Homebrew svdt: save data explorer/manager

reddragon105

Trophies
XP
Country
I would say that the detected apps are the sysNAND apps, not the emuNAND apps.
You're absolutely right, thank you! I was booting into HBL from my startup menu and it didn't occur to me that that would load svdt in sysNAND. Booted into reiNAND first and then HBL -> svdt and now the games are detected. Had to use BrowserHax to do that so I should maybe install HBL in emuNAND to make it a bit easier.

Chuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure where to ask this question, but
Are saves region locked? like, can i transfer a save from the eu version of bravely second to the na version of bravely second when it comes out?
anyone? :/

Mistie

Legit Furry Trash
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SVDT Opens to DownloadPlay automatically for me. Anyone know what's going on?
I am using the HBlauncher_loader cia btw
n3dsxl 10.6sysnand AuReiNAND A9LH

Last edited by Mistie,

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Any hope that an update will allow access to the pokemon VC games?

Hope it comes with *hax 3.0, svdt can't do anything about it right now.

SVDT Opens to DownloadPlay automatically for me. Anyone know what's going on?
I am using the HBlauncher_loader cia btw
n3dsxl 10.6sysnand AuReiNAND A9LH

Do you have a .XML file inside your SD/3ds/svdt folder ?

Last edited by supercarotte,

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Can you elaborate please.
I can't really explain what I don't understand but here's what I think I know : some games come with a new encryption method that involves the arm9 CPU and is seed-based. In theory homebrews could encrypt/decrypt it because games can, but for some reason it cannot for now (I guess this is what an extra security layer is for). Pokemon VC games, as well as mostly every title that comes out from now include this extra layer, so no homebrew save manager can access it right now (but cfw save managers can).

iepuras

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I can't really explain what I don't understand but here's what I think I know : some games come with a new encryption method that involves the arm9 CPU and is seed-based. In theory homebrews could encrypt/decrypt it because games can, but for some reason it cannot for now (I guess this is what an extra security layer is for). Pokemon VC games, as well as mostly every title that comes out from now include this extra layer, so no homebrew save manager can access it right now (but cfw save managers can).
I wish smea would look into it - I have so many eShop games Homebrew cannot access:(

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
How do you use this program to extract and insert save files? I opened it up and it all looks really confusing.

Basically, you've 2 file explorer : the left column contains your CIA or cart's savefiles, while the right one is a SD card file explorer.
You can move your cursor between those two using the stick & arrows, then if you press Y it'll transfer the thing you're on to the other column, in the folder it's currently opened (if you press Y on a file/folder it'll transfer it, and if you press Y on the "..." symbol at the top of either column it'll transfer all content from active directory). You may need to press select to confirm if pressing Y leads to overwriting something.
You can see all those instructions on the bottom screen (press select to make them reappear).

Now to export a save you have 2 options :
One, when you launch svdt it'll automatically export the savefiles in SD:/svdt/<game>/<date>/. You can then press start to quit svdt right on the first screen.
Two, you can navigate through folders and use Y on the leftcolumn to transfer the savefiles to the location of your choice on the right one. This is not very useful unless you want to put the save somewhere precisely on your SD card.

Then, to import back a save :
Open svdt, if you selected a game installed on your SD card (not a cart), the game will ask if you want to overwrite secure value. Press A or your imported save may be detected as corrupted (it has no effect on exporting the save so press either A or B if you don't wish to import).
Then, navigate to the folder containing your savefiles, in the svdt folder or wherever you put it, and press Y to transfer the savefiles on the right column to the left one (remember, press Y on "..." to transfer all files at once). It'll likely overwrite something, so you'll need to press select to confirm.
You can then quit svdt and launch your game.

PS: when you launch svdt, everything on the left column is your save, it may be a single file or multiple folders but you need to transfer them all. If that's the case, remember pressing Y on the "..." line.

Reactions: Pluupy and Doopl

LunaLogic

Gimme DLDI please.
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
About saves and regions... I think theoretically many games don't (and don't need to) care about region of saves as they all share the same format. I tried Mario&Luigi Dream Team before (JPN to USA) and it worked without any problems.

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
About saves and regions... I think theoretically many games don't (and don't need to) care about region of saves as they all share the same format. I tried Mario&Luigi Dream Team before (JPN to USA) and it worked without any problems.

Some games do care, like pokémon XYROSA have thé language set in the savefiles and it has priority over the console's language. But I don't think there's any game in which you can't import a save from another region.

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically, you've 2 file explorer : the left column contains your CIA or cart's savefiles, while the right one is a SD card file explorer.
You can move your cursor between those two using the stick & arrows, then if you press Y it'll transfer the thing you're on to the other column, in the folder it's currently opened (if you press Y on a file/folder it'll transfer it, and if you press Y on the "..." symbol at the top of either column it'll transfer all content from active directory). You may need to press select to confirm if pressing Y leads to overwriting something.
You can see all those instructions on the bottom screen (press select to make them reappear).

Now to export a save you have 2 options :
One, when you launch svdt it'll automatically export the savefiles in SD:/svdt/<game>/<date>/. You can then press start to quit svdt right on the first screen.
Two, you can navigate through folders and use Y on the leftcolumn to transfer the savefiles to the location of your choice on the right one. This is not very useful unless you want to put the save somewhere precisely on your SD card.

Then, to import back a save :
Open svdt, if you selected a game installed on your SD card (not a cart), the game will ask if you want to overwrite secure value. Press A or your imported save may be detected as corrupted (it has no effect on exporting the save so press either A or B if you don't wish to import).
Then, navigate to the folder containing your savefiles, in the svdt folder or wherever you put it, and press Y to transfer the savefiles on the right column to the left one (remember, press Y on "..." to transfer all files at once). It'll likely overwrite something, so you'll need to press select to confirm.
You can then quit svdt and launch your game.

PS: when you launch svdt, everything on the left column is your save, it may be a single file or multiple folders but you need to transfer them all. If that's the case, remember pressing Y on the "..." line.
Thanks! Real MVP material

chillybright

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Svdt is not working on my N3DS running a9lh+Aureinand 10.7.

I installed it using FBI (injected in Health and Safety app). And when I try to launch, it is just a black screen and freezes there. And I have to reboot after that.

Anyone knows why?

A_Random_Guy

Officially That Dev
Trophies
Website
n3dshack.weebly.com
XP
Country
Malaysia
Svdt is not working on my N3DS running a9lh+Aureinand 10.7.

I installed it using FBI (injected in Health and Safety app). And when I try to launch, it is just a black screen and freezes there. And I have to reboot after that.

Anyone knows why?

SVDT is a *hax exclusive. Use JK's Save Manager

Pokepicker

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I seem to be having an issue with svdt (and alternatives, like save_manager and JK's) and trying to backup saves from Steamworld Dig.
In both svdt and save_manager I'm met with a black top screen, and yellow bottom screen as soon as I select the game from the list of available titles.
While using JK's it at least gives me an error which is easily discarded. The error is "Error opening save archive".

I understand some games are not supported. This is the first game I have ran into trouble with. I left a couple posts in the Save Data Manager and Editor for firmware up to 9.9! (link to my first post).

I don't know if there is a fix, or if "thats just how it is". And if there is no easy fix floating around, is this something that (with time) might be solved in future versions of save_managers?

Sysinfo: N3DS EUR, sysNAND 9.2.0, emuNAND 10.7, CakesFW 138, *hax 2.7.

Also, I am really sorry if the solution has been posted somewhere and I just skimmed over it.

Last edited by Pokepicker,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @The Real Jdbye @SylverReZ @Xdqwerty :creep: +1