Hardware Switch HDMI Port

adrifcastr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I guess that the switchs USB-C Port is also an HDMI Port, else the Dock wouldn't work. does anybody here thinks that it could be possible to direct capture the switch without a TV Capture Card?

adrifcastr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I may be wrong, but isn't game recording actually a feature this time?
It was said that "the media share button allows you to take screenshots and share them with your friends. video capture is in planned" or something like that. so I wouldnt count on that. probably coming 2018 with like a 3min limit so not that good to record lets plays.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Outputting HDMI video through USB C will not give us the ability to simply plug in to PC USB and direct capture. That's just not how USB C works. It could work if Ninty added it, or even possibly through homebrew. But from what I know there won't be some magical way to just have a PC homebrew pull the HDMI signal. Though I would honestly love to see that happen.

Reactions: adrifcastr

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Outputting HDMI video through USB C will not give us the ability to simply plug in to PC USB and direct capture. That's just not how USB C works. It could work if Ninty added it, or even possibly through homebrew. But from what I know there won't be some magical way to just have a PC homebrew pull the HDMI signal. Though I would honestly love to see that happen.
Yeah Nintendo have already stated as much about firmware/software restrictions on hardware ports, at least at launch. No external USB HDDs (at launch) for example. So I doubt all lanes/features will be available early on for the USB-C.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Ahhhh ok