Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Windsall

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did you update your injector with latest Hekate.x.x.x.bin (or latest fusee.bin…if that’s your preference)
It's the one before the latest, but when it works and when it doesn't work, it's the same.
You think it could have to do with the injection?

vicstar19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are able to recover your /emummc directory then it will be worth it to keep your emunand…otherwise just backup your emunand :USER/saves data and start from scratch.

First things first make sure you format your SDCard to FAT32 w/ 32K block size (non-bootable) with something like Rufus to help prevent corruption in the future.

Follow a guide and it’s a pretty short operation. Not too many shortcuts to be had.

You don’t say much about your setup so just start reading at the top here:

https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy
Post automatically merged:

MP4 files are typically movies. You are looking for an emummc directory for your installed games. If you can’t find it with a recovery tool there’s not much else to do here but backup your emunand game saves and then format and start from scratch.

Here’s a tut that explains how to backup your emunand (if it’s available);

https://gbatemp.net/threads/recovering-games-saves-from-nand-using-nxnandmanager-and-jksv.620758/
If you are able to recover your /emummc directory then it will be worth it to keep your emunand…otherwise just backup your emunand :USER/saves data and start from scratch.

First things first make sure you format your SDCard to FAT32 w/ 32K block size (non-bootable) with something like Rufus to help prevent corruption in the future.

Follow a guide and it’s a pretty short operation. Not too many shortcuts to be had.

You don’t say much about your setup so just start reading at the top here:

https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

MP4 files are typically movies. You are looking for an emummc directory for your installed games. If you can’t find it with a recovery tool there’s not much else to do here but backup your emunand game saves and then format and start from scratch.

Here’s a tut that explains how to backup your emunand (if it’s available);

https://gbatemp.net/threads/recovering-games-saves-from-nand-using-nxnandmanager-and-jksv.620758/
Ok I think this is hopeless because I cant access Hekate at all to backup emmumc so I can restore save data. My SD is corrupted. Is booting into Hekate the only way to use nxnmamager?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I think this is hopeless because I cant access Hekate at all to backup emmumc so I can restore save data. My SD is corrupted. Is booting into Hekate the only way to use nxnmamager?
NXNandManager is a PC application. It allow you to access the hidden partition of an SDCard.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I got it working👍 Currently i’m stuck on the “file and unmount” part. I see no unmount option anywhere, only “mount” on the nxnandmanager
If you go to File as shown in Blue here you should be able to inmount the file or disk that you mounted earlier.

827169B5-127A-417F-8797-8B12C871B7E9.jpeg

If not, please take a screenshot and show what you are seeing.

vicstar19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you go to File as shown in Blue here you should be able to inmount the file or disk that you mounted earlier.

View attachment 342789

If not, please take a screenshot and show what you are seeing.

I’m assuming unmount just means close drive😂 just want to be sure

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 28
Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I’m assuming unmount just means close drive😂 just want to be sure

My bad. I was going from memory. Memory was wrong.

Yes, you’ve got it! Close drive/file is exactly what you want to do.

I am stuck on the guide you sent me. I am told to copy text into the bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini in my sd card, but there is nowhere to but the text because they are just normal folders
That means you need to create a file by that name and copy the contents provided into the file you just created. Make sure you don’t accidentally name it hekate_ipl.ini.txt. It must end with .ini

Last edited by binkinator,

Windsall

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's the one before the latest, but when it works and when it doesn't work, it's the same.
You think it could have to do with the injection?
@binkinator was just wondering if maybe you had more insights. if not it's ok, i can try the new hekate payload at the very least next times i try to boot in emummc.

Still would like to find how to fix it. wonder if anyone knows something

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@binkinator was just wondering if maybe you had more insights. if not it's ok, i can try the new hekate payload at the very least next times i try to boot in emummc.

Still would like to find how to fix it. wonder if anyone knows something
Trying it with the latest update will eliminate one potential “looping” theory…at least I’m hoping it does so I don’t have to muddle through a guesswork explanation.

Reactions: Windsall

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have a Samsung Evo Select A2 512GB (it must be like the picture below, not the old white one which is different)
s-l1600.png

Or Samsung Evo Plus A2

51gbLj1q86L._AC_SL1300_.jpg

If so can you please take a screenshot of Hekate mSD speed test or just type here what Read\Write speed you get and what's the cards reported class in frequency (MHZ).

harticho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hi guys,
I recently updated my switch to the latest firmware/atmosphere etc. Everything went well but i've got an issue with some games. I try to launch them, i see the nintendo logo then black screen and a message saying : The software was closed because an error occurred. I've tried to restart the switch, tested several sources but nothing happens. The weird thing is that some recent games (ie Mario Kart and the latest tracks) work. Any idea?
PS: I'm using DBI and everything is fine when using the MTP.
Edit: I read that maintenance mode was the way to go, but I tried that and still no luck :/

Last edited by harticho,

marhalloweenvt

Trophies
XP
Country
hi guys,
I recently updated my switch to the latest firmware/atmosphere etc. Everything went well but i've got an issue with some games. I try to launch them, i see the nintendo logo then black screen and a message saying : The software was closed because an error occurred. I've tried to restart the switch, tested several sources but nothing happens. The weird thing is that some recent games (ie Mario Kart and the latest tracks) work. Any idea?
PS: I'm using DBI and everything is fine when using the MTP.
Edit: I read that maintenance mode was the way to go, but I tried that and still no luck :/
Have you updated Signpatches?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-hekate-fss0-fusee-package3.571543/

eworm

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
NxNandManager is tremendously useful, but is it impossible to import an extracted (and modified) save file back into the USER partition with it? Or does that require the use of Checkpoint or JKSV etc?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...