Homebrew Switch Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you. So booting into RCM would be something you would recommend instead? I ask because since I only want to edit my savefile for BOTW and maybe XC2, I don't intend to keep homebrew forever. Also which guide would you recommend me to start?
Oh now I see what you're asking. Whether you use Pegaswitch on 3.0 to load homebrew or RCM on all other firmwares, both will involve a homebrew tool to dump the save so the risks are pretty similar. The guide will depend on what firmware your Switch is on.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you. So booting into RCM would be something you would recommend instead? I ask because since I only want to edit my savefile for BOTW and maybe XC2, I don't intend to keep homebrew forever. Also which guide would you recommend me to start?
If you are just doing it to mod your saves, dont do autorcm, instead just do the 2 times you need it.

Mandikiri

Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh now I see what you're asking. Whether you use Pegaswitch on 3.0 to load homebrew or RCM on all other firmwares, both will involve a homebrew tool to dump the save so the risks are pretty similar. The guide will depend on what firmware your Switch is on.

My Switch FW is on 5.02 (I think that's the latest one?). So is why I only want to do homebrew to use checkpoint and mod the saves for BOTW and XC2 and not use it again.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you are just doing it to mod your saves, dont do autorcm, instead just do the 2 times you need it.

Got it! Should I look into youtube videos on how to do the homebrew? I ordered a jig so I can have one.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Switch FW is on 5.02 (I think that's the latest one?). So is why I only want to do homebrew to use checkpoint and mod the saves for BOTW and XC2 and not use it again.
Follow this guide to install the homebrew launcher: https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-hacking-101-how-to-launch-the-homebrew-menu-on-4-x-5-x.504012/ From there, you can grab checkpoint to mod your saves. Since your on the latest firmware, you can use either ExFAT or FAT32 for your SD card.

Mandikiri

Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Mandikiri

Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Soon

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    21.4 KB · Views: 325
Reactions: hippy dave

pokeplayer984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, looks like I need a new battery for my modded Switch. Had a feeling this would happen sooner or later. Will be looking to get it after my vacation.

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Switch on 2.2.0 fw and want to install Pegaswitch on it but I read it wasn't tested from the site and that there's a warning there and wondering if there is a way to block updates.
It says 2ips are blocked and updates blocking will not work and use the ones in the guide to continue blocking them. So I was wondering if the guide does indeed work and has been updated recently because I don't want to try it and it ends up blocking the ip and makes me update messing with my low fw Switch.

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
I wonder if the Switch is powerfull enough to play Gamecube games, using Linux and Dolphin / Retroarch?

If only those could be developed as native Switch homebrews then I bet the Switch could run thise with proper optimization. Problem with linux is like the Switch trying to emulate something while emulating something else (linux=>emulators)

Reactions: Asia81

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If only those could be developed as native Switch homebrews then I bet the Switch could run thise with proper optimization. Problem with linux is like the Switch trying to emulate something while emulating something else (linux=>emulators)
you got a point

Reactions: Zumoly

ehnoah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Which BIS Key is required to decrypt / Mount BCPKG2-1-Normal-Main ? I tried all my BIS Keys but none working =/ The other one all work fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQOFpDdg5rQ