XP
Country
United States

sley

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think I'll wait for the full release, reconfigured everything but SysNand freezes on the Switch Bootlogo and EmuNand is just stuck on a blackscreen.
I never had this much problems when updating Atmos, damn. Maybe it's because Emunand is still on FW15?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I'll wait for the full release, reconfigured everything but SysNand freezes on the Switch Bootlogo and EmuNand is just stuck on a blackscreen.
I never had this much problems when updating Atmos, damn. Maybe it's because Emunand is still on FW15?

Move/rename /atmosphere/contents to /atmosphere/contents.bk (if you have it…if not no worries)

Make sure you download fusee.bin from Atmosphere github and place it in /bootloader/payloads/

If that doesn’t fix it, then yeah…prolly best to wait. :-)

Reactions: sley

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried DBI and awoo both install games half way or 1/4 the way either will crash or say finished but doesnt install
formatted fat32 any ideas
Do you have enough space to wherever it is you're installing the games to? And do you also have the latest patches? If not, you can download them from this thread.

sley

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Atmos 1.5 does work with the older firmware. I sadly couldnt figure out a solution and installed an aio pack.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
everytime i load games it tends to freeze while playing getting a switch error code 2002-2096

i formatted in fat32 both with hekate and tried aomei copying fresh atmosphere software and latest signature patches
i have new 256gb sandisk ultra plus i bought from office depot any ideas
Where did you download the patches from?

johnny6668

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very much appreciated.

When the SDCard info pops up it typically displays your file system type.
Do you know if you formatted your card as exfat or fat32?

Let’s try one more thing:

Go into Hekate -> Tools -> Arch bit and then tap Fix Archive Bit
It takes a bit. Let it run its course and send a screenshot when it’s complete.

If it notes any corrections were made, try rebooting to Atmosphere and see if that helped.

If not, let’s check the sdcar on your PC using H2testw: https://3ds.hacks.guide/h2testw-(windows).html

this will take a long time…just let it run and we’ll sync back up afterwards…

Best is subjective.

This one gets the job done:

https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy
Very much appreciated.

If it notes any corrections were made, try rebooting to Atmosphere and see if that helped.

If not, let’s check the sdcar on your PC using H2testw: https://3ds.hacks.guide/h2testw-(windows).html

Best is subjective.

thanks trying to format my 256gb because i messed it up for some reason and its taking 2 hours to format because i have made a large partition on it. is there anyway around this thanks
Very much appreciated.

Best is subjective.

Do you have enough space to wherever it is you're installing the games to? And do you also have the latest patches? If not, you can download them from this thread.
yes 256gb new will try new patches will redo the software just need atmosphere 1.4.1 righ
what to start fresh i formated sd in hekate so i just need atmosphere and latest sigpatches right
Where did you download the patches from?
from a thread in this forum

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks trying to format my 256gb because i messed it up for some reason and its taking 2 hours to format because i have made a large partition on it. is there anyway around this thanks

yes 256gb new will try new patches will redo the software just need atmosphere 1.4.1 righ

what to start fresh i formated sd in hekate so i just need atmosphere and latest sigpatches right

from a thread in this forum
Well it might help to check if the SD card is fake or not. Even reputable brands and resellers have sold fakes before. You can test the validity with FakeFlashTest.

johnny6668

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't matter where it was bought at. Fakes are sold everywhere. And what do you mean "software not showing drives"?
load the software dont show any drives on computer used sd adapter to access
Post automatically merged:

load the software dont show any drives on computer used sd adapter to access
should i get from target a nintendo sandisk card instead

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm trying to install a mod for a game through atmosphere and it seems to have 2 parts to it? The github page has a "mod.zip" and "plugin.zip" Both point to the same title ID as expected but why would it be 2 different downloads? the main mod.zip contains a romfs folder and the plugin.zip contains a exefs folder.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm trying to install a mod for a game through atmosphere and it seems to have 2 parts to it? The github page has a "mod.zip" and "plugin.zip" Both point to the same title ID as expected but why would it be 2 different downloads? the main mod.zip contains a romfs folder and the plugin.zip contains a exefs folder.
This mod got a name? There was one I recall had to be split up due to size limitations of where it was hosted. Can‘t recall what it was at the moment.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn’t say why, but here it talks about it being optional: https://github.com/masagrator/AIR-ENX#installing-mod-from-release

since they don’t overlap you can install both and try it out.

Oh…here it is! It’s for translating the game setting.

Plugin is required for translating most of settings texts, fixing date format and putting english warning text.

so if you don’t care about the settings, you dont need the plug-in. Game translation is in the mod.zip.

@masagrator frequents the site…he‘ll probably be kind enough to tell us more background. Did I get it right?

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn’t say why, but here it talks about it being optional: https://github.com/masagrator/AIR-ENX#installing-mod-from-release

since they don’t overlap you can install both and try it out.

Oh…here it is! It’s for translating the game setting.

so if you don’t care about the settings, you dont need the plug-in. Game translation is in the mod.zip.

@masagrator frequents the site…he‘ll probably be kind enough to tell us more background. Did I get it right?
So atmosphere should just load the mod automatically after putting on the SD right?

Got_Famous06

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think iv been updating my switch wrong and looking for help. My switch is banned from Nintendo, but I can still get the updates so Iv been updating that way after I update Atmos and everything else. I saw a post of someone saying people shouldn't do it that way. Is the way iv been doing it fine ? Or should I be downloading the FW and using daybreak or other ways ?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So atmosphere should just load the mod automatically after putting on the SD right?

Yes, the mods will start with the game.

I think iv been updating my switch wrong and looking for help. My switch is banned from Nintendo, but I can still get the updates so Iv been updating that way after I update Atmos and everything else. I saw a post of someone saying people shouldn't do it that way. Is the way iv been doing it fine ? Or should I be downloading the FW and using daybreak or other ways ?
if you can still download from Ninty that is absolutely the best way to upgrade Sysnand.

Atmosphere and Hekate (and Sigpatches) first
Firmware update last.

You’re’ doing it all right.

Daybreak is for updating Emunand.

Last edited by binkinator,
Reactions: Got_Famous06

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, the mods will start with the game.

if you can still download from Ninty that is absolutely the best way to upgrade Sysnand.

Atmosphere and Hekate (and Sigpatches) first
Firmware update last.

You’re’ doing it all right.

Daybreak is for updating Emunand.
Alright thanks. One last question. do I really need to load into an emunand for a singleplayer game mod?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright thanks. One last question. do I really need to load into an emunand for a singleplayer game mod?
You shouldn’t use your Sysnand for anything that might smell like piracy or cheating (some mods could be considered cheating) if you don’t want to get banned. This will allow you to use your Sysnand to go Online and play legit online games and download official updates, etc. etc.

Use your Emunand for single player games you’ve “backed up”. You can then play them with mods, cheats, whatever you want. Don’t allow Emunand to go Online and be sure to block communication and serial number exchange. Even better is to completely delete your Emunand wifi info and be 100% sure.

The reason for this commonly accepted “ideal” arrangement is because the Switch is a “Telemetry Monster” and instantly attempt’s to upload its logs when it can make contact with the Ninty servers. You don’t want this as the logs could contain things that make you look dirty and catch a ban.

Bottom Line: you can do what you want but it‘s highly recommended to use an Emunand.

Last edited by binkinator,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/Hn-gx9VjRt8?t=153