Switch backward 3DS/WiiU

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by morken772, Nov 1, 2016.

Nov 1, 2016

Switch backward 3DS/WiiU by morken772 at 7:10 PM (4,073 Views / 0 Likes) 99 replies

1. Captain_N

Member Captain_N GBAtemp Fan

United States
    currently they are still expensive. wii u should only be $149. but i think Nintendo wants to get all the money they can. as time passes wii u will be cheap. that's until it becomes collectible. Snes games were cheap in 2001. then 20010 comes and they are 300% more expensive. you will have to wait until you have cash. or expect to wait a few years for it to be in the sales bin. in 1996 virtual boys were being sold for $20 each new. well they aint $20 anymore. you do have the emulator but it needs a good pc.

spiderman1216 and Gnarmagon like this.

2. Gnarmagon

Member Gnarmagon Noob <3

Germany
    I think it's easier to include the Wii U in the Switch than buying a highly outdated Console xD
    I will stick with Cemu and hope for a Way to play Wii U on the Switch (my Friend has a hacked Wii U so I can ask him for "Backups" ^^)

Last edited by Gnarmagon, Dec 15, 2016
  3. grossaffe

Member grossaffe GBAtemp Addict

United States
    You think it's easier to engineer the Switch around the constraints of providing full Wii U compatibility than it is to just buy a Wii U?

4. Gnarmagon

Member Gnarmagon Noob <3

Germany
    Yep but I just hope for ;)
    ^^

5. Sketchy1

Member Sketchy1 gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer

United States
    The gcn didn't exactly have direct backwards to GBA, but it did have that extra little accessory you could put at the bottom for GBA if that counts

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Lml, if it wasn't for 3ds backward compatibility to dsi, dsi downgrades wouldn't be possible tho

6. VinLark

Member VinLark It's only man's fear that carries him on

United States
    I think Pecrow was talking just about 3DS&WIIU compat on Switch

But if he was talking no backwards compatibility on anything that's pretty fucking retarded.

7. ShadowOne333

Member ShadowOne333 GBAtemp Guru

Mexico
    Still though, the claim that "every console from Nintendo was backwards compatible" doesn't hold up at all.
    Up until the Gamecube, no other Nintendo console at the time had it.
    NES, SNES (SGB counts?), Virtual Boy and N64, they all didn't have backwards compatibility, and if they did, was limited as hell (SGB only played GB, not GBC, and the transfer pack only allowed for Pokemon games to be played on the Stadium games).

The ONLY instances of Nintendo holding its backward compatibility was its handheld consoles. All of them have been backwards compatible in some form.

To end it, eShop+External memory (SDXC I hope) is the way to go for the Switch.
    I just hope hackers target it to give it the ultimate backwards compatibility as it seems to be much more compatible with multiple emulators thanks to its ARM based architecture instead of PPC, which plagued previous consoles from them.

8. Pecrow

Member Pecrow GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I was referring to physical media, like the switch being able to accept 3ds games, etc, virtual console is fine, its going to gave gamecube virtual games this time around and that is great.

9. Captain_N

United States
    cramming the contents of the wii U in the switch is a waste and its gonna be expensive to shove that in there te switch will not be able to emulate it so no its not happening. the reason dsi had gba backwards is because the 2nd cpu that powers the touch screen is the gba cpu lol. and the architecture is the same. the ds works on 3ds because its cpu is also arm and same architecture as ds. wii has GameCube backwards compatibility because wii has same cpu as gamecube and same goes for wii u. just deal with it. ps3 fats has ps2 hardware in them ad remember how much that shit was. wii u's will be super cheap. loot at vita being sold for like $70. stores will want to get rid of wii u's and they will bargin them. i been though these console cycles since 1988. I know the right time to buy. like back in 2000 i got most of my nes collection and snes collection as no games were expensive except the uber rare. now that shit is worth alot of money. all you have to do is wait.....

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  10. Sketchy1

United States
    true, and it would be much simpler to just buy a wiiu rather then pressure devs to add backward junk for systems we rarley play anyway.

11. Gnarmagon

Member Gnarmagon Noob <3

Germany
    What would be the "perfect" Date to buy one ? Juli 2017 ? Later ?

12. VinLark

United States
    When the price gets reasonable, like 150 or something. I wouldn't get one for way over 200

13. Sketchy1

United States
    i normally wait 1-2 years. may seem like alot,but its well worth the wait because there is pretty much a garentee of some hack existing, even if only userland. plus around that time is when they release a souped up version of their consoles -3-

14. Gnarmagon

Member Gnarmagon Noob <3

Germany
    At the Moment there is no BootMii or A9LH for the Wii U right ?

Can u install Games directly without Bricking ?

15. Sketchy1

United States
    cant wait for gcn vc injection

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

But the hack still exists, no?
    i rest my case

16. Captain_N

United States
    2018 or later would be my guess or xmas 2017. either way you'd have to wait. i want to collect wii U games. im waiting for the games to get super cheap. that wont be till the switch comes out

17. VinLark

United States
    Yeah with the brazillion method.

18. Jacklack3

Member Jacklack3 OBJECTION!

Canada
    Nintendo has stated they do not wanna follow the Wii U's footsteps at all, so Wii U is out. As for 3DS, the Switch most likely won't have an touch screen, firstly the never showed an touchscreen in the trailer. And in the video where Jimmy get's to play around with the Switch there is no mirror like reflectiveness on the screen. So that would be pretty hard to do.

Unless they rebuilt games onto the switch then I guess it would kinda be like backwards compatibility but it actually wouldn't. So there ya go. :)

19. Sketchy1

United States
    Rebuilding games to be compatible with the switch defines them as ports

20. Jacklack3

Member Jacklack3 OBJECTION!

Canada
    Oh yeah, I guess I should've done what my brain said at first.

*get's reply.*

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

VinLark likes this.