Dr.Hacknik

Ashley | Developer | Trans
Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
That would be hard to be Backwards compatible on a system that use's a Nvidia Tegra CPU (Cough GPU as well Cough), and the 3DS/WiiU are PowerPC/Arm; that would be very hard to emulate on the system, and cannot run natively. So, i believe that all of this is a BIG FAT NO!

Reactions: morken772

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Porting it's not the same as backward compatibility.
If that were the case then the Wii U is compatible with every other system out there because you can emulate a lot of stuff through RetroArch or even get some really weird games though eShop.

Backwards compatibility means the system/device has an entrance or port where you can use the old hardware/software of the previous system into the new one without any modifications to it, nor software nor hardware.
A port means reworking the original software's code to make it work in new hardware natively.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Porting it's not the same as backward compatibility.
If that were the case then the Wii U is compatible with every other system out there because you can emulate a lot of stuff through RetroArch or even get some really weird games though eShop.
Emulation would actually be reasonable to consider backwards compatible, as you have a method for playing the game from it's original binary format.

Reactions: ShadowOne333
D

Deleted User

Wait. How do you plan to play a dual screen game on the switch? But really, a way that would legitimately work and Nintendo would be willing to implement.
How did they get ds VC games to work on the wii u

Same concept

Dr.Hacknik

Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
Emulation would actually be reasonable to consider backwards compatible, as you have a method for playing the game from it's original binary format.
The real question is; how would said software perform. Emulation is almost or never as good as natively running it.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I agree.
Emulation would be really nice to have on the system, but that falls under the port category, in which you have to modify/create a software to run the original game. It's not really backward compatibility.
How did they get ds VC games to work on the wii u

Same concept

DS VC games work through emulation, they are not backward compatible with Wii U.
If the Wii U were backwards compatible with DS games, it would have a cartridge slot to put your DS games in.

That's the difference.

Reactions: Dr.Hacknik
D

Deleted User

I agree.
Emulation would be really nice to have on the system, but that falls under the port category, in which you have to modify/create a software to run the original game. It's not really backward compatibility.

DS VC games work through emulation, they are not backward compatible with Wii U.
If the Wii U were backwards compatible with DS games, it would have a cartridge slot to put your DS games in.

That's the difference.
You missed the point, they were asking how to get a ds game runing on a single screen... i know the best they can do for 3ds would prpbably be vc, or just nothing

morken772

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm fed up, but it's not really your fault.
Sorry. That was harsh.
What? No, u r right, i mean, if Nintendo have say ''Switch don't will have backward'' or anything else, tecnically we can say the post is dead, no?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm fed up, but it's not really your fault.
Sorry. That was harsh.
Btw, can i use your signature?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You missed the point, they were asking how to get a ds game runing on a single screen... i know the best they can do for 3ds would prpbably be vc, or just nothing
Wait, you can't do that on the Wii U...strange.
You can run DS VC games on the Wii U in just one screen, you just need to modify the config.json file inside of the VC dump.
You can basically make the main gameplay screen big and the mostly unused screen as a small screen at the side, kind of what let's players do.

It is certainly doable, I've seen people making that configuration to play the games through Loadiine.

Last edited by ShadowOne333,

Dr.Hacknik

Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
You can run DS VC games on the Wii U in just one screen, you just need to modify the config.json file inside of the VC dump.
You can basically make the main gameplay screen big and the mostly unused screen as a small screen at the side, kind of what let's players do.

It is certainly doable, I've seen people making that configuration to play the games through Loadiine.
Interesting, i may do that sometime.

nmkd

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There will be no official 3DS compat.

For the simple reason that Nintendo wants to keep the DS series alive.

There could be a homebrew emulator in a few years, since DS and Switch both use ARM.

//Sent from my glorious OnePlus X[/B]

Last edited by nmkd,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.