Gaming Switch 4.0.0

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
what's still shitty about the vid capture is you can only post it to fb and twit. no transferring it to the sd card to go edit on your pc than upload to yt/twitch
yes you can transfer it to the sd card.

GameXplain shows the option but don't do it cause they don't have an sd card:

Last edited by Elrinth,

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
So anyone try it yet? In case if anyone was wondering, I did, and I got the encoding data according to VLC player, I compared it with the one on Nvidia shield tv so you anyone can see how much of it is common. :ninja:

SWITCH SHIELD

Minus the small difference in frames (They both are still 30FPS or trying to be close enough) only actual difference here seem to be that the Nvidia shield encoder uses 41000 audio instead of 48000, Probably cause it does record voice audio at the same time or another reason. Besides that they are both very much identical. Even though the Shield can record much longer than 30 seconds worth of video and at 1920x1080P by choice, it still is unable to do 60FPS. This is probably meaningless to some people but here it is anyway. As for how it looks on youtube or any On demand video stream sites, I dunno since i never uploaded any of them. But I can imagine that 720P at 30FPS in 2017 isn't as popular. :unsure:

Not to be that guy but we already know the screen size etc are identical. But the encoding is not a big surprise. It's a standard so they should be close to each other.

juli299

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Call me crazy, but for me BOTW now renders in 60 FPS docked... Maybe my eyes are fooling me, but I compared it to undocked and it really seems so! Could someone check? Maybe it's a bug with my console and the update somehow removed the framelock

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
Call me crazy, but for me BOTW now renders in 60 FPS docked... Maybe my eyes are fooling me, but I compared it to undocked and it really seems so! Could someone check? Maybe it's a bug with my console and the update somehow removed the framelock

The frame lock is in the game software, not in the OS firmware. Atleast that's how software usually is developed. So the only way the game could be running higher frame rates is if the game software was patched.

juli299

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The frame lock is in the game software, not in the OS firmware. Atleast that's how software usually is developed. So the only way the game could be running higher frame rates is if the game software was patched.
Okay, maybe there's something wrong with my TV settings then. Thanks for clearifying! I thought that they maybe gave some software more resources or something like that

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A3003 mit Tapatalk

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
This update actually does something more than just "Stability" which is cool.

But where is the VC? i hope they release it before Xmas time.

BvanBart

Gaming addict #2 and some
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
  • Match software version with a group of local users
    • To create a group, head to the software's Options > Software Update > Match Version with Local Users
    • Everyone's software will be updated to match the most recent version in the group
    • All users must be on system menu version 4.0.0 or later to view and join a group

Nintendo be like: let's troll your friends that do not want to update :evil::evil:

Reactions: Thelonewolf88

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • Match software version with a group of local users
    • To create a group, head to the software's Options > Software Update > Match Version with Local Users
    • Everyone's software will be updated to match the most recent version in the group
    • All users must be on system menu version 4.0.0 or later to view and join a group
Nintendo be like: let's troll your friends that do not want to update :evil::evil:
I mean, the game software versions need to be the same for local play anyway, and from the looks of it that feature doesn't touch the console firmware

Brayton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, they've FINALLY added a way for saves to transfer from switch to switch. A big step in the right direction imo. They still need to allow save backups to a cloud or the sd card though (but that's not gonna happen).

Also pre loading games finally, yay! (Might just have to pre load Mario Odyssey)
I checked, none of the games will preload.

_______

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It is already the case ;)

Other news: how can I download the movies from my SD card? If I put them on Facebook the resolution is not 1080P :(

I'd recommended uploading to Twitter instead of Facebook since the it does less compression. But dumping video from Twitter is a bit tricky. Better off just copy them out from the SD card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Too bad, they already drank it.
    He is now fishy.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sak is a fishy pineapple
    Have a good night everyone.
    i'm getting sleepy.
    So much drinking from @K3Nv2
    Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    they be like which lite firefox exe pls
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wut.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    GM all
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    butt
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    douche
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Touché.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Push it :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Talk about propaganda.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
    Veho @ Veho: Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.