Gaming Switch 4.0.0

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
form the look of it that will let you send the game update to other users over local play
you got MK8D fully updated but you friend has not
that new option should let you updated there version to the same as yours
by you setting up the group and letting them join it
I heard about this being a thing but by the wording, it sounded like if it was something to do with the system only, like having 3 users on the system, and You have latest update version, meanwhile 2 people don't, and instead of logging into that user to update, is automatic to match the most recent one.

Though it sounds silly when i explain it since is on the same system that it should just be updated for all users on the system. They could have explained better like "Now you can share your software updates with other players locally. This allows all players to have the most recent version of a game if they don't already." Or something like that. The part about creating a group was confusing, but i guess there was never any way to actually get the switch to communicate with other systems outside of a game that supports multiplayer mode. So they added a option to do so. :unsure:

Geez what's next, 3DS type stuff like pedometer, and sleep mode street pass? :P

rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, they've FINALLY added a way for saves to transfer from switch to switch. A big step in the right direction imo. They still need to allow save backups to a cloud or the sd card though (but that's not gonna happen).

Also pre loading games finally, yay! (Might just have to pre load Mario Odyssey)

Last edited by rileysrjay,
Reactions: CuriousTommy

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally! Nintendo actually gives reason for people to update their switches and less likely to stay behind for exploits. They're learning.

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
I'ma still wait for the update that will make the Switch have more than two themes. Still I didn't expect the Switch to be powerful enough to enable screen recording, also save data transfer. Tbh I'm not really used to Nintendo delivering more than a single feature, it's overwhelming.

ByteBite

Trophies
XP
Country
Seychelles
Video capture currently not supported in Super Mario Odyssey? I predict another patch dropping very soon, unless that game was specifically omitted from the patch notes because it is technically not out yet.

Reactions: rileysrjay

rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Video capture currently not supported in Super Mario Odyssey? I predict another patch dropping very soon, unless that game was specifically omitted from the patch notes because it is technically not out yet.
Look at their wording. The notes said as of October 18th only the four games. The ability to capture Mario Odyssey might actually be in the 4.0 update, they just don't want to say because it's not out yet.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look at their wording. The notes said as of October 18th only the four games. The ability to capture Mario Odyssey might actually be in the 4.0 update, they just don't want to say because it's not out yet.
I'm sure it will be. Espeically given the time of the update release, and the fact that the game is a HUGE first party title by Nintendo.

_______

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
"Transfer user and save data to another system"

That seems like a huge and overdue feature.

Transfer ("moving" from A to B) is still different from backup ("copying" from A to B or external storage). I really don't like that. At least Sony didn't force you to use their cloud service to backup your saves.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.