have ps3hen, multiman and webman
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea it would be ps3HEN, those others are apps, kinda
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn I forget what I had to do to get a 2tb HD to work on ps3, but only use 1.5tb. I think I used WD format tool, been so long, you know kennyboy?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Put your duck in the slit and press the insert button
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn that worked, thanks!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, wut the heck
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just format it to ntfs or fat32 I don't remember
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh when you put it in the ps3, it asks to format I thought. I just look it up when I get the new hd.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sorry but i cant join the conversation despite having a ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Run it in safe mode
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Run it in safe mode