Hacking Supercard Dstwo Plus Flashcard on my New 3ds XL

Which flashcard do you think is better for playing NDS and N3DS games?

• Supercard Dstwo Plus

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • R4 R4i SDHC 3DS RTS (with cfw installed)

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I meant plugins. Like to play 3ds games on the Dstwo Plus, you need to download and install the Gateway plugin emulation.

Is Luma3DS safe to use? And is it difficult to install? Because I'm leaning towards the Dstwo, but I just wanted to make sure :)
It's about as safe as you can get. And if you are on <=9.2 and have homebrew launcher access then you just need to place the files on the SD and load it through HBL. No additional setup is necessary. You can set up autoboot with A9LH or menuhax but it's not required.

Reactions: iFloruff391_Mew

iFloruff391_Mew

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's about as safe as you can get. And if you are on <=9.2 and have homebrew launcher access then you just need to place the files on the SD and load it through HBL. No additional setup is necessary. You can set up autoboot with A9LH or menuhax but it's not required.

So even if I'm on the latest version, or my current one (9.9.0-26U), I don't need to set up A9LH or menuhax? (Is the setup any different?)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So even if I'm on the latest version, or my current one (9.9.0-26U), I don't need to set up A9LH or menuhax? (Is the setup any different?)
You don't need them, but it's recommended. You will need to downgrade to use CFW though. https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki is a good guide for downgrading, installing Luma and Menuhax. You can stop after part 3 or go all the way and get A9LH. Both allow you to autoboot but A9LH is faster and more reliable.

iFloruff391_Mew

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need them, but it's recommended. You will need to downgrade to use CFW though. https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki is a good guide for downgrading, installing Luma and Menuhax. You can stop after part 3 or go all the way and get A9LH. Both allow you to autoboot but A9LH is faster and more reliable.

So I need to downgrade to version 9.2.0 in order for this to work? This is probably a really stupid question, but is it possible to update my 3DS once I have everything installed? Or do I have to wait until they release new updates before updating?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So I need to downgrade to version 9.2.0 in order for this to work? This is probably a really stupid question, but is it possible to update my 3DS once I have everything installed? Or do I have to wait until they release new updates before updating?
Yes, you can update your 3DS once you have everything installed. If you go with menuhax you can only update your emuNAND (a copy of the firmware stored on your SD card) but with A9LH you can update your sysNAND (integrated firmware), either way will work and let you play the latest games and access eShop and such but A9LH is superior in many ways.

iFloruff391_Mew

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you can update your 3DS once you have everything installed. If you go with menuhax you can only update your emuNAND (a copy of the firmware stored on your SD card) but with A9LH you can update your sysNAND (integrated firmware), either way will work and let you play the latest games and access eShop and such but A9LH is superior in many ways.

Since I need menuhax in order to downgrade, if I want to go with A9LH and update my 3DS, is there a way to delete menuhax? Or will it still work with the latest firmware (and sysNAND) version?

Also, I'm guessing I have to download sysNAND separately?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Since I need menuhax in order to downgrade, if I want to go with A9LH and update my 3DS, is there a way to delete menuhax? Or will it still work with the latest firmware (and sysNAND) version?

Also, I'm guessing I have to download sysNAND separately?
The guide will explain everything. ;)
Menuhax won't work on the latest firmware, but it's not like you'll need it, you can use hblauncher_loader to load HBL from the home menu. No, sysNAND is the firmware already on your 3DS. emuNAND is just cloned from that.

iFloruff391_Mew

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The guide will explain everything. ;)
Menuhax won't work on the latest firmware, but it's not like you'll need it, you can use hblauncher_loader to load HBL from the home menu. No, sysNAND is the firmware already on your 3DS. emuNAND is just cloned from that.

So I can delete it (menuhax) once I'm done downgrading? (Sorry, I've never done this before as you can probably tell...)

EDIT: I can't believe I didn't think about this before, but basically the only 3DS games I want are mainly Pokémon and Kirby. And since I want to play them in order, I can probably wait until SC releases a stable version of their own 3DS plugin emulator. (Does anyone know about how long that's expected to take?) I'm fine with installing Luma3DS, but if I'm correct, then there may be no need :)

Last edited by iFloruff391_Mew,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So I can delete it (menuhax) once I'm done downgrading? (Sorry, I've never done this before as you can probably tell...)

EDIT: I can't believe I didn't think about this before, but basically the only 3DS games I want are mainly Pokémon and Kirby. And since I want to play them in order, I can probably wait until SC releases a stable version of their own 3DS plugin emulator. (Does anyone know about how long that's expected to take?) I'm fine with installing Luma3DS, but if I'm correct, then there may be no need :)
No idea, I would guess a few months but they might never do it.

iFloruff391_Mew

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No idea, I would guess a few months but they might never do it.

So I should just get the Dstwo Plus anyways? I mean, a ton of people seem to be recommending it, and from what I've seen, it seems like a great card :) (Also because I kind of want to play the Pokémon GBA games :P). If I do get it, which I most likely will over the weekend, at least I'll have a way to get 3ds games even if I finish all the ones I want in like a week xD. Anyways, thanks a lot for all your help!

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So I should just get the Dstwo Plus anyways? I mean, a ton of people seem to be recommending it, and from what I've seen, it seems quite nice :). If I do get it, which I most likely will over the weekend, at least I'll have a way to get 3ds games even if I finish all the ones I want in like a week xD. Anyways, thanks a lot for all your help!
Get it for DS games, don't get it for the 3DS games. If you want a good cart for DS games then you should get it, just don't expect the 3DS support to be very good for now :)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
So I should just get the Dstwo Plus anyways? I mean, a ton of people seem to be recommending it, and from what I've seen, it seems like a great card :) (Also because I kind of want to play the Pokémon GBA games :P). If I do get it, which I most likely will over the weekend, at least I'll have a way to get 3ds games even if I finish all the ones I want in like a week xD. Anyways, thanks a lot for all your help!
unless your planning to play GBA games on a old DS then virtual console injections will most likely work fine for your GBA game fix, imho unless you plan on playing primarily nds games and plan to switch it up between old ds and 3ds at times, then i would just go the budget route of a $10 R4 card which works with pretty much all nds games anyway and doesnt drain your battery

Reactions: Deleted-379826
D

Deleted-379826

As many have said above just follow that guide, you will end up being able to play all 3ds games and Gba games for FREE no flashcard needed. You 3ds will also be almost exactly like stock but being able to do amazing things! And for ds games you can get the original R4 sdhc for the DS and there is a patch that let's you be able to use it. And that card is dirt cheap!

iFloruff391_Mew

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unless your planning to play GBA games on a old DS then virtual console injections will most likely work fine for your GBA game fix, imho unless you plan on playing primarily nds games and plan to switch it up between old ds and 3ds at times, then i would just go the budget route of a $10 R4 card which works with pretty much all nds games anyway and doesnt drain your battery

That's actually pretty much exactly what I was planning to do. The thing is, none of the flashcard sellers I've heard of (that sell either card) and seem trusted ship from the USA... So does anyone know a website that is legit, and ships from the USA?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: lol there's a guy selling mig switch in usa on ebay for $200/ea he's definitely going to get...