Homebrew svdt: save data explorer/manager

Auramew

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have a problem. SVDT loads just fine, but nevers let me select a target app. I'm on Ironhax, and I've tried with the other ones and only this one works. Is there anything I have to do in order to choose my target app? I'm trying to get Pokémon X's savefile.

meladroit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem. SVDT loads just fine, but nevers let me select a target app. I'm on Ironhax, and I've tried with the other ones and only this one works. Is there anything I have to do in order to choose my target app? I'm trying to get Pokémon X's savefile.
You're sure you put the xml file with the 3dsx and smdh files under /3ds/svdt? Check that, and if the xml file is there, you may just have to keep trying. The homebrew launcher is incredibly flaky with letting you select target apps ...

Auramew

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You're sure you put the xml file with the 3dsx and smdh files under /3ds/svdt? Check that, and if the xml file is there, you may just have to keep trying. The homebrew launcher is incredibly flaky with letting you select target apps ...

It is there, but I've tried about 20 times and it doesn't let me, just works as a SD card viewer. I guess I'll keep trying until it lets me.

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
@meladroit you should make a CIA out of this for people on CFWs wanting to dump their save without updating their console
@meladroit: Something like that will be possible?... Because your save manager is based on Smealum's "sploit installer", made especially for NH2.x/IH/TH... By the way, for CFWs users exists "SaveDataFiler" at the moment.

meladroit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is there, but I've tried about 20 times and it doesn't let me, just works as a SD card viewer. I guess I'll keep trying until it lets me.
Yeah, sorry I can't help much there. You could also check you have latest ironhax and boot.3dsx.

@meladroit: Something like that will be possible?... Because your save manager is based on Smealum's "sploit installer", made especially for NH2.x/IH/TH... By the way, for CFWs users exists "SaveDataFiler" at the moment.
I think all of these (sploit_installer, save_manager, svdt ...) rely on ninjhax2-specific features, so I'm guessing it's not possible. Even if it were possible, my 3DS devices are all on 9.9, so I wouldn't be able to test anything out.

Reactions: fmkid

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, sorry I can't help much there. You could also check you have latest ironhax and boot.3dsx.

I think all of these (sploit_installer, save_manager, svdt ...) rely on ninjhax2-specific features, so I'm guessing it's not possible. Even if it were possible, my 3DS devices are all on 9.9, so I wouldn't be able to test anything out.
the sploit installer uses an am permission which you can specify when you build a CIA

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, okay. I'm on latest firmware and ninjhax2 for everything, so I'm not in the habit of dealing in CIAs.
if I was more motivated I could probably figure it out.... maybe I'll tackle it today since I'm feeling adventurous and I'll fork your code and make a pull request so it automatically builds a CIA for you

Reactions: meladroit

meladroit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Well, neither SD nor save data are showing up, so something about FS:USER isn't working right. (Do you have to specify permissions for data access?)
It seems hb_menu gains access to a certain save by using home menu to boot into the title associated with the save.
That's my guess how its working basically.

shadowofdarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry for DP but.....

http://www.mediafire.com/view/rrdxkvk83lmvivd/IMG_20150905_214658.jpg

installed as a CIA!

but

http://www.mediafire.com/view/zirjzawcz5zorzm/IMG_20150905_215201.jpg

happens every time, either I'm not doing something right or it relies on something in the hb menu

I remember when Smealum cancelled TDVS reading him saying that most of the "heavy lifting" is done by the Ninjhax backend. so just compiling this as a CIA is not enough and more stuff would have to be implemented in it for it to be standalone.

https://twitter.com/smealum/status/638542931826085888

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember when Smealum cancelled TDVS reading him saying that most of the "heavy lifting" is done by the Ninjhax backend. so just compiling this as a CIA is not enough and more stuff would have to be implemented in it for it to be standalone.

https://twitter.com/smealum/status/638542931826085888
hmm, what parts of the hb menu specifically I wonder

EDIT: also he didn't say it was canceled he just said that it would be delayed

meladroit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems hb_menu gains access to a certain save by using home menu to boot into the title associated with the save.
That's my guess how its working basically.
Yeah, my guess is also that it's basically booting up as the target title, or at least with the target title's exheader ... although that doesn't explain why the SD data looks blank too on that CIA version.

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, my guess is also that it's basically booting up as the target title, or at least with the target title's exheader ... although that doesn't explain why the SD data looks blank too on that CIA version.

I have tubehax on my emuNAND (the stuff I want to use this for is on my sysNAND) and the SD card side does work... I tried adding the fs.h from the services in ctrulib but it didn't make a difference... I'm wondering if there's code that initializes the fs or something and this needs that to happen first or something.... Hmm *goes to look at ninjhax 1.1 source*

Yeah I didn't figure that would hold any answers, but after looking into this more I'm really starting suspect that if I included filesystem.c and .h from 3ds_hb_menu then I could get the SD part to work but if I include them they error out because you have some of the stuff already included so I get the "already defined here" error, tomorrow I'll take a crack at rearranging some stuff and seeing if I can get it to load the SD card side. Also what should show up on the other side because with tubehax nothing showed up there either...

Last edited by dark_samus3,

dronesplitter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far I'm liking this. Having better luck, I think, than when I tried the save manager but I didn't mess with that one for long, admittedly.

I can't get RE Mercenaries to backup in either, sadly. Shin Megami Tensei IV works fine with this, yay.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, prove it