• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Surprise Hamas Attack on Israel- Thousands of Rockets Fired- Israel Declares War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
"War on terror" declared after incompetent right-wing government fails to protect its citizens. Either we're living in The Matrix or time really is a flat circle.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did you somehow miss the last 80 years or so? If any of this surprises you, you haven't been paying attention.
I have read the thread about it, I feel bad for the victims involved.
Post automatically merged:

1696682048460.png

Last edited by SylverReZ,

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
I have read the thread about it, I feel bad for the victims involved.
Post automatically merged:

View attachment 397978
If it is opportunistic dumbness or it is just straight out dumbness I don't know, but go read some history books, like a lot of history books because calling that a religious issue is a gross, imperialistic over simplification.

• Wow
Reactions: SylverReZ

titan_tim

(Can't shut up)
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
For every damn time Hamas or some other group have done attacks on Israel, they only lose. It's like punching someone bigger then cry that they get hit back. This attack will give a even bigger response imho
It's true if you look at it from the view of what you see in the news recently. But if you look over the last 80 years, it makes a bit of sense.

It would be like the Native Americans suddenly attacking locations in the US. You'd wonder why the heck they were doing it, as they'd get their asses handed to them. But when you look at the history, you can understand where the anger comes from.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
It's true if you look at it from the view of what you see in the news recently. But if you look over the last 80 years, it makes a bit of sense.

It would be like the Native Americans suddenly attacking locations in the US. You'd wonder why the heck they were doing it, as they'd get their asses handed to them. But when you look at the history, you can understand where the anger comes from.
Oh I totally understand why. But like if it didn't work after the fourth of fifth time. Maybe change tactic instead of poking the super massive bear that don't give two shit if they bomb you back to the stone age. Maybe try to talk instead?

HellGhast

Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
the hatred is race-based as well as religious-based, sadly
bigotry is a disease
Am Atheist so I never took CRE(Christian Religious Education) seriously but I thought bible says Jews and Muslims are descended brothers, both sons of some guy who was supposed to sacrifice his son instead of a lamb coz god told him so?

BTW Muslims follow the bible, consider some of its teachings as Canon including the above as explanation for origins of islam, so I don't understand the race and religious hatred between them, they are virtually brothers and sisters of the same descent, race and religion(kinda)

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, wasn't this all solved by Jared Kushner?

After Jimmy Carter solved it. And after Bill Clinton solved it. etc etc.

Middle East peace agreements seem to only have the shelf life of the administration that negotiates them, then poof again. One day maybe the USA will figure out the only resolution for the region is for us to stop getting involved and let them sort it out on their own. (Same goes for Russia / Ukraine)

Reactions: TraderPatTX

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
For every damn time Hamas or some other group have done attacks on Israel, they only lose. It's like punching someone bigger then cry that they get hit back. This attack will give a even bigger response imho
Oh I totally understand why. But like if it didn't work after the fourth of fifth time. Maybe change tactic instead of poking the super massive bear that don't give two shit if they bomb you back to the stone age. Maybe try to talk instead?
Problem being that Hamas doesn't give a shit about Palestinians in general. They only want to inflict as much suffering and death on Israel as possible.

If anybody was curious about what Iran would use the $6 billion gift they received, here's your answer.
The US provides 3.6 billion every single year to Israel. No amount of money can make up for incompetence, and Nethanyahu has always been a dunce dating back to when he was palling around with GWB. Now he has his own 9/11 to match.

Last edited by Xzi,

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Imagery has been truly horrible. Attacking civilians is the lowest of the low. Realistically, this going end up in more suffering for the people of Gaza.
The US provides 3.6 billion every single year to Israel. No amount of money can make up for incompetence, and Nethanyahu has always been a dunce dating back to when he was palling around with GWB. Now he has his own 9/11 to match.

Bibi has been gutting institutions for years now. One of the biggest issues in the Israel/Palestine is the fact there no decent people leading both sides. Bibi is an illiberal autocrat whose been allowed to literally get away with murder and Hamas are more interested in violence than any improvement to the lives of the Palestinian people.

Reactions: Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Bibi has been gutting institutions for years now. One of the biggest issues in the Israel/Palestine is the fact there no decent people leading both sides. Bibi is an illiberal autocrat whose been allowed to literally get away with murder and Hamas are more interested in violence than any improvement to the lives of the Palestinian people.
From what I understand, a lot of high-ranking intelligence officials quit when he started pushing the whole judicial takeover thing. Likely that left some big gaps behind.

And then there's uhh...this little nugget which I'm sure didn't help matters either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: ye