wondering how smaller this thing is? take a look
C3dYQs3VYAE683b.jpg:large

SAUCE

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So that the title screen for the new updated shovel knight game right? Is it not coming to wii u? I knew i should have gotten the playstation version, has kratos in it, wii u has.... nothing of interest to offer me personally. :unsure:

Reactions: Erikku

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Every time I take a look at my Wii U gamepad I think "what an oversized cheap plastic PoS".
Hell, they surely put some effort on making it ugly.

The Switch looks ok, but too plain. Perhaps another color scheme would be better for me, but for the whole thing, not just the joycons.

PS: Is that an MBP13? If so, hell the other two look oversized.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,
Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

pivix

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Every time I take a look at my Wii U gamepad I think "what an oversized cheap plastic PoS".
Hell, they surely put some effort on making it ugly.

The Switch looks ok, but too plain. Perhaps another color scheme would be better for me, but for the whole thing, not just the joycons.
Maybe its an oversized plastic, but its quite comfortable.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Maybe its an oversized plastic, but its quite comfortable.
That's kind of true, but it could be both comfortable and not cheap looking.
I don't know if the switch would be comfortable at all, I haven't used it, but I don't expect it to be as comfortable as the Wii U gamepad when used as a portable.
I hope it is at least as comfortable as a 3DSXL. That is what I am really aiming to replace with the Switch, if I ever get it.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The thing i do like it's that the switch looks brighter. Maybe the brightness is turned off on the Wii U gamepad or maybe it's how the light is reflected of the screen. They both general look the same size tho but the one thing i don't like about the Switch that i do like more on the Wii U gamepad is the handles (the shape on the back) that curves with your hand. I think it's quite dumb of Nintendo to not include these handles for your hand wich makes it easier to hold over time

Last edited by kumikochan,
Reactions: Quantumcat

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
the back of the joycons have a bit of a handle that's what you'll be holding onto
Joy-Con-Controllers-front-back-and-side_1484564886.jpg
It's not the same handle i'm speaking off. The Wii U also has a handle on top but also one in the bottom wich is quite nice. I don't get why they didn't include that since it would make the controller ergonomically feel a lot better and sturdier

Silverthorn

Spiky!
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The lack of D-pad feels questionable for sure.
It doesn't really matter to me though, as I will not be buying the console at launch but eventually much,much later and by that point the Joycons might have seen a revision. Or there will be some non-official alternatives.

Reactions: DrkBeam and Youkai

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lack of d-pad? Well the switch "Pro" Controller will have a standard control layout like the wii u pro right? Also the buttons i would assume is the d-pad when used as a single system and not pulled apart when using 2 player modes. But if you meant for 2 player mode then i suppose is bad that there is no D pad and only joy stick. But i'm sure there is a work around.... Dual Swith "Pro" Controllers instead of joy cons? :P

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
That's kind of true, but it could be both comfortable and not cheap looking.
I don't know if the switch would be comfortable at all, I haven't used it, but I don't expect it to be as comfortable as the Wii U gamepad when used as a portable.
I hope it is at least as comfortable as a 3DSXL. That is what I am really aiming to replace with the Switch, if I ever get it.

the wii u gamepad is surprisingly very comfy to hold but not for long terms as it is somewhat heavy, but to me the n3ds xl is not that comfy tbh.

so i use a grip called CyberCoating Grip 2 , i have had it on my n3dsxl for nearly a year now, i cant play without it because it makes holding the n3dsxl so comfy.
so i hope we get something similar for the switch.

it would have been nice if those black bars were not taking up the space of the screen itself, at least not that thick<
so the screen could have been somewhat bigger.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
This is the dev kit version, all black. IMO makes it look much more plain (or generic) than the grey joy con version, which just looks slick. I'd love some arctic white joy cons with black sticks and red buttons, though. I'm thinking Nintendo will sell variants of joy cons and docks in the future. Themed and various colors.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o