Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having an odd problem. I'm trying to install Lakka on a fresh SD card. I got to Hekate, I boot using the config, I get to the flower, after a moment, it flashes, then it stays on the flower forever. What's the story? I've done the installation fresh three times now, and I can't point to a mess-up anywhere in my installation process. It's not a patched Switch, I can boot into sysNAND, it's a good SD card... Any ideas?

EDIT: Oh right, my SD card is formatted to 32kb clusters, that's not the issue.
Long time no chat, Meteos. How you been? Anyway, from the quick Google search that I did, Lakka seems to be picky about SD cards even if they're good. Not saying your card is bad but it might be worth trying another card.
Hi.

My sysnand works fine but I can't boot my emunand. I tried updating EVERYTHING to no avail. Now I am resigned to start from scratch. I even got my savegame files from my emuMMC using NxNandManager. Then I did a restore from my backup rawnand.bin files and nothing changed at all. Same error message:View attachment 293211

I really need help here because I can't boot up my switch to emunand to play any games.

Thank you so much for helping.
Do you have any overlays such as Tesla enabled?
Hey, all! I'm very new to the community, a total noob lol.
I have a V1 Switch that I got modded back in August, and I've only recently figured out how to download games, as the person who modded it for me installed outdated sigpatches.
My current software is:
- Tinfoil 13.0
- System setting says: 13.2.0 | Atmosphère 1.2.5 | S.

My questions are as follows:
1. I'm currently using a 64GB SD card because it was the fastest and most affordable when I had it modded. I want to upgrade my SD to 256GB once I can afford it. How would I do that? (I'm on MacOS, btw).

2. I recently tried to install Super Mario 3D All-Stars NSP from NXBrew, but I keep on getting the "Failed to import ticket!", despite having latest software and sigpatches, how do I fix this? I don't know if it's my fault or a bad download, because NXBrew worked for me when installing my Animal Crossing: New Horizons NSP. I also ran the Bit Fixer tool in Hekate, if that helps.

3. I want to get visitors to my island in Animal Crossing: New Horizons (v. 2.0.4). I know going online will get me banned, but if I do Local Play, will that also get me banned? Also, if Nintendo notices I have pirated software, can I also get bricked? Most places I've seen say the most a Modded Switch can get is a ban, but am I also susceptible to bricking?

Again, I'm a noob, so please bare with me. If you can help me, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you all so much! :D
  1. You can just copy and paste the files from one SD card to the other
  2. You can try downloading the .NSP file from another source. It would also help to ensure you have the latest patches. You can download them from this thread.
  3. Nintendo would get in hot legal water if they bricked users even if they hack. Once bought, the console is ours so Nintendo cannot do anything about it. Local play is not online so I don't see why you would get banned

bigplaya666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Long time no chat, Meteos. How you been? Anyway, from the quick Google search that I did, Lakka seems to be picky about SD cards even if they're good. Not saying your card is bad but it might be worth trying another card.

Do you have any overlays such as Tesla enabled?

1. You can just copy and paste the files from one SD card to the other
  2. You can try downloading the .NSP file from another source. It would also help to ensure you have the latest patches. You can download them from this thread.
  3. Nintendo would get in hot legal water if they bricked users even if they hack. Once bought, the console is ours so Nintendo cannot do anything about it. Local play is not online so I don't see why you would get banned
thank you so much! this helps very much. in all honesty, i'm pretty paranoid about everything, and being a noob who doesn't know anything doesn't really help, LMAO. again, thank you very much, i very much appreciate it :)

Reactions: Draxzelex

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Having an odd problem. I'm trying to install Lakka on a fresh SD card. I got to Hekate, I boot using the config, I get to the flower, after a moment, it flashes, then it stays on the flower forever. What's the story? I've done the installation fresh three times now, and I can't point to a mess-up anywhere in my installation process. It's not a patched Switch, I can boot into sysNAND, it's a good SD card... Any ideas?

EDIT: Oh right, my SD card is formatted to 32kb clusters, that's not the issue.
The new Hekate is incompatible whit old Lakka coreboot Ctcaer build a new one and shared it in RetroNx Discord.
You can go to the Discord channel and find the latest version pinned to the relevant channel. As of now the latest pin is from 09/29/2021.

Also, if you are using hekate_ipl to boot, consider the current lakka.ini:

[Lakka]
payload=lakka/coreboot.rom
logopath=lakka/splash.bmp
id=SWR-LAK
icon=lakka/icon_lakka_hue.bmp

Last edited by tabzer,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi.

My sysnand works fine but I can't boot my emunand. I tried updating EVERYTHING to no avail. Now I am resigned to start from scratch. I even got my savegame files from my emuMMC using NxNandManager. Then I did a restore from my backup rawnand.bin files and nothing changed at all. Same error message:View attachment 293211

I really need help here because I can't boot up my switch to emunand to play any games.

Thank you so much for helping.

Delete (or temporarily move) what you have under /atmosphere/contents/010000000000100C

Like the entire directory.

Pretty sure thats going to be some layerdfs sound files. You can move them back so it’s low risk to see if this fixes things.

Reactions: sley

idontgetit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I get some help or clarification on some things. I've spent so much time trying to get this.

The videos I watched stated that I need an early serial model that is unpatched. I got a model that says it may be unpatched.

But then I do more digging and forum posts mention firmware. None of the videos did. I'm seeing videos of people jailbreaking the newest firmware 13.1

Some of the people jailbreaking their consoles in the videos are running Menu versions later than me and can jailbreak their console?

I don't get it.

Does the firmware version actually matter?
Do I need an unpatched Switch or can I do the same with a current Switch thats jailbroken?
What does "unpatched" actually mean? That the console is patched up to firmware 4.0? Everything I look up in text says I need firmware 4.0.
How do I even check my firmware?

I have a Switch running menu version 12.1 and I have an unpatched Switch coming and I dont know what to do with either.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I get some help or clarification on some things. I've spent so much time trying to get this.

The videos I watched stated that I need an early serial model that is unpatched. I got a model that says it may be unpatched.

But then I do more digging and forum posts mention firmware. None of the videos did. I'm seeing videos of people jailbreaking the newest firmware 13.1

Some of the people jailbreaking their consoles in the videos are running Menu versions later than me and can jailbreak their console?

I don't get it.

Does the firmware version actually matter?
Do I need an unpatched Switch or can I do the same with a current Switch thats jailbroken?
What does "unpatched" actually mean? That the console is patched up to firmware 4.0? Everything I look up in text says I need firmware 4.0.
How do I even check my firmware?

I have a Switch running menu version 12.1 and I have an unpatched Switch coming and I dont know what to do with either.
Firmware doesn't affect if you can hack the console because the exploit, Fusee Gelee, is hardware-based hence why the videos mention needing an unpatched model but it does affect the hacks that you can run. CFW for example needs to be updated in order to be run on higher firmware versions. Certain homebrew applications don't work on lower firmware versions. In order to play the newest games, you need to be on the latest firmware version. There is only one exploit that requires a specific firmware version and its barely used. Its called Deja Vu and only works on firmware 4.1 & below. Its only useful for patched units running that firmware.

Technically, all Switch units can be hacked but patched and newer ones require a modchip to be installed. The reason consoles are designated as "patched" and "unpatched" is because as I mentioned earlier, the main exploit is hardware-based. Therefore it cannot be patched out via software but hardware instead. That is why Nintendo decided on rolling out consoles that had the exploit patched since they cannot patch it out via a firmware update.

Also, we don't "jailbreak" Nintendo Switch consoles. The term jailbreak is reserved for Playstations and iPhones. All exploits involve hacking the Nintendo Switch which is the correct terminology.

Reactions: idontgetit

idontgetit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Firmware doesn't affect if you can hack the console because the exploit, Fusee Gelee, is hardware-based hence why the videos mention needing an unpatched model but it does affect the hacks that you can run. CFW for example needs to be updated in order to be run on higher firmware versions. Certain homebrew applications don't work on lower firmware versions. In order to play the newest games, you need to be on the latest firmware version. There is only one exploit that requires a specific firmware version and its barely used. Its called Deja Vu and only works on firmware 4.1 & below. Its only useful for patched units running that firmware.

Technically, all Switch units can be hacked but patched and newer ones require a modchip to be installed. The reason consoles are designated as "patched" and "unpatched" is because as I mentioned earlier, the main exploit is hardware-based. Therefore it cannot be patched out via software but hardware instead. That is why Nintendo decided on rolling out consoles that had the exploit patched since they cannot patch it out via a firmware update.

Also, we don't "jailbreak" Nintendo Switch consoles. The term jailbreak is reserved for Playstations and iPhones. All exploits involve hacking the Nintendo Switch which is the correct terminolo
I literally just found an article even explaining what "unpatched" actually meant. Every YouTuber just skates around that and says "get an unpatched switch". They didnt mention that its a physical hardware patch inside the console. Not a software patch. I was losing my mind.

`"These Switches have the new motherboard revision called “Mariko”.
They are 100% patched."`

I thought I was looking for a certain model number AND a certain firmware version. Literally no youtube video mentions that its hardware specification. They just said "Unpatched switch" and I assumed software version. I've never heard someone use "patch" when referring to hardware.

and yeah. I kept seeing lazy posts saying "Hacking the new switch is possible. Technically. So it should work. Maybe." but then they leave out the soldering, mod chips and everything else.

Thank you

Attachments

• qwe132.PNG
    qwe132.PNG
    10.4 KB · Views: 58

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I literally just found an article even explaining what "unpatched" actually meant. Every YouTuber just skates around that and says "get an unpatched switch". They didnt mention that its a physical hardware patch inside the console. Not a software patch. I was losing my mind.

They are 100% patched."`

I thought I was looking for a certain model number AND a certain firmware version. Literally no youtube video mentions that its hardware specification. They just said "Unpatched switch" and I assumed software version. I've never heard someone use "patch" when referring to hardware.

and yeah. I kept seeing lazy posts saying "Hacking the new switch is possible. Technically. So it should work. Maybe." but then they leave out the soldering, mod chips and everything else.

Thank you

What you need is a 100% unpatched unit, possibly patched is 50/50, so there is a gamble, if you want an unpatched unit get one that is 100% unpatched.

zilchbroom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having an issue with tinfoil. Keeps giving me an SSL error despite my date and time being correct. Cant find a solution anywhere. Please help. Thank you so much

ChatonP

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello Everyone,
I have a weird issue with Ring Fit since I switched from SXOS to Atmosphere
Latest firmware, latest atmosphere version and sigpatches and every games are working fine

But Ring Fit won't load. I'm launching the game, the console is not even asking me to select a user and goes directly to the "switch loading" black screen for an instant, then a white screen for 10 sec and finally crash (The software was closed because an error occured)
The weird thing is that I have the same crash with my original cartdridge, and with every XCI or NSP that I've tried so far.. (deleting the game each time, and reinstalling with Tinfoil)

Any idea to resolve this ?

DictatorZero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having some issues with NS-USBloader and am not certain what I need to do.

So I was using version 5.1 initially without issues. Haven't opened it in a while, but went to add a few files (.xci and .nsp). All got a failed status when clicking the upload to NS button. Downloaded v5.2 and had the same issue. I'm even getting a failed status on files that I had transferred before without issue.

How can I get this working so I can get things installed again?

Thanks.

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Having some issues with NS-USBloader and am not certain what I need to do.

So I was using version 5.1 initially without issues. Haven't opened it in a while, but went to add a few files (.xci and .nsp). All got a failed status when clicking the upload to NS button. Downloaded v5.2 and had the same issue. I'm even getting a failed status on files that I had transferred before without issue.

How can I get this working so I can get things installed again?

Thanks.
I use NS-USBLoader mobile 5.0(for smartphone android)and with certain nsp files, it says they are unsigned i click to install them anyway and i always get install fail and remove partially installed files in Nintendo/content/registered/0000XXXX.
I solved it by downloading the files with Tinfoil.

Last edited by NeoGranzon,

bigplaya666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey all! I have another question, which most likely has been solved, but please bare with me.

When I had my Switch modded, I forgot to take out my Mario Kart 8 cartridge that I bought, and Tinfoil auto installed the cartridge. I did the same thing with my Super Mario Bros U cartridge. Now, I was thinking of borrowing some cartridges from a friend of mine so I don't have to install NSPs (my ISP keeps flagging me for this). Would that affect my friend's cartridges in any way (Their Switch isn't modded)? Have my cartridges been affected?

Thank you all!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

They are 100% patched."`

Thank you
Don't worry, I totally understand where you're coming from. The scene wasn't exactly prepared for Nintendo releasing these units but since they technically weren't a new revision, nobody was sure what to call them. Someone called them patched units and the name just stuck. Fusee Gelee invulnerable doesn't quite roll off the tongue. And even if somebody else came p with an alternative name, the scene is too used to calling them patched consoles.
Hello Everyone,
I have a weird issue with Ring Fit since I switched from SXOS to Atmosphere
Latest firmware, latest atmosphere version and sigpatches and every games are working fine

But Ring Fit won't load. I'm launching the game, the console is not even asking me to select a user and goes directly to the "switch loading" black screen for an instant, then a white screen for 10 sec and finally crash (The software was closed because an error occured)
The weird thing is that I have the same crash with my original cartdridge, and with every XCI or NSP that I've tried so far.. (deleting the game each time, and reinstalling with Tinfoil)

Any idea to resolve this ?
Try installing the game with TinWoo Installer instead.
Hey all! I have another question, which most likely has been solved, but please bare with me.

When I had my Switch modded, I forgot to take out my Mario Kart 8 cartridge that I bought, and Tinfoil auto installed the cartridge. I did the same thing with my Super Mario Bros U cartridge. Now, I was thinking of borrowing some cartridges from a friend of mine so I don't have to install NSPs (my ISP keeps flagging me for this). Would that affect my friend's cartridges in any way (Their Switch isn't modded)? Have my cartridges been affected?

Thank you all!
Switch cartridges are read-only; implying the Switch can only read from them not write anything to them.
Having an issue with tinfoil. Keeps giving me an SSL error despite my date and time being correct. Cant find a solution anywhere. Please help. Thank you so much
I highly recommend switching to TinWoo Installer instead. Its what I personally use and have never run into any issues.

ChatonP

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Try installing the game with TinWoo
Thank you for your answer and the recommandation, it's a nice software
I tried it and sadly, same crash.

I did multiple installations with different NSP, with or without update, via a shop, USB, on NAND, on SD..
I dumped the installation to a ticketless NSP and reinstalled it with TinWoo
But still the same issue, the game seem to launch without asking me to select a user and then crash

As a best practice, should I manually delete the tickets after having uninstalled the game
Is it maybe related to Ring Fit being only available on cartdrige at the origin, so the NCA is different ?

Last edited by ChatonP,

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
TinwooInstaller it isn't the solution to install all the games,for example:i downloaded Metroid Dread and Super Robot Wars T Premium Anime Song & Sound Edition and Tinwoo fails to install them and gives an error because they are not signed,i tried yes with sdcard in FAT32 than with exFAT and same result,i changed various sources for games with no results and i have the latest firmware 13.2.0 and the latest Atmosphere 1.2.5&last sigpatches installed,so what could be a possible solution without resorting to Tinfoil?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong