Homebrew svdt: save data explorer/manager

LoveKC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It requires Ninjhax 2 (OoT3DHax. Ironhax or Tubehax)

But if you want to move the save data from a physical cartridge to a CIA version, can't you just use SaveDataFiler on a CFW?
For the record, you can also use Cubic Ninja to launch Ninjhax 2.x. That's what I'm doing.

R4ndom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I am having so much trouble making this work... Have been able to extract saves (I think), at least I got a working OR save extracted which I injected to my OR on my N3DS through NTR. Think the SSB save is being extracted correctly as well. The only problem I am having is injecting these save files again. I cannot for the life of me figure it out, and I have read every page of this thread and the github. svdt does support injecting of files as well, right? Could someone just please spell it out for me how, on both O3DS and N3DS or at least one of them? Would help me out immensely! :)

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, I've been on your git and saw that you could trigger some things using Dleft/Dright at launch. I can't seem to get it working though, is there a particular time/setting to activate it ?

Edit: nevermind I misread it. You need to press L/R, that's why I couldn't get it to work^^

Last edited by supercarotte,

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Reading throu al pages i still can't get it working.
It boots fine form HBL, but then when i choose a game to backup the save and i press "A" it freezes, a hard powerdown is needed

Using svdt_30f5e74.zip with N3DS sysnand 10.1.0-27E

So for the moment back to Save Manager, that one works fine (but no secure patching :/ ).

Last edited by DjoeN,

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
Reading throu al pages i still can't get it working.
It boots fine form HBL, but then when i choose a game to backup the save and i press "A" it freezes, a hard powerdown is needed

Using svdt_30f5e74.zip with N3DS sysnand 10.1.0-27E

So for the moment back to Save Manager, that one works fine (but no secure patching :/ ).

That's strange, it works fine on 9.9.0-27E. Happens with all games?

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Have you tried emergency mode? (Hold L at boot to auto-backup, R to restore from /svdt_inject , which also patches secure value)
The moment i press "A" the screen freezes (with or without holding "L") on the screen shown below (happens with any game i choose)

IMG_0103.jpg

[EDIT]
Doesn't matter if i use themeHax / NinjHax / BrowserHax / IronHax
Also happens on my N3DS XL Sysnand 10.1.0-27E

Last edited by DjoeN,
Reactions: Zarde_Draco

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, you are using my mod, you are probably not using the latest version and don't have a folder called "svdt" in the root of your sd card.
Either update to latest version or create a folder named "svdt" in your sdcard.

I already encourage this on my mod thread, but if there's any issue with homebrew with my mod, it should be tested with the vanilla HBL to know if it is my fault or not.

Reactions: fmkid

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
So how do I use the stuff in that zip? I still don't know how to do anything after I download all those files. What goes on the SD card? I'm annoyed with myself that I can't make any darn sense of it!!
If you don't know how to run homebrew or how to put new homebrew on your sd card, you are at the wrong thread.

Or maybe you downloaded the zip file from the github releases page, which clearly states that is the source code and has no use for the end user, you need to get svdt.3dsx, svdt.xml, svdt.smdh and asr.dat in a folder at the following path: /3ds/svdt

Or download the file I posted earlier, which is the latest svdt commit, a little more updated than the latest official release.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Oh, you are using my mod, you are probably not using the latest version and don't have a folder called "svdt" in the root of your sd card.
Either update to latest version or create a folder named "svdt" in your sdcard.

I already encourage this on my mod thread, but if there's any issue with homebrew with my mod, it should be tested with the vanilla HBL to know if it is my fault or not.

Working perfect now with latest HBL with sorting and latest svdt :)
Updating the HBL with sorting solved the problem :bow:

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, any volunteers to test this new svdt?

It automatically gets the title ID, so you can run it from normal HBL and you won't have to select the title twice.
Also, it should support Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate secure value patching, but as I don't have the game, I have no way to actually test it with the game.

Attachments

• svdt_0.11_testing.zip
    170.1 KB · Views: 175

Ailuros27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone had success with dumping/restoring saves from VC games? I just recently managed to convert a lot of my old gamesaves that I salvaged with my Retron 5 to a raw/emulator format, and was hoping to inject them into the 3DS versions. That, and I'd like to backup those games I never played except on 3DS (Metroid Fusion, for example) for posterity. Unfortunately, even while holding L svdt doesn't load when I select Metroid Fusion or other GBA VC games, and even PROPER retail releases like Link's Awakening DX seem to crash it also. Any ideas? Maybe the new version suloku just posted will work?

Edit: I see I'm not using the latest version. Let me try that first.

Last edited by Ailuros27,

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Ok, any volunteers to test this new svdt?

It automatically gets the title ID, so you can run it from normal HBL and you won't have to select the title twice.
Also, it should support Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate secure value patching, but as I don't have the game, I have no way to actually test it with the game.
"Autodetect digital games name" feature is working fine for me! Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1