Hacking [Suspended] ARM11 kernel access project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently you can do it with the NTR CFW.
Fixing to do that now with my N3DS, but someone mentioned doing with with Sysnand as well, so I assume its possible, just no idea how.

Bah, can't figure out how to do it with NTR either and google is not being helpful today so.

Anyone feel like giving me a hand and showing me what to do to generate this dump?

Nevermind... I can't find any documentation on using NTR Debugger so I am not going to bother, and seems my only option for the O3DS on 9.4 is Spider, which apparently I am required to compile myself, so screw that.

Last edited by Aroth,

julian20

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As far as i understood, the only wqy for a non-modified ram dump at the moment from 9.3+ is spider on9.3-9.5.... I only have a o3ds with gateway and 9.0

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as i understood, the only wqy for a non-modified ram dump at the moment from 9.3+ is spider on9.3-9.5.... I only have a o3ds with gateway and 9.0

If I could find the compiled files for spider I would, but I am in no mood to track down software from a site that is defunct just to compile something that could easily be made available in compiled form if people didn't feel like lording over those without the experience/time to deal with compiling binaries.

ironmaster49

Trophies
XP
Country
If I could find the compiled files for spider I would, but I am in no mood to track down software from a site that is defunct just to compile something that could easily be made available in compiled form if people didn't feel like lording over those without the experience/time to deal with compiling binaries.
Do not worry, im sure things are going fine now, its him and some other guys with a lot of knowledge working

TheDeKay

I call it research
Trophies
XP
Country

You don't need a compiler or anything.
To do a Sysnand ramdump you need:
  1. o3DS on 9.5 or below
  2. Internet Connection
Then you scan the following QR-Code on your 3DS
u4ONV0X.png

Your browser will open and the bottom screen starts flashing. Wait until the Browser crashes.
Then turn off your 3DS and put your SD Card into your computer. You should now have a 'mdmp0.bin' file in the root dir of your SD Card. This is your memory dump.

Sadly this is not possible on n3DS or o3DS on 9.6 or higher because the skater Browser fixed this exploit. But if it works out yellows8 may release an exploit for Skater in near future.

Last edited by TheDeKay,

ironmaster49

Trophies
XP
Country
You don't need a compiler or anything.
To do a Sysnand ramdump you need:
  1. o3DS on 9.5 or below
  2. Internet Connection
Then you scan the following QR-Code on your 3DS

u4ONV0X.png

Your browser will open and the bottom screen starts flashing. Wait until the Browser crashes.
Then turn off your 3DS and put your SD Card into your computer. You should now have a 'mdmp0.bin' file in the root dir of your SD Card. This is your memory dump.
This is for 9.9 and possible 10.0/10.1, not for 9.5 and under, so its irrelevant and do not worry, and it runs through hb menu so you cannot get a ram dump from it anyway as you need to reboot and it clears the ram

Reactions: Margen67

TheDeKay

I call it research
Trophies
XP
Country
This is for 9.9 and possible 10.0/10.1, not for 9.5 and under, so its irrelevant and do not worry, and it runs through hb menu so you cannot get a ram dump from it anyway as you need to reboot and it clears the ram

Good to know that you have no Idea what you are talking about and have never heard about the Spider Exploit it looks like.

ironmaster49

Trophies
XP
Country
Good to know that you have no Idea what you are talking about and have never heard about the Spider Exploit it looks like.
This exploit runs under homebrew menu, not through the browser exploit, this program is supposed to run on ironhax or CN or tubehax, and this exploit is supposed to be a kexploit for 9.9/10x so no point in posting a hack that only works 9.5 or under, i did not say this ram dumper runs in hb menu, i mean this kexploit runs on it and so how can you dump ram from it from spider if you have to reboot which clears the ram and you cannot get the ram info from what was run on hb menu, no way to load spider after launching the homebrew menu without rebooting

Last edited by ironmaster49,

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This exploit runs under homebrew menu, not through the browser exploit, this program is supposed to run on ironhax or CN or tubehax, and this exploit is supposed to be a kexploit for 9.9/10x so no point in posting a hack that only works 9.5 or under, i did not say this ram dumper runs in hb menu, i mean this kexploit runs on it and so how can you dump ram from it from spider if you have to reboot which clears the ram and you cannot get the ram info from what was run on hb menu

I am confused. Are you saying that what he is saying to do will not work? Or that the thread is looking for a 9.9+ exploit so dumping anything 9.5 or lower would be pointless?

TheDeKay

I call it research
Trophies
XP
Country
This exploit runs under homebrew menu, not through the browser exploit, this program is supposed to run on ironhax or CN or tubehax, and this exploit is supposed to be a kexploit for 9.9/10x so no point in posting a hack that only works 9.5 or under, i did not say this ram dumper runs in hb menu, i mean this kexploit runs on it and so how can you dump ram from it from spider if you have to reboot

The exploit I am talking about is based on a hole in the Spider Browser that lets you do Arbitary Code Execution through loading specific code into your browser iirc. The QR Code opens a website that injects this code. You can Memory Dump and Inject using this method. Thats the Spider Exploit. They fixed it in the Skater Browser and therefore it doesn't run on 9.6 or higher. Nor does it run on a sysnand n3DS.
I posted this simply to explain how he could do a memory dump since he wanted to do one on 9.3 or higher because someone asked for it to develop this arm11 exploit.

Last edited by TheDeKay,

ironmaster49

Trophies
XP
Country
The exploit I am talking about is based on a hole in the Spider Browser that lets you do Arbital Code Execution through loading specific code into your browser iirc. The AR Code opens a website that injects this code. You can Memory Dump and Inject using this method. Thats the Spider Exploit. They fixed it in the Skater Browser and therefore it doesn't run on 9.6 or higher. Nor does it run on a sysnand n3DS.
I posted this simply to explain how he could do a memory dump since he wanted to do one on 9.3 or higher because someone asked for it to develop this arm11 exploit.
Yeah okay, but i just mean if this exploit is just a homebrew that is run on ironhax/cn/tubehax, and how can one launch spider(browser) without rebooting the 3ds

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah okay, but i just mean if this exploit is just a homebrew that is run on ironhax/cn/tubehax, and how can one launch spider(browser) without rebooting the 3ds

Ah, yeah the only reason spider came up in the first place was because the dude who made the thread asked for 9.3+ ram dumps.

TheDeKay

I call it research
Trophies
XP
Country

Noone was talking about homebrew or running spider through homebrew at that point. The only possible way to run Spider on 9.6 or higher is the Browser Timewarp which would require some kind of Kernel Access. That's why I said it runs on an o3DS on 9.5 and lower. It may be possible to do something similar with a newer browser exploit for skater if yellows8 keeps working on his and eventually releases it.

It was posted to throw Info on how to memdump on sysnand to get ramdumps for the guy that asked for it to develop the arm11 exploit.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so that worked for the O3DS, I think? Any idea how big the dump file is supposed to be?

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should be 128MB.
Ok that's what I got. Did it twice just to be sure lol.

Any idea how to use NTR to do the same in a N3DS with a 9.4 emunand? From what the dude was saying, as long as NS isnt patched (which afaik the basic gateway emunand shouldn't be?) then the dump would still be useful.

Seeing a lot of info on using it to dump a game's ram, but all those posts give instructions of finding the game's process and crap, and I just want to dump the system ram.

Ok so I can connect the NTR Debugger easily enough, but no idea what to look for or what command to use to dump the system ram. Probably gonna give up since no one is willing/able to actually tell me what to do.

Last edited by Aroth,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg