Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to install a DLC but only on one profile on my switch, meaning i dont want it to be active when using one of my 2 profiles. I guess i can install it and then delete it but it makes some problems with save files and it is just annoying. Any way to do this?

Think you need separate emunand for it then.

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to install a DLC but only on one profile on my switch, meaning i dont want it to be active when using one of my 2 profiles. I guess i can install it and then delete it but it makes some problems with save files and it is just annoying. Any way to do this?
There is only one “environment” to install content on a Switch. You can only decide if it[s on SDcard or Nand (but in the case of Emunand…it‘s still SDCard so it really doesn’t matter.)

bottom Line: if you update for one you update for all.

Lazlo_Woodbine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Absolutely does. You will need a jig and a way to inject a payload. Still covered by the same guide but you will chose Erista instead of Mariko. (It’s the very first CFW guide)
Cool, thank you. So it's safe/necessary(?) to start from scratch as it were, as in there's no previous CFW on the console itself which I could cause a conflict with?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool, thank you. So it's safe/necessary(?) to start from scratch as it were, as in there's no previous CFW on the console itself which I could cause a conflict with?
As luck would have it, there is nothing installed on the Switch for running CFW. Everything sits on the sdcard and you trick the Switch into reading a payload/bootloader that in turn initiates CFW. Normally you will just put your Switch in sleep mode and will not have to do anything but in the case you completely restart you will need to do the trick (RCM or Glitch) boot process again. Zero danger in starting from scratch.

TheJinKazama

Trophies
XP
Country
Hopefully a noob question but want to check.

I have a V1 Switch and sent one of the original joycons back to Nintendo to be repaired (it had stick drift and a broken R button). On the repair note, they added the following:

Fault Details: Right Rail Problem
Diagnosis: Problems Attaching / Detaching From The Console - In Warranty

This has since been repaired but I have no idea what the problem was. Could anything Nintendo do to the right joycon prevent me from entering RCM? I did not send the console, only the joycon.

Thanks

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hopefully a noob question but want to check.

I have a V1 Switch and sent one of the original joycons back to Nintendo to be repaired (it had stick drift and a broken R button). On the repair note, they added the following:

Fault Details: Right Rail Problem
Diagnosis: Problems Attaching / Detaching From The Console - In Warranty

This has since been repaired but I have no idea what the problem was. Could anything Nintendo do to the right joycon prevent me from entering RCM? I did not send the console, only the joycon.

Thanks

Looks like good guys spot more problems with that jc and they fix it/replace it for you. Nothing to be worried about :P you don't need joycon to enter rcm.

xdm4n

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Please help me, I didn't use my switch for about a week, and when I decided to turn it on red text appeared for a second, I don't know what to do, please help

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
There is only one “environment” to install content on a Switch. You can only decide if it[s on SDcard or Nand (but in the case of Emunand…it‘s still SDCard so it really doesn’t matter.)

bottom Line: if you update for one you update for all.

Thanks! Just to be clear, i thought that on a non modded switch if you download DLC but access it with a secondary account, you dont get the DLC. Or maybe is the other way around if the non primary account gets DLC, the other wont get it, it is account dependant. So i was thinking something like that.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! Just to be clear, i thought that on a non modded switch if you download DLC but access it with a secondary account, you dont get the DLC. Or maybe is the other way around if the non primary account gets DLC, the other wont get it, it is account dependant. So i was thinking something like that.

For non modded secondary account can access primary account purchase as long the account that made the purchase is set to primary console.

Trinda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
On emummc I unlinked my NSO account from my profile with Goldleaf, and it was working to play GBA for a while. But with the latest update to the GBA app, it's now asking me to sign in again, which fails because I'm incognito+dns_mitm.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Trinda

Got_Famous06

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went to update my switch and when it reset and i boot in to hekate, hit launch, then atmo and I get an error unknown pkg1 version HOS version not supported. trying backup bootloader. what did I do wrong ?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went to update my switch and when it reset and i boot in to hekate, hit launch, then atmo and I get an error unknown pkg1 version HOS version not supported. trying backup bootloader. what did I do wrong ?
Did you update your injector too?

How about fusee.bin from Atmosphere GitHub (updated file goes here: in /bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin )

Frikspt23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hey guys been trying today to update my tinfoil version , but the site seems to be down , is that or do i need a vpn ?

Thanks for all the help.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys been trying today to update my tinfoil version , but the site seems to be down , is that or do i need a vpn ?

Thanks for all the help.
It's down at the moment. It'll come back, just need to be patient.
Screenshot from 2023-03-09 22-24-53.png

• Love

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries