Gaming Switch backward 3DS/WiiU

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
currently they are still expensive. wii u should only be $149. but i think Nintendo wants to get all the money they can. as time passes wii u will be cheap. that's until it becomes collectible. Snes games were cheap in 2001. then 20010 comes and they are 300% more expensive. you will have to wait until you have cash. or expect to wait a few years for it to be in the sales bin. in 1996 virtual boys were being sold for $20 each new. well they aint $20 anymore. you do have the emulator but it needs a good pc.

Gnarmagon

Noob <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
currently they are still expensive. wii u should only be $149. but i think Nintendo wants to get all the money they can. as time passes wii u will be cheap. that's until it becomes collectible. Snes games were cheap in 2001. then 20010 comes and they are 300% more expensive. you will have to wait until you have cash. or expect to wait a few years for it to be in the sales bin. in 1996 virtual boys were being sold for $20 each new. well they aint $20 anymore. you do have the emulator but it needs a good pc.
I think it's easier to include the Wii U in the Switch than buying a highly outdated Console xD
I will stick with Cemu and hope for a Way to play Wii U on the Switch (my Friend has a hacked Wii U so I can ask him for "Backups" ^^)

Last edited by Gnarmagon,

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's easier to include the Wii U in the Switch than buying a highly outdated Console xD
I will stick with Cemu and hope for a Way to play Wii U on the Switch (my Friend has a hacked Wii U so I can ask him for "Backups" ^^)
You think it's easier to engineer the Switch around the constraints of providing full Wii U compatibility than it is to just buy a Wii U?

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Gamecube wasn't backwards compatible with anything.
Neither was the Virtual Boy.
It's not that huge of a deal if they have some sort of eShop with everything from the NES up to Wii U in there, and also some way to expand the memory, hopefully an SD external storage for convenience sake.
The gcn didn't exactly have direct backwards to GBA, but it did have that extra little accessory you could put at the bottom for GBA if that counts

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I don't want backward Compatibility. Period.
Lml, if it wasn't for 3ds backward compatibility to dsi, dsi downgrades wouldn't be possible tho

D

Deleted User

Lml, if it wasn't for 3ds backward compatibility to dsi, dsi downgrades wouldn't be possible tho
I think Pecrow was talking just about 3DS&WIIU compat on Switch

But if he was talking no backwards compatibility on anything that's pretty fucking retarded.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The gcn didn't exactly have direct backwards to GBA, but it did have that extra little accessory you could put at the bottom for GBA if that counts

Still though, the claim that "every console from Nintendo was backwards compatible" doesn't hold up at all.
Up until the Gamecube, no other Nintendo console at the time had it.
NES, SNES (SGB counts?), Virtual Boy and N64, they all didn't have backwards compatibility, and if they did, was limited as hell (SGB only played GB, not GBC, and the transfer pack only allowed for Pokemon games to be played on the Stadium games).

The ONLY instances of Nintendo holding its backward compatibility was its handheld consoles. All of them have been backwards compatible in some form.

To end it, eShop+External memory (SDXC I hope) is the way to go for the Switch.
I just hope hackers target it to give it the ultimate backwards compatibility as it seems to be much more compatible with multiple emulators thanks to its ARM based architecture instead of PPC, which plagued previous consoles from them.

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was referring to physical media, like the switch being able to accept 3ds games, etc, virtual console is fine, its going to gave gamecube virtual games this time around and that is great.

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cramming the contents of the wii U in the switch is a waste and its gonna be expensive to shove that in there te switch will not be able to emulate it so no its not happening. the reason dsi had gba backwards is because the 2nd cpu that powers the touch screen is the gba cpu lol. and the architecture is the same. the ds works on 3ds because its cpu is also arm and same architecture as ds. wii has GameCube backwards compatibility because wii has same cpu as gamecube and same goes for wii u. just deal with it. ps3 fats has ps2 hardware in them ad remember how much that shit was. wii u's will be super cheap. loot at vita being sold for like $70. stores will want to get rid of wii u's and they will bargin them. i been though these console cycles since 1988. I know the right time to buy. like back in 2000 i got most of my nes collection and snes collection as no games were expensive except the uber rare. now that shit is worth alot of money. all you have to do is wait.....

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Sketchy1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
true, and it would be much simpler to just buy a wiiu rather then pressure devs to add backward junk for systems we rarley play anyway.

cramming the contents of the wii U in the switch is a waste and its gonna be expensive to shove that in there te switch will not be able to emulate it so no its not happening. the reason dsi had gba backwards is because the 2nd cpu that powers the touch screen is the gba cpu lol. and the architecture is the same. the ds works on 3ds because its cpu is also arm and same architecture as ds. wii has GameCube backwards compatibility because wii has same cpu as gamecube and same goes for wii u. just deal with it. ps3 fats has ps2 hardware in them ad remember how much that shit was. wii u's will be super cheap. loot at vita being sold for like $70. stores will want to get rid of wii u's and they will bargin them. i been though these console cycles since 1988. I know the right time to buy. like back in 2000 i got most of my nes collection and snes collection as no games were expensive except the uber rare. now that shit is worth alot of money. all you have to do is wait.....

Gnarmagon

Noob <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

What would be the "perfect" Date to buy one ? Juli 2017 ? Later ?

Sketchy1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i normally wait 1-2 years. may seem like alot,but its well worth the wait because there is pretty much a garentee of some hack existing, even if only userland. plus around that time is when they release a souped up version of their consoles -3-

Gnarmagon

Noob <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i normally wait 1-2 years. may seem like alot,but its well worth the wait because there is pretty much a garentee of some hack existing, even if only userland. plus around that time is when they release a souped up version of their consoles -3-
At the Moment there is no BootMii or A9LH for the Wii U right ?

Can u install Games directly without Bricking ?

Sketchy1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was referring to physical media, like the switch being able to accept 3ds games, etc, virtual console is fine, its going to gave gamecube virtual games this time around and that is great.
cant wait for gcn vc injection

At the Moment there is no BootMii or A9LH for the Wii U right ?

Can u install Games directly without Bricking ?
But the hack still exists, no?
i rest my case

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

2018 or later would be my guess or xmas 2017. either way you'd have to wait. i want to collect wii U games. im waiting for the games to get super cheap. that wont be till the switch comes out

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
Nintendo has stated they do not wanna follow the Wii U's footsteps at all, so Wii U is out. As for 3DS, the Switch most likely won't have an touch screen, firstly the never showed an touchscreen in the trailer. And in the video where Jimmy get's to play around with the Switch there is no mirror like reflectiveness on the screen. So that would be pretty hard to do.

Unless they rebuilt games onto the switch then I guess it would kinda be like backwards compatibility but it actually wouldn't. So there ya go. :)

Sketchy1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo has stated they do not wanna follow the Wii U's footsteps at all, so Wii U is out. As for 3DS, the Switch most likely won't have an touch screen, firstly the never showed an touchscreen in the trailer. And in the video where Jimmy get's to play around with the Switch there is no mirror like reflectiveness on the screen. So that would be pretty hard to do.

Unless they rebuilt games onto the switch then I guess it would kinda be like backwards compatibility but it actually wouldn't. So there ya go. :)
Rebuilding games to be compatible with the switch defines them as ports

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo